No hate but this is how to spell these words

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2017 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2017 7:06 AM

Pedals not peddles
Brakes not breaks

These are the two bike related words I see most.

Again, there is absolutely no hate intended here. I am not calling anyone out, this is purely educational.

Are there any other words/terms used incorrectly I am missing?

Im sure I have used some improperly.

At the end of the day as long as the point gets across its not a big deal to spell something wrong or use a term incorrectly but words mean a lot to some people.

|

11/18/2017 7:14 PM

Yes I agree with you... no hate on these people at all... I also hate it when people are selling a wheel and there like, "how much for the rim?" And then the guy with the wheel is like, "sorry bud I'm selling the whole wheel I'm not parting it out.." and then the guy who wants to buy the wheel is like, "yeah that's what I meant" It's sad and I see it all the time and it's actually pretty funny though

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/18/2017 8:37 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yes I agree with you... no hate on these people at all... I also hate it when people are selling a wheel and there like, "how much for the rim?" And then the guy with the wheel is like, "sorry bud I'm selling the whole wheel I'm not parting it out.." and then the guy who wants to buy the wheel is like, "yeah that's what I meant" It's sad and I see it all the time and it's actually pretty funny though

You do understand, you are one of "those" people?

|

11/18/2017 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2017 10:27 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pedals not peddles
Brakes not breaks

Again, there is absolutely no hate intended here. I am not calling anyone out, this is purely educational.

At the end of the day as long as the point gets across its not a big deal to spell something wrong or use a term incorrectly but words mean a lot to some people.

Not really going to touch this. Tho I have to in some way.

You are asking those in the thread "if" there is, any other words/terms used incorrectly that you lost. Do you understand that?
That sentence of yours translates to French as.
There are no other words/terms used incorrectly, I'm missing?

-----------------------

The below is just plain being lazy. could not find a better word? did not, want to write a better sentance, there for just "throw" a but in there.

Funny part about it, purely educational?
"Grammer" is/was technicaly something made up so the French could translate English. French words can be/have feminine and masculine meaning. Some times there are other things to worry about then a misspelt word.

|

11/18/2017 11:18 PM

You can translate any language to another and it won't make sense. That's just how language works. Having a Czech wife has taught me that.

If you're going to call someone else out on their grammar, you could at least check your own spelling.

Damn millennials.

|

11/18/2017 11:54 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can translate any language to another and it won't make sense. That's just how language works. Having a Czech wife has taught me that.

If you're going to call someone else out on their grammar, you could at least check your own spelling.

Damn millennials.

Lid trying to come off the can of warms?

How many people on here do you think are millennials who think they are GenX?

My personal opinion is, the overlap is around 1978-1982.

|

11/19/2017 2:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Damn millennials.

Wayne S wrote:

Millennium baby here

|

Hmmm

11/19/2017 6:29 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

How so? Becasue I'm actually not I make sure I know my grammer because I'm not some little kid... So tell me how am I one of "those" people?

|

11/19/2017 6:35 AM

Or do you mean in my bike check where the guy said, "great choice on rims by the way." And I responded, "Thanks! I really like these rims alot!" So if that's the case and you're trying to call me out on that, check yourself before you call other pepole out, ok?

|

11/19/2017 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2017 7:08 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Pedals not peddles
Brakes not breaks

Wayne S wrote:

You are asking those in the thread "if" there is, any other words/terms used incorrectly that you lost. Do you understand that?

-----------------------

The below is just plain being lazy. could not find a better word? did not, want to write a better sentance, there for just "throw" a but in there.

"Grammer" is/was technicaly something made up so the French could translate English. French words can be/have feminine and masculine meaning. Some times there are other things to worry about then a misspelt word.

Thank you for the educate!

|

11/19/2017 7:31 AM

I made the "breaks" mistake yesterday and felt pretty bad about it

|

11/19/2017 7:55 AM

People calling rims, "hoops "....

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/19/2017 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2017 10:31 AM

Wayne S wrote:

-----------------------

Please, if you're going to correct someone, be sure to read what you write, at least twice and to make it as simple and clear as possible.

"Tho" -> Though
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
""....if" there is, any other words/terms...."
                    ^
    This should be "are".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"could not find a better word?"
 ^
This should be capitalised.
"did not, want to write a better sentance, there for just "throw" a but in there."
                                                       ^
                                     This should be "sentence".
Also, the above is nearly incomprehensible because it's so highly fragmented. Perhaps this was a "brain-fart"?
"Grammer" -> Grammar
"technicaly" -> technically
"Some times" - Why is this separated? "Sometimes", as a single word is perfectly adequate.
"to worry about then a misspelt word"
                            ^
           This should be "than".

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/19/2017 10:49 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Or do you mean in my bike check where the guy said, "great choice on rims by the way." And I responded, "Thanks! I really like these rims alot!" So if that's the case and you're trying to call me out on that, check yourself before you call other pepole out, ok?

Your use of filler words," Like".
Using "Because" twice for no reason. Starting a sentence with the word "And".

Find the humor in it?

|

11/19/2017 10:59 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Your use of filler words," Like".
Using "Because" twice for no reason. Starting a sentence with the word "And".

Find the humor in it?

So you can still start a sentance with and, it's something you would learn in 6th grade bro... just don't be bashing people bro.. I haven't typed anything incorrectly grammar wise... so back off dude stop being a keyboard warrior attacking people bro... if you go through all my replies on this site you will see that I am extremely nice to people so I don't want to hate on people that I don't know in person...

|

11/19/2017 11:22 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Damn millennials.

Wayne S wrote:

"warms"?

Your personal opinion of what makes a millennial is just that. A personal opinion.
I was born in 81, there weren't computers in every household. Most households only had one TV. The Internet wasn't a thing. And mobile phones weren't commonplace until I was an adult. I have common sense and work ethic. And I do things for myself, by myself. However, if you think that makes me a millennial, you carry on big guy.

|

11/19/2017 11:29 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Please, if you're going to correct someone, be sure to read what you write, at least twice and to make it as simple and clear as possible.

"Tho" -> Though
                    ^
    This should be "are".
 ^
"did not, want to write a better sentance, there for just "throw" a but in there."
                                                       ^
Also, the above is nearly incomprehensible because it's so highly fragmented. Perhaps this was a "brain-fart"?
"Grammer" -> Grammar
"Some times" - Why is this separated? "Sometimes", as a single word is perfectly adequate.
                            ^
           This should be "than".

Irony, yes?

Think, Sometimes was changed to "Some times" around the 4th or 5th reading if I recall right. Was around the time I chose the English spelling of misspelt in place of misspelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

P1, Understand that sentance was person to person.

|

11/19/2017 11:53 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

So you can still start a sentance with and, it's something you would learn in 6th grade bro... just don't be bashing people bro.. I haven't typed anything incorrectly grammar wise... so back off dude stop being a keyboard warrior attacking people bro... if you go through all my replies on this site you will see that I am extremely nice to people so I don't want to hate on people that I don't know in person...

CRF keep in mind I am not attacking you. Heck, I hate using words like "You" "Your" Etc. it is like pointing a finger at someone.
That is exactly what it feels like correct?

If one stands in a glass house with a rock in their hand. The person who brings it to their attention, that they are in fact standing in a glass house with a rock in their hand is a bad guy?

|

11/19/2017 11:56 AM

Wayne S wrote:

-----------------------

p1p1092 wrote:

"Tho" -> Though
                    ^
    This should be "are".
 ^
                                                       ^
"Grammer" -> Grammar
                            ^
           This should be "than".

Wayne S wrote:

Irony, yes?

Think, Sometimes was changed to "Some times" around the 4th or 5th reading if I recall right. Was around the time I chose the English spelling of misspelt in place of misspelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^

Again, you have improperly used grammar, and you have spelling mistakes. In a forum where people generally use day to day language instead of treating it like an English exam. Then you come along and try to pick holes in other people's sentences, while making plenty of mistakes yourself.

Lel.

I'm pretty sure the entire reason for this thread was merely to educate people on a few words that are commonly misspelled. Not to bash people for having less than perfect sentence structures. I think it's about time you dismounted that rather tall horse you're sitting on.

|

11/19/2017 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2017 2:16 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Again, you have improperly used grammar, and you have spelling mistakes. In a forum where people generally use day to day language instead of treating it like an English exam. Then you come along and try to pick holes in other people's sentences, while making plenty of mistakes yourself.

