New to BMX'ing

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2014 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2014 2:29 PM

Hello everyone, well i've ordered my bike from MafiaBike.com it's a Mafia clip 1 (trans blue) and i have heard great reviews about it and it was also suggested to me by friends, but this is my first BMX ever! and i was hoping if anyone could tell me good youtube channels and places to get me started in street BMX'ing or even just learning simple beginner tricks.

thanks smile

(A little information on the Mafia clip 1 BMX:
20.5 inch TT Hi Tensile Steel Frame, 13.25" CS, 75.5 deg head angle, 9.5" stand-over, 11.75" BB height. integral seat clamp, CNC BB, clean, tiny 14mm rear drop outs. Bars, 29.5" wide, 9" high (BIG). Taper blade threadless forks. mid sealed BB. Samox 3-piece 4130 crank set. 25T front sprocket. 9T sealed 6 paw semi sealed cartridge bearing driver. alloy 36h rear hub 32h front hub (14mm axle rear, 10mm axle front). Alex Y303 rims. Massive 2.3" Innova FAT tyres, C-Star U-brake with clear pads. mid padded kevlar covered seat with alloy post. Top load stem. Kraton rubber grips. KMC chain. Plastic FPD pedals. 1 year manufacturers warranty. 24.2 lbs. Component weights: frame 5.71lb / bar 1.96lb / forks 2.54lb.)

|

instagram: @TandosAwesome | Bike Check: N/A | Xbox gamertag: OS2 Tando

1/4/2014 2:00 PM

Im not a fan of him personally, I find him quite annoying and childish, but Adam LZ (LZ BMX on youtube) posts alot of how-to's and really supports new riders. I feel like majority of younger riders worship him though which is annoying.

He REALLY annoys me. But if youre younger youll probably love him.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/4/2014 2:02 PM

Good YouTube channels are generally any bmx or action sport themed channel. Vimeo is good too. Search for different brands web videos, like cult, mutiny, etc etc. for tricks just watch these videos and think about what looks fun and what you'd like to do. Start off with basic stuff like manuals, hops, and 180s and just work your way up from there. Don't forget to have fun!

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/4/2014 2:03 PM

You should of got a better bike than that piece of shit

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

your friends are dicks for suggesting that, you should of saved way more and got a Sunday or WeThePeople.

Best of luck any ways

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/4/2014 2:06 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im not a fan of him personally, I find him quite annoying and childish, but Adam LZ (LZ BMX on youtube) posts alot of how-to's ...more

Aah, i see what you mean by annoying tongue i'll give him a try thank you for replying!

|

1/4/2014 2:07 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

...more

Can't i replace these parts on the bike i've ordered? sad

|

1/4/2014 2:08 PM

Yeah lz bmx and his old channel about how tos could be helpfull, i personally really like his style. Other good channels are boqer123, arsenalfalco, twisterx15, and some others.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/4/2014 2:08 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Good YouTube channels are generally any bmx or action sport themed channel. Vimeo is good too. Search for different brands web ...more

Thanks! and i'm sure i'll have fun, my bikes is coming in on Monday so i can't wait! :D

|

1/4/2014 2:09 PM

T-rider wrote:

Yeah lz bmx and his old channel about how tos could be helpfull, i personally really like his style. Other good channels are ...more

Thanks T-rider i'll check these channels out!! :D

|

1/4/2014 2:09 PM

Welcome mate,
Start by learning bike control. Start lifting the front, learning how to lift the rear. Bunny hops are a gateway to nearly everything else.
Make the bike an extension of you by just getting real familiar with it.

Most of all, enjoy every minute

|

1/4/2014 2:11 PM

Underground wrote:

Welcome mate,
Start by learning bike control. Start lifting the front, learning how to lift the rear. Bunny hops are a gateway ...more

Thank you so much! and i'm sure i'll enjoy riding my new bike :D

|

1/4/2014 2:13 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

...more

_TandoM_ wrote:

Just buy stuff when it breaks lad.

When you're buying cranks you'll need a new bb and sprocket I think.

|

1/4/2014 2:16 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

...more

_TandoM_ wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Just buy stuff when it breaks lad.

