New frame

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2012 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2012 9:36 PM

Damn, I haven't even thought about my bike all winter and now that I started watching edits and bike season is a couple months away i'm looking to get a new frame.
I'm currently running a Sunday Gary Young 20.75 which feels WAAY too small for me. I'm 6'2 and around 230 lbs. Last summer I sat down and spent over 2-3 hours just studying and figuring out what geometry for my riding style and stuff and wrote it all down on a sheet, and lost it. Bottom line is i'm looking for a new frame. The frame has to be over 21, preferably 21.25.. I ride more park and street then anything. I like spins but cs shouldn't be too much of a worry. I was recommended to some bonedeth frames because of their indestuctability (if thats a word). I have also had my eye on the Mothership v2's. I should be getting $175 for my current frame soon to go toward a new one. Any recommendations ? Also the cheaper the better, but if I do have to spend the extra dough thats alright too. I'd rather spend more and have a longer lasting bike then less and go to parts like a motherfucker. Thanks a ton.

EDIT: What about the cult OS ?

http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10155&image=4

|

3/7/2012 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2012 9:43 PM

look into the Redline Device G7. they have done some beautiful things with that frame, and it's tough as nails.

i know a lot of people will tell you to stay away from them, but Cult has the 21.25" tt as well. but, not too many people who have Cult frames run into problems very often.

Fit has a bunch of frames with the 21.25, and the Mac is one of them. lots of guys digging that frame.

United Voyage frame, which i think is a gorgeous frame as well.

BSD Forever V2. 13.75" back end, but you're a tall guy like me and that shouldn't be a problem.

Sputnic Space Cobra. just another good frame with the 21.25" tt. but it also has the 13.75" cs like the BSD frame.

all in all, a pretty good selection for frames.

|

3/7/2012 9:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2012 9:47 PM

jesuslizard wrote:

look into the Redline Device G7. they have done some beautiful things with that frame, and it's tough as nails.

i know a lot of people will tell you to stay away from them, but Cult has the 21.25" tt as well. but, not too many people who have Cult frames run into problems very often.

Fit has a bunch of frames with the 21.25, and the Mac is one of them. lots of guys digging that frame.

United Voyage frame, which i think is a gorgeous frame as well.

BSD Forever V2. 13.75" back end, but you're a tall guy like me and that shouldn't be a problem.

Sputnic Space Cobra. just another good frame with the 21.25" tt. but it also has the 13.75" cs like the BSD frame.

all in all, a pretty good selection for frames.

Thanks man, I was just looking at the Fit Mac before I read your reply and its pretty clean looking . I'll look into those frames.

Also, what size do you ride ?

|

3/7/2012 9:47 PM

If you can afford it, get a Standard. They'll never break, but if they do they have a good warranty. My cousin has their lightest frame, and he's 200+ pounds and 6'8"

|

I had a cult frame, wether you like the company or not you have to realize they do make very solid stuff. Generic? Yea maybe, but very solid none the less.

OS would be a good choice if your on a budget, its a great frame with good geo.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

np, tall 6'2" homies gotta look out for each other in this short man's market, lol. and honestly, they are all some very nice frames. hard to pick just one.

|

3/7/2012 9:48 PM

Portland503 wrote:

If you can afford it, get a Standard. They'll never break, but if they do they have a good warranty. My cousin has their lightest frame, and he's 200+ pounds and 6'8"

I've never ridden a standard before, i'll look into it though. What size does he ride ?

|

3/7/2012 9:50 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

I had a cult frame, wether you like the company or not you have to realize they do make very solid stuff. Generic? Yea maybe, but very solid none the less.

OS would be a good choice if your on a budget, its a great frame with good geo.

i actually went this route just to see what the hype was about. not gonna lie, for a generic rebadged frame it actually feels really solid. but, i've only been out on the thing one time so far just to get used to it, so i'm not going to give a final opinion on it until i get at least a few months of solid riding in.

|

3/7/2012 9:56 PM

Bone Deth Liiving Dead or Redline

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

3/7/2012 10:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2012 10:04 PM

Well I figured out if I sell my frame so some 13 year old local for $225 I pay $35 extra plus the frame money and get myself a Cult OS from dans shipped to my door.

|

3/7/2012 10:06 PM

Cult OS are fucking garbage, if you are going to get a cult at least get a bad boy or death row.

|

3/7/2012 10:08 PM

Droogskull wrote:

Cult OS are fucking garbage, if you are going to get a cult at least get a bad boy or death row.

What makes you say OS' are garb ? Plus who wouldn't pay $40 for a new frame.

|

3/7/2012 10:18 PM

What about the Fit Wi-Fi ?

|

3/7/2012 10:27 PM

YoImBeast wrote:

What about the Fit Wi-Fi ?

The fit Wi-Fi is legit as fuck, do it up.

|

3/7/2012 10:52 PM

Grab a Cult OS V3 if you like. I have mine for a while and it can take some pretty gnarly abuse.

Or listen to "fuck Cult" heavy-headed badass Droogskull.

|

3/7/2012 10:58 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Grab a Cult OS V3 if you like. I have mine for a while and it can take some pretty gnarly abuse.

Or listen to "fuck Cult" heavy-headed badass Droogskull.

Hey if you'd actually read I recommended cults US frames.

|

3/7/2012 11:09 PM

Its the same shit, one is just made by people with regular eyes and the other is made by people with slanty eyes.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

3/7/2012 11:11 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

Its the same shit, one is just made by people with regular eyes and the other is made by people with slanty eyes.

I'm slanty eyed!

Whoo hoo first racist joke today.

|

3/7/2012 11:24 PM

i know it probably wont take the same kind of abuse but i ordered a 2011 superstar cooper in a 21 and they have 21.3 with a laid back seat tube so its more like a 21.2. anyways theyre 200 you could make money. free shipping too.

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

3/8/2012 3:11 AM

Droogskull wrote:

Bone Deth Liiving Dead or Redline

This. I have the Redline device G7, and its solid. I'm 6'0" 275, so I know it will handle whatever you can.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/8/2012 9:37 AM

get a S&M, FIT, BONEDEATH, SOLID, FBM, REDLINE... one of them

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

3/8/2012 2:32 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

I'm slanty eyed!

Whoo hoo first racist joke today.

dis right hurr iz 'Merica. fuck yea.
Photo

|

3/8/2012 3:46 PM

A haro sd or a mankind justice

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

3/8/2012 11:27 PM

Any T1.

|

3/8/2012 11:54 PM

pretty much every suggestion here has been mad good... and just for more options im pretty sure fiend and skavanger have frames in that size too

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/10/2012 2:18 PM

Portland503 wrote:

YoImBeast wrote:

I've never ridden a standard before, i'll look into it though. What size does he ride ?

He rides a 21.25

|

4/29/2012 5:21 AM

Get a united frame he has a 21 .25 and its really good I would go with the voyage

|