New to BMX need some help. (Brakes)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2009 7:13 PM

I have a 08 verde theory I bought it used but it didnt even have a scratch on it. Anyways I was messing around today and noticed that the chain rubs on the brake U arm. Is that normal? Also I want to put front brakes on it. I do not know what route to go with that. I was watching people today at a park they all had front brakes and were doing like stoppies on the ramps and stuff and looks really cool to me anyways any help and much appreciated! Thanks allot
JR!

|

New Jersey sucks!

4/27/2009 7:16 PM

get one of those oversized stem bolts from dans and run ur front brakes through ur forks and get some brakes the use a pivot bolts and bolt the through the little hole in ur forks

|

fawk, i'm old

4/27/2009 7:17 PM

|

fawk, i'm old

4/27/2009 7:22 PM

It is not scratchless anymore I think the handle bars are even bent a little haha I have been learning real hard the last few weeks.

Any brand of brakes that I should be looking at more then others? Like I was saying I am really new to BMX.

|

New Jersey sucks!

4/27/2009 7:24 PM

odyssey 1999 brake kit will do it

oh yeah and might wanna look into the chain rub

|

fawk, i'm old

4/27/2009 7:26 PM

Thanks for the help.

|

New Jersey sucks!

4/27/2009 7:28 PM

no problem good luck

|

fawk, i'm old

4/27/2009 7:31 PM

front brakes are gay, dont get them, get back brakes

|

4/27/2009 7:36 PM

kxrider14 wrote:

actually when people know how to use them front brakes are sick. watching my friend nosepick a spine is probably one of my favorite things in BMX.

if you want front brakes get some forks with brake mounts or they're gonna suck ass and not be worth it.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

4/27/2009 7:40 PM

kxrider14 wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

actually when people know how to use them front brakes are sick. watching my friend nosepick a spine is probably one of my favorite things in BMX.

if you want front brakes get some forks with brake mounts or they're gonna suck ass and not be worth it.

I agree I saw this group today at the park and they did some sick shit with front brakes.

|

New Jersey sucks!

4/27/2009 7:53 PM

brake less or back brakes rock well fronts are really fun for flat land anytime

|

Sigs are for Pigs