When you're buying cranks you'll need a new bb and sprocket I think.

Ooh, the Mafia clip 1 comes with soft seat and 3 piece crank so i'm sure i won't need to replace these, all the other parts you mentioned i'm not sure about tongue

|

1/4/2014 2:20 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

...more

_TandoM_ wrote:

You can, and you shold once you break them, but yeah, its a pretty shitty bike, but man, its cheap as fuck and at least looks good.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/4/2014 2:25 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

1 piece cranks

Unsealed wheels

Unsealed headset

Rock hard seat

...more

_TandoM_ wrote:

T-rider wrote:

You can, and you shold once you break them, but yeah, its a pretty shitty bike, but man, its cheap as fuck and at least looks ...more

I was thinking about the wrong bike

|

1/4/2014 2:43 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/4/2014 3:00 PM

Just like to sy , welcome to Vital. It's just a website at first but you really get to love it. I've talked to alot of cool people on here , which I consider good friend. Even thogh we don't know eachother , we're all in a huge bmx family !

The frame geomentry sounds really sick. Sounds like fun to ride !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/4/2014 3:07 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Just like to sy , welcome to Vital. It's just a website at first but you really get to love it. I've talked to alot of cool ...more

Thank you, i hope to get along with you all!! and my BMX Is still being delivered and it's getting here on monday, so i'll have to wait until then, but i seriously can't wait :D tongue

|

1/4/2014 3:07 PM

Nice to see people starting in bmx, have fun rideing.

|

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

1/4/2014 3:15 PM

_TandoM_ wrote:

Thank you, i hope to get along with you all!! and my BMX Is still being delivered and it's getting here on monday, so i'll ...more

No worries dude. Your bike is really modern and up to date with the trends. It sounds like a cool bike. And ignore what others say , for a beginning bike , it's actually really good ! I'd ride it ! It should last you a bit. Obviously learning tricks will damage parts and need replacing but you shouldn't worry about that yet.

Hope you have fun ! Keep on vital if you need help or info.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/4/2014 3:21 PM

Ridebmx.com has some how tos that helped me when I started.

|

1/4/2014 3:27 PM

Cmxx wrote:

Ridebmx.com has some how tos that helped me when I started.

Awesome! i've been on that Website before, but didn't have a proper look i'll go and check it out again :D thanks!!

|

1/4/2014 3:28 PM

streetBMX wrote:

Thanks StreetBMX i'm sure i will :D, especially since we have 2 parks in my city as well tongue

|

1/4/2014 3:32 PM

Harry Main is a really good person to follow. Really cool person, amazing rider, great attitude. Posts alot of videos and has a few how-to's. Hes very inspiring aswell. Definitely look him up.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/4/2014 3:39 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Harry Main is a really good person to follow. Really cool person, amazing rider, great attitude. Posts alot of videos and has ...more

Thanks Tim i'll check him out :D

|

1/4/2014 3:48 PM

Welcome man! Regardless of the bike you got, you can replace the parts with better ones. And you WILL get shit talked. Thats just the way it works. There are many trolls on this sight including SickDude and CrazyClark. Just ignore them unless you have a witty comeback to what they say. I hope you stick around and ask for help and stuff like that. The number of people who ask a question and leave is countless and to be honest, we need more people here. But welcome to the world of bikes!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/4/2014 3:50 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Welcome man! Regardless of the bike you got, you can replace the parts with better ones. And you WILL get shit talked. Thats ...more

Thank you!! and i like i said before can't wait to get along with you all and also you can get shit talked anywhere in the internet these days tongue, but again thanks for such a kind welcome :D

|

1/4/2014 3:51 PM

One thing on that bike I would change immediatly is the front wheel. 32H is no me gusta. Get a 36H it will be much better.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/4/2014 3:52 PM

streetBMX wrote:

_TandoM_ wrote:

Thanks StreetBMX i'm sure i will :D, especially since we have 2 parks in my city as well tongue

Lucky man! Takes advantage of that.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/4/2014 3:52 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Welcome man! Regardless of the bike you got, you can replace the parts with better ones. And you WILL get shit talked. Thats ...more

Sickdude isn't a troll.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine