New frame or new bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2016 3:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2016 4:40 AM

Hey guys, I've got a problem and hope you can help me out!
3 years ago I bought a Fit Eddie Cleveland signature 2012 (http://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/Fit/Eddie-Cleveland-4-Signature,2774)
2 weeks ago I bought it new bars (primo, 9 inches rise) and a Sunday sprocket with guard.
Now I saw a huge crack in my frame, and I don't know what to do!
Should I just buy a new frame, or sell all my parts and buy a new complete bike?
I've got now some sweet bars, stem, sprocket, and the rims are pretty solid as well. But its been a while since I wanted to buy a freecoaster, and now that my frame is cracked, I was thinking about selling all my parts(even the ones I bought two weeks ago) and buying the Sunday Broadcaster 2016. Do you think its a good deal? Or do you have any other suggestions?
I ride a lot of street, and park once in a while!
Thank you!

|

4/13/2016 4:00 AM

It would be worth getting a new complete imo. Although you could spread the cost by getting a frame, then upgrading other bits over time. It depends what your spare cash flow is I guess

|

4/13/2016 7:21 AM

I would buy a frame if the money allows because if you are like me, you will feel way better on a bike you built versus a bike you bought. Just my opinion on it though. Just as a side note too, Sunday everything is the way to go! lol I may be a little biased though.....

|

4/13/2016 7:46 AM

Thank you! Really appreciate your replies!
I think I figured what to do... Imma put my parts on sale to check how much people are willing to pay for them(I'm living in the netherlands, and parts here are way more expensive than in the USA...same for complete bikes).
If things go well I'll sell everything, put some money of my pocket on it and get the Sunday Broadcaster. Otherwise, I'm gonna buy a second hand frame and soon a freecoaster.
Thank you again!

|

4/13/2016 1:23 PM

Just buy a Sunday frame, that's if you already like the parts you have.

|

4/13/2016 1:59 PM

Eddie Cleveland that's a name i haven't heard in a while whatever happened to that guy

|

4/13/2016 2:50 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Just buy a Sunday frame, that's if you already like the parts you have.

This

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

4/13/2016 3:36 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Eddie Cleveland that's a name i haven't heard in a while whatever happened to that guy

Eddie builds choppers now. He had a part in a chopper documentary a few years ago called '6 Over'. He goes by @shreddie on Instagram.

|

Bike Check

Instagram @tkeck74

4/13/2016 8:04 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Last thing of him in the spotlight I heard of was him getting off Fit and onto Stranger (When Stranger was actually cool), but that was back in like January 2013...

He rides every now & then, his last post on instagram was 3 weeks ago of him doing a hop whip & a barpsin. He's more into motorcycles and stuff like that now though. Shame, he was one of my favorite pegless riders.

As for the original post, I would just upgrade the frame and keep your current setup. Yours is the one with Odyssey Hazard Lite rims isn't it? Those rims are better than the ones on the Broadcaster complete. Plus the chromoly parts on it are just generic chromoly and not 41 Thermal chromoly, so it's basically what you have now with shittier rims and bars.

|

4/13/2016 11:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:17 AM

eskimojay wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Last thing of him in the spotlight I heard of was him getting off Fit and onto Stranger (When Stranger was actually cool), but ...more

Yes, thank you for the reply!
I thought a lot overnight, and I realized people here don't have the habit to buy used parts as in brasil... So I just went with a new frame! Got the BSD wza, the bike is looking good! Just lack a chain tool here to go riding, gonna have to wait till tomorrow!
Thanks for the tips everyone! Peace

|

4/14/2016 11:08 AM

Here is what the bike is looking like

|

4/14/2016 11:12 AM

Photo

|

4/14/2016 11:18 AM

Fork looks pretty bent from this angle dude. MIGHT be the angle, but I would check into that too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/14/2016 2:12 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Fork looks pretty bent from this angle dude. MIGHT be the angle, but I would check into that too.

Hahaahah good eye man, it is indeed. But I'm gonna have to wait for the next scholarship to buy a new one hahahha

|