Noob Question: Bar Height? 8.75” vs. 9”... does this affect bunny hops? 4pc vs. 2pc..how does my upgrades sound in the details.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2019 6:43 AM

Here are probably some vital details of me and the current bike I ride.

My vitals:
Height: 5’2
Weight: 160lbs
I resistance train and lift ton of weight so I’ve got some muscle mass on me which makes me feel that it is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. I feel I have too much weight over the bars for some reason.

My BMX Bike Check:
Frame: 20.4 Jet Fuel Hyper Wizard
Wheels: Part of a complete Kink Liberty 2020
Rims: Double Wall Mission Mylar
Seat and Seat Post: Kink Brand from the Kink Liberty 2020 Complete.
Bars: 9 inch bars 4 pc. Kink Eagle Cut
^WANT TO UPGRADE TO 8.75” 2PC Bars SNAFU JACKSON BARS

Forks: Kink Trident
^UPGRADING TO A SNAFU MAGICAL FORK 30MM OFFSET

Stem: 52 mm top load Profile Racing Stem
^UPGRADING TO A SNAFU 52 mm top load stem

Cranks: 8 Spline Spindle 4 pc cranks
^UPGRADING TO SNAFU MAYWEATHER 48 SPLINE

Sprocket: CULT chain guard 28 tooth

Does a 8.75” or will it make a difference in increasing bunny hops (for getting onto rails or ledges for grinding purposes)....does a 4 pc or 2 pc bar make a difference and how does my upgrade sound?

|

7/8/2019 6:45 AM

|

7/8/2019 7:30 AM

Bar height will adjust your over all ability to pull up the bike, however bunny hopping is all in timing and technique. Scerbo ran 7.8s and had a crazy hop.

Certain things like up/backsweep will make the motion feel a little more fluid, or ease the tension on your wrists.

This part is all opinion:

4/2 piece is all personal preference, I feel 4 piece look a little more 'raw' and 'street'. but thats a total opinion. If you're going with a big inner box, 2piece look better. 4 piece really only look nice when they're smaller.

|

7/8/2019 8:00 AM

I can’t really see how a snafu stem is an upgrade from profile...... in fact, non of those are upgrades really. Apart from the cranks.

You’re short as hell, you don’t need 9” bars. Obviously it’s personal preference, but everyone is rushing out to get tall bars. But it doesn’t really help. No one hops like Edwin now.

|

7/8/2019 8:07 AM

Its all personal preference. If i was 5'2" id probably prefer lower than 9" bars with a top load. 8.75 with a front load seems more reasonable to me.

Personally, I feel I can hop higher with lower bars but I feel like I can hop quicker and more precisely with taller bars.

|

7/8/2019 9:01 AM

That was more of my question is can I hop higher with the lower bars.

I didn't intend to get 9" bars, it was just what the complete bike I had came with. Some wasn't much of an upgrade but more of siding with a specific brand like Snafu Love the jet fuel look!

Anyways, I know its more about personal perference, but just making sure that 8.75" is probably a better fit for me and my height.

|

7/8/2019 9:08 AM

You can flip your topload stem upside down and that'll lower your bars by about 1/2"

|

7/8/2019 5:12 PM

stem is same
4pc is little heavier
snafu fork nice 30mm offset is good
get 165mm cranks cause of your hight
8.75 bars would be better but don't really matter that much, I think theres a dude here riding 10" bars and he is 5'0
27t éclat vent guard is good ratio 27>28>25

|

7/9/2019 4:00 AM

Komedy wrote:

stem is same
4pc is little heavier
snafu fork nice 30mm offset is good
get 165mm cranks cause of your hight
8.75 bars would be better but don't really matter that much, I think theres a dude here riding 10" bars and he is 5'0
27t éclat vent guard is good ratio 27>28>25

I ended up getting 170 mm cranks. But thanks guys for the information!

|

7/9/2019 5:00 AM

Had some snafu jackson bars , they where nice , high attention to detail even has a tapered crossbar to reduce weight , those hyper set ups are super light

|