New to the forum *bike stolen*

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2016 5:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2016 7:06 AM

What's up guys my names Michael. I've been riding bmx for a couple years now. I actually just had my bike stolen off of my porch on the second floor of my apartment! I was looking into getting a new one and I'm not sure what to get. My old bike was a 2015 fit aitken 1. I'm debating between these two bikes, which one do you think would be better? Or do you guys recommend any other bikes between 300-450? I'm looking for a 20.75" top tube. I'm 5' 8


https://www.danscomp.com/products/102712/2016_Fit_Benny_1_Bike_(Ben_Lewis).html

https://www.danscomp.com/products/102659/2016_Sunday_Childs_EX_Bike_(Chris_Childs).html?gclid=CjwKEAjww_a8BRDB-O-OqZb_vRASJAA9yrc5cxzEhBTnr18smpaGiO7GRUSSp-J5Fl0BDgvvLxXH_xoCdz3w_wcB

|

8/1/2016 6:31 AM

I would pick the Sunday over the fit. I picked up a SE hoodrich that's 100% chromoly, sealed bearings, double walled rims and 20.7 top tube for 330 bucks its on sale right now. I couldn't find a better deal. Goodluck man sorry to hear about your bike.

|

8/1/2016 6:34 AM

I'll have to check that out thanks man!

And it's alright about the bike. I live on the second floor of my apartment complex and had it out on the porch. Somebody climbed up onto my porch and stole it. I still have no clue how somebody managed to get up there.

|

8/1/2016 6:34 AM

|

8/1/2016 6:34 AM

Damn that's crazy man! Need to bring the bike inside from now on...

|

8/1/2016 6:41 AM

michael6593 wrote:

I'll have to check that out thanks man!

And it's alright about the bike. I live on the second floor of my apartment complex and had it out on the porch. Somebody climbed up onto my porch and stole it. I still have no clue how somebody managed to get up there.

There's alot of companies now making locks, check out Subrosas line of locks or Odyssey.

As for what kind of bike to get, the Sunday seems like a better choice.

|


| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!


8/1/2016 6:41 AM

Cool man thanks!

And yeah I'm just not sure about it. Are Sunday's good bikes? I'm only skeptical because my buddy had a Sunday and it felt like a really crappy bike. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing issue... Or a maintenance issue. I'm really looking for a solid bike that I won't have to mess with too much.

|

8/1/2016 9:58 AM

michael6593 wrote:

Cool man thanks!

And yeah I'm just not sure about it. Are Sunday's good bikes? I'm only skeptical because my buddy had a Sunday and it felt like a really crappy bike. I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing issue... Or a maintenance issue. I'm really looking for a solid bike that I won't have to mess with too much.

Maybe your friend had a really cheap bike. Maybe he didn't maintain it properly but in my opinion sunday bikes are the best bikes you can buy. Definitely sunday kills the complete bike game. You probably won't have to do anything for multiple years. I bought a sunday complete for my first bike 6 years ago and rode it hard for almost 5 years. I just bough a sunday soundwave frame and retired my old complete a year ago. The only reason I switched is because the soundwave had a better geometry for what I was wanting to do. I would say for sure buy the sunday.

|

8/1/2016 12:43 PM

It was a Sunday AM plus free coaster. It just felt really loose and creaky. But that's good to know man! I just ordered the Sunday I'm super stoked!

|

8/1/2016 1:05 PM

michael6593 wrote:

It was a Sunday AM plus free coaster. It just felt really loose and creaky. But that's good to know man! I just ordered the Sunday I'm super stoked!

That's awesome! You are going to love the bike. Just remember that even though it may come partly assembled that does not mean that everything is tight! Remember to tighten all the nuts and bolts before you ride the bike.

|

8/1/2016 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2016 1:51 PM

I hope so!! And I will for sure. That's what I did with my last compete and it rode solid!

|

8/1/2016 9:26 PM

get a verde

|