Noob question

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2016 8:47 AM

I'm getting a deal on spline drive profile cranks but really love my bolt drive sprocket. Is there an adapter to make my sprocket run spline drive?

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/21/2016 10:18 AM

Nope

|

4/21/2016 11:02 AM

Damn. Not the answer I was hoping for.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/21/2016 11:21 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

You COULD try to have it machined to fit a spline drive adaptor.

Not an ideal scenario though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2016 12:42 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'd rather not. It's a Laird sprocket brand new. So the profile adapters won't work for any sprocket besides their own?

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/21/2016 12:48 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

I'd rather not. It's a Laird sprocket brand new. So the profile adapters won't work for any sprocket besides their own?

The sprockets are machined to handle the adaptors (which usually resemble an 8 or so splined crank to a certain extent) so if your sprocket has a round hole in it, you aren't going to be able to "make it work" without machining the sprocket.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2016 12:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

The sprockets are machined to handle the adaptors (which usually resemble an 8 or so splined crank to a certain extent) so if your sprocket has a round hole in it, you aren't going to be able to "make it work" without machining the sprocket.

Ahhh gotcha. Well thanks man that helped.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/21/2016 12:58 PM

You COULD always take the Laird Sprocket and turn it into a clock or something? He said recently he won't be doing more of them, so it is pretty rare.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2016 8:04 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

You COULD always take the Laird Sprocket and turn it into a clock or something? He said recently he won't be doing more of them, so it is pretty rare.

Yeah it's pretty much brand new...it'll go as spare parts for now until I decide to do something with it

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/21/2016 8:37 PM

get we get a pic? Can't to find any pics of his sprockets online.

|

4/21/2016 10:13 PM

http://www.lairdframe.bigcartel.com/

Just scroll down that page a little. Mine is black.

|

Smoke Drink Die