Noob questions

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2015 6:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2015 6:16 PM

Hi I was wondering some questions about bmx because I am about to start getting into it.
I have riden a mountain bike with right hand drive my whole life. is left hand drive going to be different?
I am getting the https://www.danscomp.com/products/102725/2016_Fit_Dugan_Sig_Bike_(Tom_Dugan).html and I was wondering if I could put any seat on it, but keep the seat post. like can you put any seat on any seat post. also a question about grips, I want to put the quan grips on my bike, well the stock grips are shorter then the quan grips, so I was wondering if i could still have the quan grips on the bike. Thanks

|

10/27/2015 6:22 PM

Left hand drive is completely the same...its just for people who grind on their right side so they don't snap chains and what not...if the seat is a pivotal then any pivotal seat will work. You can put any grips you want on your bars as well...if they're too long just cut the grip to the length you need...

|

10/27/2015 6:24 PM

When you ride, what foot do you normally have in front? If it's your right, then LHD is good, but if you are left foot forward, then you would be better off buying a RHD bike for when you start learning grinds. As for your other question, you can use any other seat on that post, as long as it is a tripod style seat. And yes, the Quan grips would work fine.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

LHD will make no difference as long as you don't ride pegs , otherwise you want pegs on the other side of the sprocket / driver so they don't get beat up .

And basically any pivatol seat will work on that post . Your mountain bike won't fit it , and tripod seats won't , but 75% of BMX seats will be fine on it.

That's one of the better bike you can get on the market

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

JPond53 wrote:

Left hand drive is completely the same...its just for people who grind on their right side so they don't snap chains and what ...more

The seat on that one is a tripod.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

10/27/2015 6:25 PM

Shortdude wrote:

The seat on that one is a tripod.

He saved your ass on this I didn't even notice it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/27/2015 6:27 PM

Guys he can't use a pivotal. That bike comes with a Fit Solo Tripod seat lol.

|

10/27/2015 6:29 PM

Shortdude wrote:

is there any possible way where you could change it to pivotal

|

10/27/2015 6:33 PM

Shortdude wrote:

lyfe_of_jack wrote:

There is, but tripod is better.

|

10/27/2015 6:35 PM

Shortdude wrote:

lyfe_of_jack wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

There is, but tripod is better.

Okay thanks

|

10/28/2015 4:09 PM

If you aspire to run 4 pegs i highly suggest keeping your drivetrain side on the same side as your dominant grind side , switch grinds can be tricky don't want to go destroy your drivetrain in the process

|

10/28/2015 5:07 PM

Regarding the grips, I hope your a troll...

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

10/28/2015 5:10 PM

iFit wrote:

Regarding the grips, I hope your a troll...

No I'm not I am really new to bmx and was wondering if you could put Quan grips on the bike

|

10/29/2015 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2015 8:19 AM

Shortdude wrote:

When you ride, what foot do you normally have in front? If it's your right, then LHD is good, but if you are left foot ...more

I would not base it on what foot you have forward. I would base it on IF you plan to grind, what side you would prefer.

OP, do you have any friends who ride BMX? Ask them to check out their bikes sometime, and see if you have a preference.

Or just buy a bike and ride it, and if you like to grind on one side or the other, replace parts accordingly. A crank and wheel are reasonably cheap and that would be it to swap a drivetrain (or maybe even just a spline drive sprocket.) You won't be super good at grinding immediately, so just get a bike and hubguards and start having fun!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura