New to BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2020 9:52 AM

Hey guys, I’m new to BMX, I’ve seen a ton of these post and I know it can get annoying so I’ll try and keep it simple.
I just ordered a 2019 WTP Reason, seemed to be a good choice with the full chromoly set up. Got a gnarly deal on it too. Do you guys think it was a good choice ? Any advice to the newcomer ? tips & tricks ? Let me have it

|

3/29/2020 10:10 AM

Seems like a decent complete. I would say, and I’m no pro, save for some better bars. I would probably break or bend the ones the 19 reason came with in two weeks tops. Look for a 2 piece bar set up ideally with a lifetime warranty so you only buy them once. You already have a double walled rear rim but be prepared to buy another one when you go to learn flat 180’s or 360’s. Looks pretty solid online though. As far as tricks. Get manuals, bunny hops, and fakies down pretty solid to start

|

3/29/2020 10:19 AM

rainescustoms99 wrote:

Seems like a decent complete. I would say, and I’m no pro, save for some better bars. I would probably break or bend the ones the 19 reason came with in two weeks tops. Look for a 2 piece bar set up ideally with a lifetime warranty so you only buy them once. You already have a double walled rear rim but be prepared to buy another one when you go to learn flat 180’s or 360’s. Looks pretty solid online though. As far as tricks. Get manuals, bunny hops, and fakies down pretty solid to start

Thanks a lot, my man. And I’ll keep new bars in mind, I don’t like the look of the 4-piece anyway. Any brands you’d recommend off the top ? Also was planning on getting some new wheels & tires as soon as I could, I like colored border walls to give it some flair. Will keep all this in mind, thank you.

|

3/29/2020 10:27 AM

As a beginner, you'll be fine with the WTP Reason. It's definitely a solid choice for a beginner and beyond. You really shouldn't worry about changing anything anytime soon. Just ride and enjoy at this point. Learn at your own pace and wear safety gear!

|

3/29/2020 11:45 AM

You made a good choice. Welcome!

|

3/29/2020 12:20 PM

Thank you to everyone replying and showing the love, this is why I wanted to get involved again

|

3/29/2020 1:03 PM

Congratulations and welcome!!!! Let us know when it comes in and how you like it!!! With pics preferably. smile

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/29/2020 1:11 PM

solid bike! my advice;

- focus on riding and having fun. you don't have to measure up to anyone or anything - its supposed to be fun
- try not to worry about the latest greatest parts and trends - replace parts as they wear out or break.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Street Build

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims

3/29/2020 1:40 PM

rainescustoms99 wrote:

cacty wrote:

Thanks a lot, my man. And I’ll keep new bars in mind, I don’t like the look of the 4-piece anyway. Any brands you’d recommend off the top ? Also was planning on getting some new wheels & tires as soon as I could, I like colored border walls to give it some flair. Will keep all this in mind, thank you.

The other guys on here are 100% right don’t compare yourself just have fun, but I neglected to learn the basics now I can do some decent novice stuff but can’t manual for shit lol.. anyway if you’re anything like me when I first started all I did was get decent air and flow the park. Only takes one time to land wrong on a cheap set of bars to Bend to crack them, it doesn’t take much, I bent bars before I could flat 180... I always recommend odyssey’s 41 thermal line. 70-100 bucks for bars that you will only buy once and will probably never need to warranty at least not for a long time. I just upgraded to these bars after destroying animal bars in less than two weeks, after I watched the stress test videos I was sold. Everyone has their favorite brands but I’m cheap. You put a lifetime warranty on anything and you’ve got my attention lol.

|

3/29/2020 7:31 PM

Welcome! I wouldn’t worry about changing anything out on that, unless something actually breaks (which I can’t see happening). Just ride it and enjoy yourself.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

3/30/2020 6:07 AM

Welcome to BMX! Definitely a good choice of BMX for getting back in to things. As others have said, take it easy to begin with, get used to the feel of the bike and most of all have fun out there!

|

Follow my journey in Instagram: danbmxaus