No tricks...?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2016 5:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2016 5:23 AM

Does anybody else on here just ride, no tricks?

|

9/26/2016 5:34 AM

I normally just ride around my town playing Pokemon Go, haha. I mean I do some curb hops and ramp little stuff here and there, but most of the time I just cruise around. The local skatepark usually gets overran by skaters, but that's only when it's not raining all over the slick concrete.

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/26/2016 5:38 AM

I don't do many. But it depends what you consider a trick. Hopping up a curb, or a little manual is still a trick. I mostly just do manuals, wall rides and pedal slides, or variations and lines including them. The only time I take my foot off a pedal is for footjams and shoefanus, and the only time I take my hands off my bars is to drink coffee (and the occasional toboggan)

|

9/26/2016 5:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't do many. But it depends what you consider a trick. Hopping up a curb, or a little manual is still a trick. I mostly ...more

Love the drinking coffee part xD

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/26/2016 11:03 AM

Depends on the day and how I'm feeling. Sometimes it's throw down tricks, other days it's cruise around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/26/2016 12:29 PM

I wish i could do tricks but mostly i just ride and imagine i do tricks

|

9/26/2016 12:39 PM

theraggyone wrote:

Sane bro. Lmao

|

9/26/2016 5:27 PM

theraggyone wrote:

I'm learning a few tricks but that's mostly me too.... LOL

|

9/26/2016 6:45 PM

For me, the tricks are coming back. I never did the X-games type stuff when I was young cause...well...we didn't have that. When riding a path, or commuting, I will practice hops and manuals. At the park, the main 3 I am working on are fakies, 180's, and jumping out of pipes, as well as more hop skills and manuals.

My main goal for this year is to get my height, balance, technique and style down on the tricks listed above. This will allow me to run some more fun lines at the park, and maybe even on the commute. Right now I don't see tailwhips, flares, toboggans etc in my future....but that might change.

But I am just happy to cruise the neighborhood with the fam as I am to be at the park. Any riding time can be used to improve skills...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/26/2016 7:00 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

For me, the tricks are coming back. I never did the X-games type stuff when I was young cause...well...we didn't have that. ...more

DMC is like 48 and hammering out flairs and the occasional 900, you got this!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/27/2016 4:15 AM

theraggyone wrote:

this lol i just see spots and imagine what tricks can be done on them as i ride by

|

9/27/2016 8:35 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

For me, the tricks are coming back. I never did the X-games type stuff when I was young cause...well...we didn't have that. ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

DMC is like 48 and hammering out flairs and the occasional 900, you got this!

hell yeah! thanx for the props...

I also remember saying that I would never be a teacher when I was younger....and that has been my career for 25+ years, so.....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

9/27/2016 8:55 AM

depends what im feeling. But all I do is 180 off the highest thing i can find so really at max i just do the one trick...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

9/27/2016 1:00 PM

theraggyone wrote:

Rust wrote:

this lol i just see spots and imagine what tricks can be done on them as i ride by

Same, lol. Haha!!!

|

9/27/2016 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2016 1:45 PM

Sometimes when I cruising around the town or when I'm on way to the school I just do a manual because that's everything what I can do.

|

Land it or go home

9/28/2016 9:13 AM

yeah. I will always practice manuals and hops even just when riding the paved trails with the fam, or the neighborhoods. I also tend to run up and jump driveway aprons if the landing area is clean. It drives my fiance nuts cause she is always worried about me falling. It is sort of funny to here her gasp...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

9/28/2016 11:11 AM

Sessioned this morning, my elbow was nice enough to not be too bad. Got a few clips and screengrabs of the moves I was able to crank out. Rode better than I thought so I called the session to an end before I got hurt.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/28/2016 12:46 PM

Photo
Here's one of the best tables I have been able to hammer out.

Photo
Here's a toboggan that I did this morning.

YAY ELBOW ISSUES SUBSIDING FOR A BIT!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/28/2016 6:33 PM

dave lawrence wrote: Photo

Photo

YAY ELBOW ISSUES ...more

Smart to quit while ahead laughing
Damn, I've never been that far off the earth. Nice work!

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/29/2016 6:01 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Photo

Photo

YAY ELBOW ISSUES ...more

This is sick! Is that your local park? I'm jealous that looks so fun

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/30/2016 2:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2016 2:18 AM

I love just airing things, not many "trick" tricks. I'm always asked if I can whip or bar since I run a gyro and everyone here in Hawai'i rides street, hehe.

But I can't. sad

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/30/2016 3:48 AM

It depends really. Now I'm rather low on the whole tricks thing (just scared as hell, lol).

But when I'm on the farm, tricks for sure on flat ground, and just flow on the jumps (but the're gettin' destroyed by the rain now, waaaaa).

In town, if I'm with a gal it's for cruizing all the way. If it's by myself, I'll cruise between spots and do mild tricks while I'm on them.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

9/30/2016 5:01 AM

#tricklessrevolution!

Skylight, this is the beginning of digging season! Embrace it! Next spring your trails will be even more awesome!

|

9/30/2016 6:24 AM

Maann, you've got me so darned itchin' to go dig right now in the middle of the night!

This truly is the beginning of the digging season for me-the rainy season here as they call it in Laos is starting to give it's last monsoons. The dirt is SO soft you can forget the shovel and dig with your bare hands.

The reason I'm hesitative is that next year I'm moving out of here, possibly to France, Prescott (AZ), or Moscow. So I dont really want to put that much energy into my jumps that I know I'll leave soon. But i cant stop my mind adding so many new features to the jump line.

Another point is that the wood I used to build their foundation has been eaten through by the bloody termites, so i've got to basically start from scratch again.

We'll see.

But you got me badly tempted there.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

9/30/2016 12:40 PM

NotoriousBKN wrote:

This is sick! Is that your local park? I'm jealous that looks so fun

Yea it is my local. 17K foot plaza which has that hip and 3 quarters, the rest is ledges and wedges.

I actually intended to just manual around and then hopped the hip a few times and boosted a decent toboggan and went from there.

Even stomped a few 540 tire taps and some other stuff. Cassettes are fun! Took the pegs off due to no hubguard for the cassette. Good times!

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2016 1:05 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Yea it is my local. 17K foot plaza which has that hip and 3 quarters, the rest is ledges and wedges.

I actually intended to ...more

Brick hips like that are decent. Would love to find one out in the wild one day.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx