Newbie girl starting out

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2016 1:46 PM

Hi

Just wanted to say hi, I'm new to BMX, always wanted to get into it, just never had the push to do so.
I've had a push recently and at 26 years old I've purchased my 1st BMX (Mongoose Logo 2011 in red - I'm aware its not the best but its a start!)
I'm from the Chesterfield area, and after a few laps around my local track, I'm loving it, not the most confident yet but I'm sure that will come with time! Already looking forward to upgrading and the lighter nights so I can go out after work.

Please feel free to say hi smile

Lauz

|

1/2/2016 2:05 PM

Welcome to the sausage fest.

Don't let the dudes get to you.

|

1/2/2016 3:38 PM

If I were you, I would grab some nice tires, and find some other women that ride. Do you want to race, or do freestyle?

|

1/2/2016 3:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!

When you're ready to start upgrading parts, keep an eye out for second hand. Look on Facebook for bmx buy/sell pages in your area. Do you know anyone that rides? They'll be able to help you out with what to get. Or you can ask in here. But most of us a narrow minded one way or the other.....

|

1/2/2016 4:14 PM

Welcome. Have fun and don't let anything discourage you

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/2/2016 4:59 PM

Welcome to Vital!

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/2/2016 5:28 PM

Your actually local to me

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

1/2/2016 6:30 PM

we may need to see pics of you on this bike to help you out.

|

1/2/2016 8:43 PM

Welcome! That's great to hear; BMX needs more ladies, even skaters have more participating females than us in comparison.

I'm raising my own Baby Girl to ride BMX, but she's very young and still relies on training wheels. Tried to remove them and she cried after falling. Anyways I put the training wheels back on and she's happy; I will try again without them someday soon hopefully.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/3/2016 7:22 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

Where abouts in Notts you from?

|

1/3/2016 12:38 PM

There's a lot of thirsty kids in this forum. lol

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/3/2016 3:22 PM

Welcome to the shitshow

|

1/3/2016 9:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2016 9:19 PM

lauraghh,

There are a few freestyle ladies in the UK kicking around.
Kayley Ashworth sets up a heap of Women's ride days around the country, she might be worthwhile inboxing to see if there are other ladies in your area that ride. It may be less intimidating and a way of finding a decent "local".

|

1/3/2016 10:50 PM

The best way to get help and get stoked on bmx is to not join vital. This place is a shit fest. I don't know why I even get on here anymore

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/4/2016 4:15 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

The best way to get help and get stoked on bmx is to not join vital. This place is a shit fest. I don't know why I even get on ...more

This

|

If it ain't broke...

1/4/2016 6:47 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

The best way to get help and get stoked on bmx is to not join vital. This place is a shit fest. I don't know why I even get on ...more

I feel sad every time I see a comment like this, but I understand many members feel this way. I myself have not been a member that long, however I would say I have been a Vital user for a long time.

When you type BMX related questions on Google like:

"straight spokes or double-butted spokes"
"titanium parts?"
"best gear ratio"

...they lead to vitalbmx and I have viewed many answers to my questions in this manner long before I became a member myself. To me Vital is a treasure trove of knowledge and entertainment (even on bad days the old troll threads can give me a laugh or two).

Many of you long time members have affected my life by solving my problems with the topics you created/discussed in the old threads. I know I'm nobody important, but you are somebody important to me. For that I am grateful and I love you all.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/4/2016 9:35 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Buzzbegone wrote:

I feel sad every time I see a comment like this, but I understand many members feel this way. I myself have not been a member ...more

^ this, though I don't know anybody so I can't spread any love ; p haha

the old threads rock. google kept bringing me back to Vital to learn like "stop asking me, just go here", so I stayed.

hey laurarghh! your name is amusing! get ready for some sore legs for the first few weeks, unless you're made of some crazy muscle. i swear i can feel the blood moving through them today >_

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/4/2016 11:14 AM

Welcome to the forum!

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

1/4/2016 11:38 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I feel sad every time I see a comment like this, but I understand many members feel this way. I myself have not been a member ...more

It's definitely not what it used to be. But your posts are actually some of my favorites of the newer guys haha I about pissed my pants reading some of them.

I sometimes look back on the old troll thread too and laugh.

Welcome OP btw

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

1/4/2016 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2016 1:07 PM

Prepare yourself...most of the dudes on here are under 17, and this might be your inbox.

Photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/4/2016 6:27 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Prepare yourself...most of the dudes on here are under 17, and this might be your inbox.

Photo

^this.

And here's some actual tips.

1.) it's just a bike.

2.) you either like it or you don't. You can't force yourself to like or dislike it. Go with your gut.

3.) respond with a FU smirk and silence everytime someone commands you to do a trick. Because your not a dog and they didn't provide a treat.

4.) fun.

|

1/4/2016 6:59 PM

Welcome to BMX.

As you're 26, you're still young and able to ride for sure. But BMX is serious stuff. One of the more hardcore aspects in the extreme sports range. It is also the most fun you're going to have in your entire life.

I recommend finding a friend who rides, if you haven't already got one. Oh and a good pump track is PERFECT for learning things. I recommend it the most out of anything. If not that, then a nice bowl can help you figure out how things work.

Make sure you wear pads and a helmet starting out, that's a must if you don't wanna get messed up. You probably have a job like most people and if you're all cut up and scraped it's not as easy to get up and work. You WILL fall. Everyone does it sometimes. It's okay to as well. Just get back up!

Just stick with it. There are plenty of chicks that ride. Some are better than others, but i have seen some girls that can race and ride box jumps better than me for the most part at my local indoor park.

Hang in there. and if you have any questions, feel free to ask on here.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/5/2016 11:30 AM

peggiesmalls wrote:

laurarghh wrote:

Where abouts in Notts you from?

mansfield

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_