New to the board... not to the grind

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2013 12:34 PM

Whats up peeps,

I know that I am probably older than most on this site...and thats cool i guess. I havent been on a bike since i was about 19, and i am 36 now...back in the day, i would like to say i was brutal..lol, but that was a long time ago. I am in the Army, and I am deployed to Kuwait. Walking to the chow hall a couple weeks ago, i found an old bmx bike that was thrashed, it had been painted over and over with spray paint and regular wall paint, even the rims were painted. All the bearings were siezed, the cups on the crank set were ate through...all in all it was in really bad shape. I dont know who made the bike, or what year it is. There are no tattle tale signs. for all i know its just a cheep wal-mart special...but it has called to me. I have taken it...stripped it down, primered it. i put a half ass decent paint job on it, using what i could find..spray paint..i got lucky and even came across a can of clear...i have ordered a Black ops crank set, redline grips, a redline opc chainwheel. I got a KMC chain on its way....I also ordered a set of redline peddles, and a Tioga Beartrap II Headset. I tried to salvage the rims because i didnt want to pay the shipping to have them sent here...the bigger the items are the harder it is to get them shipped...but i had no choice, and bought a set off ebay..a set of old school Araya rims with Haro hubs. I am excited about building this bike, and i am looking forward to breaking my ass a few times on it as well. When i am done with this deployment, i will probably send this bike home, and give it to my 9 year old son as his first BMX. I am going to put some pics on here, maybe one of you young adults can tell me what i have found....and i will continue to post pics of the build up, and pics of us Army boys Grinding it out in the desert sand....later, J Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|