Noises in unselaed bottom bracket

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 4:23 PM

Will a unsealed bottom bracket make noises over time and is this okay?

|

6/5/2018 5:15 PM

Needs more WD-40 and sand

|

Hmmm

6/5/2018 5:16 PM

Lol but for real?

|

6/5/2018 5:18 PM

Yh

|

Hmmm

6/5/2018 5:19 PM

It’s just like a clanking house every once and a while

|

6/5/2018 5:55 PM

The problem with unsealed bottom brackets is the cups. They flatten out at the bottom due to the forces put on them from landing with force. And then the cages fall to bits and the bearings go everywhere.

I still have 'Nam flashbacks about them.

|

6/6/2018 10:38 AM

The bearings just might need grease, or if they are bad you can buy unsealed bearings for pretty cheap unless you want to upgrade to sealed bearings and or different cranks. What kind of bike is it?

|

6/6/2018 1:41 PM

The Problem is they're Unsealed bearings. . .the flashbacks are real, my second BMX was off Craigslist and had an unsealed bottom bracket and of course they exploded, my LBS(PusherBMX at the time) reassembled the bearings and that exploded first hour I went to ride. People don't believe me when I told them I learned how to hop on a Bike that didn't have a bottom bracket, Some way, some how I rode around leaning away from my RHD sprocket when pedaling and the way the wheel was jammed kept the chain in line. Very weird to look back on. Please invest in yourself by investing in a frame that takes the sealed cartridges.

|