New wheel

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 8:16 PM

So I might actually be finally getting a new rear wheel for my birthday and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of it if its a good wheel or not:

G-Sport Rollcage ano red
Cult Match Male 9t RHD
DT Swiss champion spokes w/ DT Swiss nipples

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/8/2014 8:27 PM

Sounds good.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/8/2014 8:42 PM

Sounds like crap, probably blow out the hub in a few months and rim will be bent to shit in a few weeks. wouldnt be surprised if you broke a few spokes every other day to be honest

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/8/2014 8:45 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Sounds like crap, probably blow out the hub in a few months and rim will be bent to shit in a few weeks. wouldnt be surprised ...more

Yeah I'm kinda worried I've heard of defective nipples coming out of the factory being bombs and turning the wheel into a rolling firecracker

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:23 PM

Rim is great. I heard that the hub is AMAZING , I think Sundaybmxrr rides it. He can vouch for it. Spokes are spokes.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/8/2014 9:27 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Rim is great. I heard that the hub is AMAZING , I think Sundaybmxrr rides it. He can vouch for it. Spokes are spokes.

Sweet, I heard dt swiss spokes are better so that's the only reason I picked more expensive spokes.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:32 PM

I think I'm gonna recycle my birdcage and make that my new front rim whenever I get a front hub.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:33 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Sweet, I heard dt swiss spokes are better so that's the only reason I picked more expensive spokes.

Cult Match is great, I had the exact same wheel setup besides spokes awhile back. Was really stiff but I dented the rim and put a small flat spot in it, so I upgraded to the Ribcage. Still have the Match cassette too, with DT Swiss spokes. Haven't broken a single spoke and been running them since early October, I ride a hub guard though. I'd recommend you get one too, that hub's flanges are higher and can bend/crack easier. I've seen it happen, and my old Primo mix I bent the flange the first week I got it because I didn't feel like buying a guard. Plus it's good all around to have a hub guard

|

2/8/2014 9:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Cult Match is great, I had the exact same wheel setup besides spokes awhile back. Was really stiff but I dented the rim and ...more

Cool, I don't grind at the moment but if I do I'll definitely get a hub guard. I would get a ribcage but I can't find it in red anywhere.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:41 PM

Should I get a female or a male, my friend has the female and said that it only fits cult frames like his and he doesn't like it but he's kind of a dumb ass so I'm not sure since I'm mostly peg less I kinda want a female.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:48 PM

Male for peg use. Others will disagree though.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/8/2014 9:51 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Male for peg use. Others will disagree though.

So if I'm not a big grinder I should be good with a female?

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:53 PM

Male in the back always unless it's a true 14mm female, for heavier grinding anyway. if you're only going to be grinding a little, then a 3/8" shemale in the back is fine (3/8" bolts, 14mm center axle with shoulders that rest in the dropouts) which is what the Cult Match female is. I would still just get the male though personally

|

2/8/2014 9:56 PM

Just get male, goes with everything. Female will suck if you decide to start taking grinding seriously. I remember running a 3/8 rear hub for the first time and starting to grind real seriously and snapped off the whole non-drive side. It really sucked. From that day on, I swore to just stick to male axles unless it's a 14mm female, which I honestly cannot afford at the moment.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/8/2014 9:57 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Male in the back always unless it's a true 14mm female, for heavier grinding anyway. if you're only going to be grinding a ...more

Alright but is my friend wrong about the female only fitting cult frames and not working with hub guards?

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:58 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Just get male, goes with everything. Female will suck if you decide to start taking grinding seriously. I remember running a ...more

Might just go with a male, what is a true 14mm female? Like a gsport with an oversized internal axle?

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 9:59 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Just get male, goes with everything. Female will suck if you decide to start taking grinding seriously. I remember running a ...more

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Might just go with a male, what is a true 14mm female? Like a gsport with an oversized internal axle?

Yup

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

2/8/2014 10:03 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yup

Ok I'll just get male then and a female in the front when I get a front hub.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 10:06 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Ok I'll just get male then and a female in the front when I get a front hub.

Yes, best decision ever. And if people weren't such weight weenies, companies would still probably be making 14mm forks, male front hubs, and 14mm female front hubs. A full 14mm female wheelset with enclosed fork and frame dropouts would be indestructible for grinding.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/8/2014 10:10 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Yes, best decision ever. And if people weren't such weight weenies, companies would still probably be making 14mm forks, male ...more

Well my plan is to get a g sport simian front hub with then enclosed shadow fork Idk if that's what you meant by enclosed forks

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 10:15 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Well my plan is to get a g sport simian front hub with then enclosed shadow fork Idk if that's what you meant by enclosed ...more

Photo

Photo
|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/8/2014 10:19 PM

What frame and fork are those?

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 10:25 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Those forks are Shadow Captives like you mentioned. They have a special adapter that allows you to run 26mm offset or 32mm. So basically, it's like having two-in-one forks. And the frame is a custom company called Modern bikes. They're one of many few companies who make custom fit frames, just like Solid bikes.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/8/2014 10:28 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Those forks are Shadow Captives like you mentioned. They have a special adapter that allows you to run 26mm offset or 32mm. So ...more

Oh ok cool yeah I like the idea of having the adjustible offset. So I was looking at the "true" 14mm hubs is a Shadow BTR a true 14mm it says the bolts are 14mm not the 3/8x28 or whatever the other hubs have.

|

My Fit

2/8/2014 10:32 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Those forks are Shadow Captives like you mentioned. They have a special adapter that allows you to run 26mm offset or 32mm. So ...more

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Oh ok cool yeah I like the idea of having the adjustible offset. So I was looking at the "true" 14mm hubs is a Shadow BTR a ...more

Yeah, most 3/8 female hubs use 3/8" x 24 tpi (threads per inch). Other stuff like Profile tend to have different thread pitch like 3/8" x 16 tpi or something along those lines. Do your research if you ever end up having to work on bolts.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

2/8/2014 10:38 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Yeah, most 3/8 female hubs use 3/8" x 24 tpi (threads per inch). Other stuff like Profile tend to have different thread pitch ...more

So I think I'm gonna try to get a ratchet instead of a match.

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 5:11 AM

Either the cult or the gsport laced to the rollcage will be an awesome wheel.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 9:39 AM

Sounds pretty good but i think im with everyone else on the hub. I think the Animal Javelin would be great, mabye even in red also.

|

2/9/2014 8:18 PM

Alright so I decided I'm gonna try to get the ratchet so I can switch it to LHD if I decide to start grinding and so I don't snap the female axle grinding since I want a female. Laced up to a rollcage and I'm ordering it from Empire.

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 11:01 PM

Good choice

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx