New vs. Upgrade

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2014 6:44 PM

Hey, new to the forum. I've been been browsing for quite the time, and decided to hop on the forum. I wouldn't say that I'm a n00b, I just don't get to the park or anything, and haven't really been doing bmx all to much until recently (I can bunnyhop what I need to, footjam endo, the basics). Now I need wonderful community help.

Back in 2012 i bought a new Haro 300.2 (i didn't have a true bmx bike otherwise), wanting to get into park. Let's face it, when you see people doing tail taps and tuck no-handers out of a bowl, everyone wants to try. Then I found street and flatland to be a much more fun category (no parks here in the town, not to many dirt jumps). So my issue is: do I sell the Haro right now and buy a new bike (suggestions wanted, once I get extra money) or do I simply wait till the Haro breaks (frame, or other costly part) then buy a new bike? My other option is to keep the Haro and upgrade it when something breaks.

Thanks to all who reply, and sorry for the n00bish-ness.

|

6/8/2014 6:50 PM

Upgrade when something breaks/wears out.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/9/2014 12:46 PM

Thanks for the insight.

|

6/9/2014 1:53 PM

yeah, no sense in replacing everything when you've got a perfectly good bike to ride, just replace specific parts as they break

like they say, if it aint broke don't fix it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "