New to BMX-ing Help

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2015 11:49 AM

So i am basically just started getting into BMX-ing
and i have seen alot of pro videos like aaron ross' , stevie churchill , and bmx vloggers like LZ Bmx

im getting a new bmx soon

i want one for tricks and grinds and all that
brakeless and such

just dont want it to be a none street/or not for tricks bmx
i dont wanna make that mistake

i wanna be sure the bmx im getting is for freestyle tricks

how can i make sure of that?

PLEASE , no hate on the new member

|

"We hold our rifles in missing hands. We stand tall on missing legs. We stride forward on the bones of our fallen. Then, and only then, are we alive. This "Pain" is ours and no one else's. A secret weapon we wield, out of sight. We will be stronger than ever. For our peace ... Still, It doesn't feel like this is over.
— Kazuhira Miller

9/17/2015 12:12 PM

First off, if you are new you want a rear brake at least as inexperienced riders who go brakeless end up having a bad time.
What is your budget for a bike?

|

Bruh

9/17/2015 12:40 PM

Get something with sealed hubs, double wall rims, integrated headset, and full chromoly. Rest doesn't really matter as far as first bikes go....you need brakes

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/18/2015 6:32 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

First off, if you are new you want a rear brake at least as inexperienced riders who go brakeless end up having a bad time.
What is your budget for a bike?

my budget is around 400$

|

"We hold our rifles in missing hands. We stand tall on missing legs. We stride forward on the bones of our fallen. Then, and only then, are we alive. This "Pain" is ours and no one else's. A secret weapon we wield, out of sight. We will be stronger than ever. For our peace ... Still, It doesn't feel like this is over.
— Kazuhira Miller

9/18/2015 9:40 PM

I'd say good starters are KINK or maybe a FIT. I began late 2012 and still run that KINK Whip frame to this day. Pretty solid. For you though, I'd recommend at least a rear brake to get the feel of actually riding BMX because crashes happen to everyone and sometimes brakes can help prevent or lessen an impact. Also, you can do pretty cool stall tricks, that's why I still run brakes. A helmet is ALWAYS a good idea as well. If you get pegs, hub guards will save your hubs and I highly recommend them.

Good luck! :D

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/19/2015 1:50 AM

Have a look at WeThePeople, FIT, Kink, Sunday and Cult and see what you can find for $400, Look for sealed bearings and as much 4130 chromoly as possible.

|

Bruh

9/19/2015 3:12 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I'd say good starters are KINK or maybe a FIT. I began late 2012 and still run that KINK Whip frame to this day. Pretty solid. For you though, I'd recommend at least a rear brake to get the feel of actually riding BMX because crashes happen to everyone and sometimes brakes can help prevent or lessen an impact. Also, you can do pretty cool stall tricks, that's why I still run brakes. A helmet is ALWAYS a good idea as well. If you get pegs, hub guards will save your hubs and I highly recommend them.

Good luck! :D

thank you very much!

|

— Kazuhira Miller

9/19/2015 3:12 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Have a look at WeThePeople, FIT, Kink, Sunday and Cult and see what you can find for $400, Look for sealed bearings and as much 4130 chromoly as possible.

i saw the KINK Sxton liberty 2016 looks pretty dope
is it a good starter

|

— Kazuhira Miller

9/19/2015 3:37 AM

Seriously, get the least expensive, full chromo bike with sealed bearings you can find. Mongoose Mode 900 was a good bike for beginners, at $200 us, it's a beast for starting out, and if, you decide freestyle bmx isn't for you, you're only out 2 bills.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/19/2015 6:04 AM

Get something with brakes, you don't have the experience or feel of a bike to be able to handle no brakes. Plus brakes are super fun!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/19/2015 6:06 AM

http://www.mongoose.com/usa/chamber-19428

this guy is $224 and has basically everything you need.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/19/2015 11:08 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

http://www.mongoose.com/usa/chamber-19428

this guy is $224 and has basically everything you need.

Looks like a very nice starter bike
thank you for the info

|

— Kazuhira Miller

9/20/2015 7:41 AM

sunday sells whole bike that r really good starter bikes for 399$

|