Nike Shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2020 6:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 6:19 AM

I know Nike is just a huge corporation who thinks breath money but lets face this fact
Vans have poor quality in matter of comfort and security, they are affordable, but comfort plays bigger for me..

Nike seem to put so much into their shoes in matters of research and care, at least much more than vans.
as breaking my foot twice this year i decided to switch of vans to Nike, i came across this video, than looked on their official website and just thought to my self "omg they all look so much solid"

my question is, all those mid and high shoes, even low sneakers, look so good for bmx riding, soles looks massive and amazing, they all defiantly look like they can handle bmx easy, so where's the catch or there isn't any catch? ?
but as bmx riders, will they grip nicely the pedals? is the insole good nuff? if they aren't SB will they fit this sport?
this is my biggest worry because when you buy vans you can't make the mistake of buying not the Pro version, is this the same with Nike and not buying SB ones ?

the video: don't mind the prices but look how they are so massive and solid looking its crazy !

&ab_channel=Complex
|

10/18/2020 7:10 AM

The sb tag to my knowledge usually has updated technology, for example if you get a janoski. The insole has zoom in the heels...nothing vans makes will compare to zoom in terms of impact protection

But I own other sbs that have nice insoles...also a brand called state shoes have really nice insoles as well for impract protection

Vans get really poor reviews unless its the pro versions but you can get better quality shoes for much less from other companies imo

|

10/18/2020 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 7:21 AM

Vans ultracush vs nike portmoore (low end)
Photo

Nike janoksi
Photo

State shoes: these feel more rubbery with rebound than a foam insole

Photo

At the end of the day, any flat soled shoe would work for bmx and grip to pedals, the rubber compound will play a big role on grip and if they wear out quickly....also the quality of material on the upper will help determine if they will rip easily..like I've said I'd ride a saucony SD grid if the sole was flat because they look badass and have nice padding inside the shoe...but boost from adidas is the best bet for anyone needing impact protection while riding....I have a pair of puma suedes as my riding shoe which aren't even riding shoes but I trust puma quality over vans

|

10/18/2020 9:24 AM

younggotti wrote:

Photo

Nike janoksi
Photo

Photo

At the end of the day, any flat soled shoe would work for bmx and grip to pedals, the rubber compound will play a big role on grip and if they wear out quickly....also the quality of material on the upper will help determine if they will rip easily..like I've said I'd ride a saucony SD grid if the sole was flat because they look badass and have nice padding inside the shoe...but boost from adidas is the best bet for anyone needing impact protection while riding....I have a pair of puma suedes as my riding shoe which aren't even riding shoes but I trust puma quality over vans

I use Puma Rebound for flatland. Love em.

|

10/18/2020 9:29 AM

younggotti wrote:

Photo

Nike janoksi
Photo

Photo

pnfdog wrote:

Highs or lows? I've almost bought the lows a few times...for casual wearing

|

10/18/2020 11:39 AM

younggotti wrote:

Photo

Nike janoksi
Photo

Photo

pnfdog wrote:

younggotti wrote:

Hugh top

|

10/18/2020 11:42 AM

They stopped supporting BMX so I don’t really care to try them, I like my Vans.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/18/2020 11:51 AM

pnfdog wrote:

younggotti wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

Hugh top

Good to know if I grab a pair, they can double as riding shoes if need be

|

10/18/2020 11:56 AM

Nikes are for civilians and mortals...

|

10/18/2020 12:04 PM

Nike sb is legit. I really want to try the janoskis since I always get heel bruise.

Emerica g6 models are like vans pro with the thicker insole and waffle grip except they don’t cost 80 dollars. You can usually find them on sale

Also remember vans isn’t this “skater/bmx owned and ran core company” it’s just as big of a corporation as Nike that sells to non skaters and has been a department store brand for years they were pretty looked down on in skateboarding in the late 90s/early 00s.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/18/2020 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 12:09 PM

Four wrote:

Nike sb is legit. I really want to try the janoskis since I always get heel bruise.

Emerica g6 models are like vans pro with the thicker insole and waffle grip except they don’t cost 80 dollars. You can usually find them on sale

Also remember vans isn’t this “skater/bmx owned and ran core company” it’s just as big of a corporation as Nike that sells to non skaters and has been a department store brand for years they were pretty looked down on in skateboarding in the late 90s/early 00s.

