New frame, how do i use it?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2012 10:27 PM

I just ordered a tocco. Its got integrated chain tensioners and i have no idea how to use them. I know what they are but what do i do with them. Do i loosen the axle nuts, tighten the tensioner screws, then lock the axle bolts down and take the tensioner screws out? Is there a how to somewhere? i don't want to snap my screws off in my new frame...

|

9/14/2012 10:44 PM

I've never had a Frame with Integrated Tensioners so I wouldn't know, but I would of thought that is right.

|

9/14/2012 10:51 PM

yeah, with your nuts loose, just tighten them both evenly and it's suppose to keep your chain tight while also having your wheel centered and simplify things. all you'll need to do then is tighten your wheel and it won't shift while moving

|

9/14/2012 11:39 PM

I've used one before on a limited edition Sunday Karl Poynter frame. Just have your axle nuts loose. Then start tightening both of the chain tensioners evenly and watching them. Make sure you tighten the tensioners so that your chain is tight just enough, not overtightened. Then you can finally tighten the axle nuts.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/15/2012 12:37 AM

I have myself a Tocco, I love the tensioners.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

9/15/2012 12:54 AM

at first, i thought you were making fun of all the kids making threads with stupid questions lol. i have no idea how chain tensioners work, no one in my area has them

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

9/15/2012 1:02 AM

If you keep the bolts tight on your frame, then tighten the tensioners, the wheel moves

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

9/15/2012 2:02 AM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

If you keep the bolts tight on your frame, then tighten the tensioners, the wheel moves

Don't do this. You will break the bolts off in your frame. The axle bolts need to be loose. I have them on my bike but find its just as easy to do it the old way.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/15/2012 7:34 AM

TXLJHOPE wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Don't do this. You will break the bolts off in your frame. The axle bolts need to be loose. I have them on my bike but find its just as easy to do it the old way.

this

|

9/15/2012 7:44 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I've used one before on a limited edition Sunday Karl Poynter frame. Just have your axle nuts loose. Then start tightening both of the chain tensioners evenly and watching them. Make sure you tighten the tensioners so that your chain is tight just enough, not overtightened. Then you can finally tighten the axle nuts.

all sundays have the integrated chain tensioners

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

9/15/2012 10:36 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

element4all wrote:

all sundays have the integrated chain tensioners

False: my forecaster does not have integrated chain tensioners.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

9/15/2012 11:08 AM

PaViMo wrote:

You've got one clean ride. I got the same color and just blacked out all my other parts then i saw your bike check. are bikes will be like matching. I might get some white/tan walls tho.

on topic: so i leave the tensioner screw things in the frame while riding?

|

9/20/2012 2:11 AM

MeRidesBikes wrote:

You've got one clean ride. I got the same color and just blacked out all my other parts then i saw your bike check. are bikes will be like matching. I might get some white/tan walls tho.

lol late reply. Doesn't matter.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

9/20/2012 6:48 AM

PaViMo wrote:

MeRidesBikes wrote:

Yeah, I have them on my eastern. Theres no point in taking them out, you'll just lose them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844