New freecoaster, but almost no slack help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2016 11:06 AM

So i got a new freecoaster and there is almost no slack and i dont want to take it appart because i've had bad experiences. If i get it done at my local bike shop its going to cost 50 dollars, and i cant afford that. What do you think is the best solution?

|

12/30/2016 11:27 AM

Watch videos , most companies make one and I know transition and ride have them too. It's pretty easy in my opinion but it's been a while since I last did it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/30/2016 1:45 PM

New freecoasters are really easy to take apart but yea there is a good chance you find a video online about your hub and you can do it for sure

|

12/30/2016 11:50 PM

What kind of f/c is it? Is it a clutch design or is it a EZRA-based design?

The former may be slightly more difficult to fidget around with, and the latter is really a breeze to take apart.

There are tons of videos-watch em. Make sure you've got the slack discs too (if it's an EZRA design).

If you want to be safe, you can take pictures as you take it apart. Or set up a camera behind your back and film it. It's good practice and helps you to put it back.

Good luck.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/30/2016 11:53 PM

Skylight wrote:

The former may be slightly more difficult to ...more

Ezra, and great idea i might just do that. Thank you. Happy new year.

|

12/31/2016 6:08 AM

Skylight wrote:

The former may be slightly more difficult to ...more

ploug wrote:

Ezra, and great idea i might just do that. Thank you. Happy new year.

Ezra are really easy to adjust. You literally just need to take the driver off and swap the slack disc. Then put the driver back in

|

12/31/2016 7:32 AM

Yep. I second this.

I have an Ezra-based freecoaster-the SaltPlus Trapez. It's a really rugged and dependable hub.

That thing is so easy to take apart and put back. Altho when I first took it apart, I was really weary and careful about it. But now, I'll easily take it off and put it back in blindfolded... Lol

Film yourself taking it apart.

Seriously. It helps A TON.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

12/31/2016 7:35 AM

Skylight wrote:

Yep. I second this.

I have an Ezra-based freecoaster-the SaltPlus Trapez. It's a really rugged and dependable hub.

That ...more

Okay i will thank you so much :D

|