I own etnies division vulc that also have a diamond pattern similar to vans...think I paid $25 for them vs whatever vans wants to charge

You can go on ebay and find zoom insoles or boost insoles if you wanted...they arent "official" but its pretty damn close

|

10/18/2020 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2020 12:22 PM

When I was a kid, we bought Vans and Airwalk because they were cheap back then. We also rocked Converse All Stars for much the same reason. Nike was expensive.

These days, I’m not a huge fan of Nike as a company, but they offer a ton of shoes for a ton of different uses, and they have something to fit most budgets.

Buy what feels good on your feet, and what fits your style/budget. Don’t get too caught up in the brand hype. I can assure you that if one of the biggest stars of BMX were to show up at your local park bustin out tricks, there wouldn’t be anyone to notice what shoes they were wearing while they did it.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

10/18/2020 12:27 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

When I was a kid, we bought Vans and Airwalk because they were cheap back then. We also rocked Converse All Stars for much the same reason. Nike was expensive.

These days, I’m not a huge fan of Nike as a company, but they offer a ton of shoes for a ton of different uses, and they have something to fit most budgets.

Buy what feels good on your feet, and what fits your style/budget. Don’t get too caught up in the brand hype. I can assure you that if one of the biggest stars of BMX were to show up at your local park bustin out tricks, there wouldn’t be anyone to notice what shoes they were wearing while they did it.

Yeah, back in the day, we wore Chuck Taylor converse, I used to put the Bones sticker (round red with white cross) over the round Converse logo on those, it fit perfectly..

|

10/18/2020 12:35 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

While I tend to agree..buy what works for you and what fits your budget

However if your budget is limited, its always good to be an educated consumer to help make a decision on what will work for you the longest before needing to be replaced and what fits your needs the most....let's be honest, we aren't all pros, our needs probably differ from the needs of what pros need

|

10/18/2020 1:29 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Yeah, back in the day, we wore Chuck Taylor converse, I used to put the Bones sticker (round red with white cross) over the round Converse logo on those, it fit perfectly..

My dude... The bones sticker on a pair of Chuck Taylor’s, and a Vision Skatewear t-shirt was where it was AT... even if your whip was a huffy.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

10/18/2020 1:48 PM

Oy

|

10/18/2020 1:56 PM

So I'm one of those people that want to support companies that Support bmx so I ride in Sneakers that Support our industry. I currently ride in Etnies Calli Cut. Nothing fancy. Very plain shoe that can fit my fat ass feet.

I will say I did by a pair of Puma Rebound high & was going to ride in those because there was a rumour that Moeller renewed the Puma deal but it wasn't true. They are nice though. Might wear them around but not to ride in.

If you want something better than vans & supports bmx there's 2 companies to try. Of course Etnies. They have kicks other than Vulcanized shoes. Cup soles are perfect for bmx. Way more comfy imo.

Also try Union Square. Jimmy Mac (owner of Bulldog Bikes) owns them. He has some dope riders on the team.

|

10/18/2020 6:24 PM

Nike SB High Dunk Pros are easily the best shoe for BMX that I've tried...

Besides a short Air Force 1 phase back in elementary school I never gave Nike the time of day. It just so happened that about 4-5yrs ago a lot of the mid/ high skate shoes that I used to wear got discontinued. Ended up giving the SB High Dunk Pros a try and couldn't believe what I was missing out on.

Unfortunately, SB High Dunk Pros are "hypebeast" af right now and the only way to get them is through raffles, local skate shop promo shit, or paying big money on the used market.

Once my current SB's are done I'm going to try to order some Fade Footwear mids/ highs to support a true BMX shoe brand, but the lack of companies in the US offering them kinda sucks.

|

10/18/2020 6:37 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Nike SB High Dunk Pros are easily the best shoe for BMX that I've tried...

Besides a short Air Force 1 phase back in elementary school I never gave Nike the time of day. It just so happened that about 4-5yrs ago a lot of the mid/ high skate shoes that I used to wear got discontinued. Ended up giving the SB High Dunk Pros a try and couldn't believe what I was missing out on.

Unfortunately, SB High Dunk Pros are "hypebeast" af right now and the only way to get them is through raffles, local skate shop promo shit, or paying big money on the used market.

Once my current SB's are done I'm going to try to order some Fade Footwear mids/ highs to support a true BMX shoe brand, but the lack of companies in the US offering them kinda sucks.

You can take the insole from the dunk and put it in a jordan 1 which is essentially the same shoe as the dunk...a little less padding in the ankle area but are also less bulky because of it

Jordan 1s are pretty hyped but the mids and non hyped colors can be found at Marshall's or Ross's for fairly cheap

|

10/18/2020 7:26 PM

I’ve ridden Walmart shoes just fine before. But that being said I’ll be buried in Vans

|

It’s all bmx

10/18/2020 8:52 PM

Vision street wears back in the day now just vans

|

10/18/2020 9:02 PM

Shaked wrote:

I know Nike is just a huge corporation who thinks breath money but lets face this fact
Vans have poor quality in matter of comfort and security, they are affordable, but comfort plays bigger for me..

Nike seem to put so much into their shoes in matters of research and care, at least much more than vans.
as breaking my foot twice this year i decided to switch of vans to Nike, i came across this video, than looked on their official website and just thought to my self "omg they all look so much solid"

my question is, all those mid and high shoes, even low sneakers, look so good for bmx riding, soles looks massive and amazing, they all defiantly look like they can handle bmx easy, so where's the catch or there isn't any catch? ?
but as bmx riders, will they grip nicely the pedals? is the insole good nuff? if they aren't SB will they fit this sport?
this is my biggest worry because when you buy vans you can't make the mistake of buying not the Pro version, is this the same with Nike and not buying SB ones ?

the video: don't mind the prices but look how they are so massive and solid looking its crazy !

&ab_channel=Complex

Alright, I took a a few minutes to try to see where you are coming from..

That video was just straight up dumb AF..

Looks like a whole wall of clown shoes..

My hatred for Nike now will never end..

Thanks for setting me STRAIGHT AF....

|

10/19/2020 12:51 AM

Get a pair of Adidas hoops mid, and you’ll never ride with anything else:

Photo

- They are well paded, like MTB shoes, unlike Vans
- They are really durable, like MTB shoes, unlike Vans
- They are fairly light and small, like Vans, unlike MTB shoes
- They are not that expensive, unlike Vans pros

The only downside I would say is that they don’t grip as well as some MTB shoes or Vans, but it still does the job.
There are good reasons why loads of park riders ride these.

|

10/19/2020 3:41 AM

Vans grip well for me. Adidas feel good but slip off the pedals too easily. Vans have great traction

|

10/19/2020 4:17 AM

Fatalize wrote:

Photo

The only downside I would say is that they don’t grip as well as some MTB shoes or Vans, but it still does the job.

looking good for sure..
do you know the size compared to vans? i never had adidas

|

10/19/2020 5:42 AM

Fatalize wrote:

Photo

Shaked wrote:

looking good for sure..
do you know the size compared to vans? i never had adidas

from my experience adidas and vans both run big....i usually go down a full size on both, so if you have vans and thinking about adidas, probably go with the same size you do with your vans

|

10/19/2020 9:13 AM

Just grabbed these from sheikh at 70% off for $12...nice thick herringbone traction...not the greatest quality leather but anyone who is looking for cheap shoes from a good company

Photo

Photo

|

10/19/2020 11:12 AM

younggotti wrote:

Just grabbed these from sheikh at 70% off for $12...nice thick herringbone traction...not the greatest quality leather but anyone who is looking for cheap shoes from a good company

Photo

Photo

they look just like vans, very minimal.

so take a look on nike website they have models (even non sb) there just look so solid for bmx riding
i really think nike is better brand of shoes to go with

|

10/19/2020 11:19 AM

younggotti wrote:

Photo

Photo

Shaked wrote:

they look just like vans, very minimal.

so take a look on nike website they have models (even non sb) there just look so solid for bmx riding
i really think nike is better brand of shoes to go with

I own like 5 or 6 pairs of sb's..I like wearing janoskis in the summer when I need to look presentable instead of goofy boat shoes or whatever

You won't find vans for $12, and these are leather which id hope most ppl would prefer to ride in over canvas

|