New to bmx and need help.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2017 9:05 AM

I'm new to bmxing and I need help, I'm wanting to start riding pegs but I don't know what pegs and what hub guards will fit my bike can someone help?
My bike is a united supreme 2017 with everything stock. If you could let me know what hub guards and what pegs would fit it would be greatly appreciated.

|

5/8/2017 2:06 PM

United actually make universal front and rear non drive side hub guards, not sure about drive side but doesn't look like it. For the drive side I would recommend primo dsg or g sport uniguard. There are a couple of other options for front hub guards as well for example the mission universal guard or g sport gland mk3 or Merritt tension hub guards. The gsport uniguard, gland mk3 and the Merritt tension will also fit your rear non drive side. Tree bike co also make universal guards. I'm sure there a couple of other brands that make universal front and rear guards as well just do some searching.

As for pegs, any pegs with a 10mm size will fit your front wheel and you'll need 14mm for the back. You shouldn't have any trouble finding pegs since those are the standard sizes.

|

Rider & A Writer

5/10/2017 9:17 AM

Most pegs are made for 14mm axles and come with adapters to fit 10mm front axles.

|

5/10/2017 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2017 12:17 PM

In the past, most front axles were 3/8" which is actually 9.5mm. Maybe some companies are doing 10mm axles now? (at least I'm not aware of it)

10mm axles do exist on some mountain bikes, and the hardware is not cross-compatible--3/8" axle nuts will not work on a 10mm axle.

|

5/10/2017 12:32 PM

The pegs that I have came with 10mm adapters. Pegs aren't usually threaded so 0.5mm difference in size will not affect it.

|

5/10/2017 4:13 PM

Get a g sport gland for the front. The older one is the biggest hub guards you can get, and not only protects your hub, but your spokes too. It's great for beginners. you probably have a 14mm rear, and 3/8 front axles. Most pegs are 14mm, but come with adapters for 3/8.

|