Lel.

I'm pretty sure the entire reason for this thread was merely to educate people on a few words that are commonly misspelled. Not to bash people for having less than perfect sentence structures. I think it's about time you dismounted that rather tall horse you're sitting on.

I like to keep the horse hight under 15 hands.

Edit: Did you choose GBR personally for your Location? I thought the politically correct term these days was UK.
Has it come full circle, or is the political correctness still a big issue to the majority of the population?
|

11/19/2017 1:10 PM

Wayne S wrote:

Irony, yes?

^

grumpySteve wrote:

Lel.

Wayne S wrote:

Edit: Did you choose GBR personally for your Location? I thought the politically correct term these days was UK.
Has it come full circle, or is the political correctness still a big issue to the majority of the population?

It just says gbr

|

Hmmm

11/19/2017 1:32 PM

Edman123 wrote:

It just says gbr

If I understand correctly. Clicking on United Kingdom for the profile country sets the location to GBR.

If that is correct, that is messed up.

|

11/19/2017 2:15 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

"warms"?

Your personal opinion of what makes a millennial is just that. A personal opinion.
I was born in 81, there weren't computers in every household. Most households only had one TV. The Internet wasn't a thing. And mobile phones weren't commonplace until I was an adult. I have common sense and work ethic. And I do things for myself, by myself. However, if you think that makes me a millennial, you carry on big guy.

Sorry for overlooking this Grump, I did not notice this till now.
I would say you are in the middle of both generations.

Keep in mind I wrote the overlap being 1978-1982. Talking with my wife and others our age, they feel it is closer to 76-82, not 78-82.

One of the key factors that made Generation Xers who they are is living in the end of the cold war. You are too young to really understand what that fear was like "which is a good thing for you".

|

11/19/2017 3:24 PM

|

11/19/2017 3:38 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

How so? Becasue I'm actually not I make sure I know my grammer because I'm not some little kid... So tell me how am I one of "those" people?

Just an fyi... It's "grammar".

|

11/19/2017 4:11 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Haha lol I remember this from a thread a super long time ago lol

|

11/19/2017 8:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2017 8:15 PM

Damn...I started WW3

My apologies.

|

11/19/2017 10:36 PM

Wayne S wrote:

Irony, yes?

^

grumpySteve wrote:

Lel.

Wayne S wrote:

*height.

Seriously, stop. There's at least one spelling or grammar mistake in every post of yours on this thread.

UK and GBR are both still commonly used. They're the same thing really, a collection of countries on/near a small island. If anything was to change, we should drop the "Great", and the "United". Personally, I don't really care as long as overseas orders get to me.

|

11/20/2017 4:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2017 4:49 AM

Wayne S wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

"warms"?

Wayne S wrote:

Sorry for overlooking this Grump, I did not notice this till now.
I would say you are in the middle of both generations.

Keep in mind I wrote the overlap being 1978-1982. Talking with my wife and others our age, they feel it is closer to 76-82, not 78-82.

One of the key factors that made Generation Xers who they are is living in the end of the cold war. You are too young to really understand what that fear was like "which is a good thing for you".

As for this.... not blaming anyone here for what they are saying, simply talking about this "theory", in general.

C'mon!!! 1st, we need to recognize what a "generation" is. & it is NOT the span of 4-6 years! When people say "that's from my generation" etc.... it's from a group of people that all identify with a way of life. The "next generation" is a group that really can't identify with the things the previous generation can. Just like Millennial's can't fathom a world without constant connection via cell phones, social media, etc... Generation X cannot envision what it was like before everyone had color TV (&more than one as a standard), microwaves, & FM radio...etc..; If you were born in the late 70's/early 80's, you are Gen X. If you were born to Gen X parents (or could have been), you are the next generation, whatever it is.

|

11/20/2017 5:14 AM

so I was born in 69...what generation am I? I call myself part of "The Atari Generation" because I know what it was like before video games existed....or I also remember being completely blown away by the idea of video games...or more than 1 kind appliance in a house. I was "pre-cable tv"

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence