New part day!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2017 6:17 PM

Got the new frame, front hub, spokes and brake cable in today!

I will update as things are assembled.

Front wheel-
Gsport Roloway
Odyssey Spokes
Demolition Zero Rim

Photo

Photo

Brake Cable is just an Odyssey Linear Slick in black (not going to put up a picture for that)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2017 6:20 PM

Fuck I'm ordering some stuff this weekend and seeing this makes me want to blow more money

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/5/2017 6:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2017 6:30 PM

What frame? I just ordered primo oil slick hubs stem and jj sprocket lol

|

brakeless maniac

4/5/2017 6:35 PM

It's actually a rim I got used, so only the spokes and hub are new.

I will show the rest once it is assembled. I want to get it built first :D

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2017 6:48 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

What frame? I just ordered primo oil slick hubs stem and jj sprocket lol

O sweet

|

brakeless maniac

4/6/2017 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2017 11:09 AM

Had a little mishap in the workshop last night, tire bead was shot and like 10 minutes after airing it up and letting it sit I heard a creak, looked over and saw the tube bulging out of the rim. It was MIDNIGHT and my wife and son were sleeping legitimately above me. I couldn't let pressure out fast enough and it went off like a shotgun blast to my hand.

Keep in mind the workshop room I have my stuff in is about 15 feet long by 6 feet tall by about 8 feet wide. Closed 2 foot by 4 foot door.

My ears were still ringing this morning.

I guess it is new tire day as soon as I can pop by the bike shop.

Anyway, here is a shot of it built with a bad front tire.

Radio Nemesis frame is the only thing I did not already post up. As soon as I have it rideable I will do up a bike check and better photos.

Photo

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2017 11:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Had a little mishap in the workshop last night, tire bead was shot and like 10 minutes after airing it up and letting it sit I ...more

That's awful... the same thing happened to me with a shadow valor. I got it on my wheel, was pumping it up and I got to 80 psi and I heard a creaking, and saw the tire start to peel off the rim. I wasn't able to do anything as it tore and the tube blew up. The pressure was so strong that bits of the tube got stuck in my spokes. It was seated correctly and everything.

As for new parts, I want to get a gyro setup soon. All I need is the detangler, and possibly a lower cable.

|

4/6/2017 11:52 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

That's awful... the same thing happened to me with a shadow valor. I got it on my wheel, was pumping it up and I got to 80 psi ...more

Yea, sucked cause I couldn't ride the frame or see how it feels.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2017 1:29 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Had a little mishap in the workshop last night, tire bead was shot and like 10 minutes after airing it up and letting it sit I ...more

Which tire and rim?

|

4/6/2017 1:36 PM

That sucks about the blow out. But I'm stoked you've got new bits! Is this the main bike now?

I got a few bits last week, a cinema guarded sprocket that doesn't guard very well. And a fit I beam post! But I can't find a railed seat I like for sale anywhere so I'm using an old fit one from a complete for now. The s&m thin seat is being reissued in may, I'll be putting in a pre order closer to the time

|

4/6/2017 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2017 1:54 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That sucks about the blow out. But I'm stoked you've got new bits! Is this the main bike now?

I got a few bits last week, a ...more

Yep! It's the only bike now, sold the fatbike to afford some parts and such.

And to Equoias, it was my front tire, a Primo WLT. The bead seems damaged and slipped off the hook on the inner wall of the rim. If I put it back on it will do it again. Tire is shot, so new tire day! Rim is ok though, so that's good.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2017 10:04 PM

I scored a zcoaster laced up to a chrome 7ka stainless dB butted spokes brand new at dealers cost total less then 400 bucks. Not some deal I can just get whenever either. But yeah my boy hooked me up. Thanks joe

|

4/6/2017 10:50 PM

Dave ! You made me mad .. I thought I got paid this week but it's actually next week ! Crap..

Well school application fees are taking a chunk off my paycheque , but maybe I'll order some jeans and a seat and be happy with that .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/7/2017 2:51 AM

Great stuff.
I'm slightly jelly as i found my rear wheel blown up when i woke up this morning. It seems some fat person used my bike and that happened.

|

4/7/2017 5:02 AM

that bike is sick looking! The copper and black is killer! I have never (knock on wood) had a tire blow like that, even while riding etc.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/7/2017 9:14 AM

Loving the new whip!

Haven't you had some other bad luck/ poor performance with the 2nd gen WLT's? lol

|

4/7/2017 10:51 AM

Bryan91 wrote:

Loving the new whip!

Haven't you had some other bad luck/ poor performance with the 2nd gen WLT's? lol

Nope, The Primo Wall back in the day was problematic, but these have been great until the other night.

Got an Animal TWW tire on the rim, but I am swapping it to the back because it is narrower than the WLT in the rear.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/7/2017 11:32 AM

Ah, that's what it was...

14yr old me was a big fanboi of the first wall tire and Primo wall grips smile

I must of purchased an anomaly set of tires and grips back then, because it seems now most people disliked them (especially the grips lol).

|

4/7/2017 12:58 PM

Ultimately I need to get my Demolition Rogue cassette laced up and run that. I miss cassette, and this setup feels super trails-y when I look at it. Haven't even had a moment to ride it sadly. I will be tomorrow though.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura