No spots

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2017 6:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2017 6:51 PM

I live in a rural area, and I have to drive around 20 minutes to any spots or parks. I am 13 so it's hard to get rides as my parents barely drive me and won't let me go in cars with older friends, and I could only ride to a spot that's like 7 miles away; and I would need to ride on a really busy road and unfortunately am not allowed. What should I do?

|

3/28/2017 6:52 PM

Build dirt jumps dude!!

|

3/28/2017 6:53 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Build dirt jumps dude!!

I would but I only really like the aspect of street, and I made a skate box but I still like pure street so much more

|

3/28/2017 7:09 PM

bmx is about riding everything and anything and having the time of your life. I've been riding 20+ years and grew up riding dirt and still do! You're 13 man, build some jumps and trust me you'll love the shit out of it

|

3/28/2017 7:32 PM

Dirt jumps are by far the most fun thing to ride. You'll learn more bike control on dirt than just about anywhere else and develop a bit of 'style' which is great when you go to ride street or park. If you can't go to a park or street spot, build one. That's the best thing about dirt or anything DIY, you'll get out of it what you put in and rather than waiting to come across your perfect spot, you can build it.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/28/2017 9:28 PM

Build a topless loop out of pallets

|

3/28/2017 10:17 PM

its not like having spots in your immediate area guarentees that you get to ride it whenever you want. I have a perfect 4-up-4-down stair set/ledge spot as well as a loading dock, but I cant ride that area except at the ridiculously early hours(1-5am) since its at a tesco and the spots are near the managers office.

|

3/29/2017 11:18 AM

The great thing about riding bikes is, you can do it anywhere, on anything pretty much. Use you imagination. Be creative. Be glad you didn't decide to become a skater.

|

3/29/2017 11:53 AM

Build trails

|

It’s all bmx

3/29/2017 2:53 PM

build some weird shit. i remember seeing a video dig posted where this dude literally just built a bunch of ramps and ledges and plopped em right in the grass in his backyard and then shredded them

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/29/2017 3:12 PM

I did too, at your age. Built a quarter, built trails, rails and boxes. It was awesome. That was back in the day when people actually rode all aspects of BMX. Now it is foot tall ledges only.

You say you love "true street", well build things that resemble "true street".\

Or built a bunch of stuff and try it all and make things portable so you can move them around and make weirder stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2017 12:22 PM

I know how it feels to have no local spots or a some ramps taken down, but the best thing to do, like what others have said is to build some dirt jumps or a mini quarter out of dirt or wood

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel

3/30/2017 7:57 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Build dirt jumps dude!!

moistureized wrote:

I would but I only really like the aspect of street, and I made a skate box but I still like pure street so much more

well...you are either going to be picky and not get to ride very much, or build your own stuff and get to ride.

I would KILL for the open space of a rural area to build my own stuff and ride. I live in a city within 5 miles of 3 different parks and other areas to ride, and would much rather I had my own space to ride without scooter kids and skateboard douches clogging the lines...a place where the bathroom is only feet away, and also the fridge

as many have said, be creative; enlist your parents in helping you to build some ramps etc....this might also help them see how much you are into this activity, and build some bonding time

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/31/2017 5:17 AM

That's the reason why is BMX so magical.. you can ride everywhere and whatever you want.
You can build dirt jump, it's not that hard, you only need shovel, broom, loam and some spots to build up.

|

Land it or go home

3/31/2017 6:51 AM

Trail riders are fucking badass imo, I would build jumps and just have fun that way. And once you get to start expanding your horizon youll already be sick at riding

|

4/1/2017 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 9:47 AM

Yeah well you could always try vigilante concrete but at the expense of heartbreak when Caltrans decides to demolish it because theyd rather have crackheads and heroin dealers under a bridge.

RIP FDR skatepark.

Edit: OK damn that got me on April Fools lol. Damn homie in Philly fuckin sends me some pictures of A different skatepark being demolished.

Edit: *forgot to put the damn edit initially

|

4/2/2017 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2017 7:34 PM

Built shitty stuff like this out of easily disposable stuff and dirt if you're only 13 you probably suck still and this stuff is fun to me and I'm like intermediate at least
|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/3/2017 6:00 AM

Spenlard wrote:

Built shitty stuff like this out of easily disposable stuff and dirt if you're only 13 you probably suck still and this stuff is fun to me and I'm like intermediate at least

wow...totally reminds me of how we used to ride way back when. You just found stuff and made it happen. Didn't even really need hammer and nails, you just piled stuff up. Didn't think about how you can learn and apply some of the basic skill sets in this situation...like riding up the board, tapping the chair, and then fakie back down....tons of basic skill stuff in that line alone

hell, we learned tons of stuff just hitting the edge of our driveway apron and launching over things.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/3/2017 4:32 PM

Straight up-right now I live about 5 miles from a 17k square foot park that is FREE (but technically no bikes allowed) and I choose to ride a couple rails in the street in front of my house.

I am putting a pump track in out back in a few weeks too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura