NoWear candy bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 12:11 AM

thoughts on these bars? Kinda crazy looking but they are made for street and flatland?
10 degree backsweep
2 degree upsweep
8.5 rise
28" widePhoto

|

brakeless maniac

1/2/2014 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2014 6:02 PM

|

1/2/2014 1:14 AM

they look good for doin candybars

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

1/2/2014 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 7:41 AM

i kinda want to get a set i probably will lol danscomp has them

|

brakeless maniac

1/2/2014 7:56 AM

They don't look as good as the old Redline V-bars.

|

1/2/2014 9:03 AM

Remind me of old Dyno bars haha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/2/2014 9:05 AM

the only thing i like is the name. very clever. needs more colors to match though

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/16/2014 8:37 PM

We built these to be tough street bars with a large clearance for Candybar variations. Super fun to ride with and have been getting great feedback so far. Lots of old V bar bar designs have a higher cross bar, we wanted to go as low with the bar as possible and still utilize great strength. I love BMX and wanted to do something a little different smile After multiple knee surgeries I found myself not being able to throw the leg over the cross bar as easily anymore, these have really made the difference for me.

For anyone who doesn't know us yet or the Nowear company, we are based Nebraska on a 6 acre farm about 25 minutes off the i-80 interstate. We are dedicating our land to outdoor and indoor ramps, dirt jumps etc. We welcome BMXers from all over to hit us up if you need a place to crash while on the road and wanna ride. We love BMX and just wanna spread that love here in the midwest. nowearbmx.com also like us on Facebook. Be sure to check out our BYOB contest series this year and our epic Cornhuckit jam. https://www.facebook.com/events/243275265834492/?ref=br_tf https://www.facebook.com/events/553938891359424/

|

1/17/2014 7:17 AM

Karl_Hinkley wrote:

We built these to be tough street bars with a large clearance for Candybar variations. Super fun to ride with and have been getting great feedback so far. Lots of old V bar bar designs have a higher cross bar, we wanted to go as low with the bar as possible and still utilize great strength. I love BMX and wanted to do something a little different smile After multiple knee surgeries I found myself not being able to throw the leg over the cross bar as easily anymore, these have really made the difference for me.

For anyone who doesn't know us yet or the Nowear company, we are based Nebraska on a 6 acre farm about 25 minutes off the i-80 interstate. We are dedicating our land to outdoor and indoor ramps, dirt jumps etc. We welcome BMXers from all over to hit us up if you need a place to crash while on the road and wanna ride. We love BMX and just wanna spread that love here in the midwest. nowearbmx.com also like us on Facebook. Be sure to check out our BYOB contest series this year and our epic Cornhuckit jam. https://www.facebook.com/events/243275265834492/?ref=br_tf https://www.facebook.com/events/553938891359424/

thats sweet! i might have to get some of these bars

|

brakeless maniac

1/17/2014 11:33 AM

If they had less back sweep I'd get a set

|

fack off

1/17/2014 6:52 PM

I kinda dig em

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/17/2014 7:00 PM

I want a pair for the fun of em. Haha theyd be pretty interesting. Maybe i will get some!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/17/2014 7:02 PM

Saw these, went out side and did what I think was a trick. Basically a footjam with one foot over bars completely. Is that a trick?

|

1/17/2014 9:25 PM

Make a promo and i'd definately consider them. The bent crossbar sketches me out strength wise but the looks are to die for.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/17/2014 10:57 PM

Finally something different. It's like a throwback to the early 90s but still dig it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/17/2014 11:24 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Saw these, went out side and did what I think was a trick. Basically a footjam with one foot over bars completely. Is that a trick?

Candy Bar Vaders/ Candy Bar Bunsen Burners. Ben Hucke does them.

|

1/18/2014 6:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2014 6:27 AM

Brayden, we used a thicker metal for the crossbar to add strength. The bars a bit heavier that way but they really have been putting up with good abuse. I have been running mine now for several months and am extremely pleased. I had to toss my bike off my wallride recently from about a 7 foot drop and it landed awkwardly on the bars and they pasted the test. Also where the cross bar meets due to the angle ends up having a larger welded area thus stronger again. I should mention these are being made by Standard Bykes which is a huge plus. Our first set did so well we have ordered a full new batch and are also offering 9" this run. Should be available mid April with some really cool new color schemes. Here's a pic of what they look like on my new Standard. I have a new edit dropping in a couple months which will show the bars in action and how much fun they can be. Also included a pic of Madera rider James Carter who really dug them and picked a set up for his street bike while at Grands. Love all the input eveyone, feel to message me with any other thoughts or ideas. nowearera@gmail.com
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/18/2014 6:17 AM

Made by Standard is good enough for me.

|

1/18/2014 6:30 AM

Don't like these at all...id go as far to say that I hate the look of them actually.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/18/2014 7:59 AM

Karl_Hinkley wrote:

Brayden, we used a thicker metal for the crossbar to add strength. The bars a bit heavier that way but they really have been putting up with good abuse. I have been running mine now for several months and am extremely pleased. I had to toss my bike off my wallride recently from about a 7 foot drop and it landed awkwardly on the bars and they pasted the test. Also where the cross bar meets due to the angle ends up having a larger welded area thus stronger again. I should mention these are being made by Standard Bykes which is a huge plus. Our first set did so well we have ordered a full new batch and are also offering 9" this run. Should be available mid April with some really cool new color schemes. Here's a pic of what they look like on my new Standard. I have a new edit dropping in a couple months which will show the bars in action and how much fun they can be. Also included a pic of Madera rider James Carter who really dug them and picked a set up for his street bike while at Grands. Love all the input eveyone, feel to message me with any other thoughts or ideas. nowearera@gmail.com
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Can we get some more upsweep on these? I like em. If they came with 4-5 up id probably try a pair in the future. Is this the first part yall have put on the market?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/18/2014 8:46 AM

Thanks so much for the interest Tim. Yes this is our first hardpart. We are mainly a clothing company that is focusing on growing BMX in the midwest. If the bars continue to do well I would be happy to explore some other angles, for now we went with the same sweeps that Standard uses on their classic 2 piece bars. Myself I use to run more of an up sweep, I ran a certain era of GT 4 piece bars from the 90's and didn't wanna switch. When I decided I wanted to make my bike more American and rock more Standard Byke parts I made the switch to their street bar. It was different but didn't take long for me to fall in love with the dimensions. For the first part of this year most of our funds will go towards running our first contest series called the BYOB "Bring Your Own Bike" After that I would love to dive in more looking into other options on the bars if our demand is high enough. Thanks again Tim we love constructive feedback. BMX for Life!

|

1/18/2014 8:58 AM

Karl_Hinkley wrote:

Thanks so much for the interest Tim. Yes this is our first hardpart. We are mainly a clothing company that is focusing on growing BMX in the midwest. If the bars continue to do well I would be happy to explore some other angles, for now we went with the same sweeps that Standard uses on their classic 2 piece bars. Myself I use to run more of an up sweep, I ran a certain era of GT 4 piece bars from the 90's and didn't wanna switch. When I decided I wanted to make my bike more American and rock more Standard Byke parts I made the switch to their street bar. It was different but didn't take long for me to fall in love with the dimensions. For the first part of this year most of our funds will go towards running our first contest series called the BYOB "Bring Your Own Bike" After that I would love to dive in more looking into other options on the bars if our demand is high enough. Thanks again Tim we love constructive feedback. BMX for Life!

Goodluck with growing your company then! I definitely thought it was awkward to see a hard part from yall.

And about your GT bars, idk if theyre the ones youre talking about but Animal has a set of bars on the market (Animal Scerbos / Big Fours) which are designed exactly like the old GT 4pcs.

Also, will there be any other hard parts dropping from yall? One thing thats really missing in the market right now is a heat treated super tech frame (75.5 hta, 13"-13.3" cs, etc.) Right now theres only a few frames with geometries similar to this and none (I believe) of them are heat treated. I bet if you dropped something similar with PWHT on it alot of us techy fellows would hop on it in a heart beat.

I also have a few really decent ideas for frames and just parts in general if you would like to discuss with me id love to pitch you my ideas. Im friends with you on Facebook so I can shoot you a message if youd like.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/18/2014 10:11 AM

This company could take off. Making unique stuff that no one in the bike industry would touch with a ten foot pole. Mid 80's gt frame style, these bars, front and rear brakes.

|

1/18/2014 10:30 AM

Make 2 or 3 different frames. No more, no less. Just make a techy street frame (75.5 headtube, 13 backend, heat treated, etc.) A more relaxed street/ all around frame, fully heat treated, 13 inch backend, 75 headtube, etc. and a Trailsy frame with a 13.5 backend, 74.5 headtube, higher standover. If you do that, and listen to people on here, I PROMISE that this company will do very well selling parts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/18/2014 4:57 PM

think ill pick a raw pair up so i can paint them to my liking!

|

brakeless maniac

1/18/2014 5:07 PM

I feel like these would look better as four peice bars, it would add alittle more of a unique look and give them a smaller center box section (really the only thing i dont like about them is the center box) just a thought though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/18/2014 5:29 PM

they would be sick in a 4 pc design! think ima get a set of these for my midschool 2-hip pork build.

|

brakeless maniac

1/18/2014 9:38 PM

The bars sound great now that I got some feeback ! Much appreciated ! The extra stength sounds amazing. I love having a different bike then other people. Since I'm getting a freecoaster , I might mess with flat tricks so having bars like this might be handy !!

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short