Noob time. Help me out. Topsey, Dave, chuck, Blake!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2013 6:33 PM

Ok vital goers. I'm noobing it up right now and need some advice

I ride 4 pegs, I'm sketchy, love rough grinding surface, and I'm sick of shotty hubs

Buying a new rear and eventually a matching front. BUY NEW SO UNLESS I STUMBLE UPON A NIB MIX DON'T SAY MIX. I want to shy away from the ratchet and antigram cuz 4 pawl engagement is perfect for me. 3 pawl is just...ehh.
WILL NOT SUPPORT CULT IN ANY MANNER.
So here are my personal faves and reasons

BTR- 14mm female and 4 individual sprung pawls! How much better can it get!
BSD- same as above minus the 14mm. Plus has a very good rep and polymere bushings.
Javelin- looks dope. Polymere bushing. 4 pawl

Recommend some others. I kinda want to shy away from éclat basically cuz too much engagement and way pricey.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/6/2013 6:39 PM

I don't have anything bad to say about any of those, but the only one I have owned is the BSD. It's axle is oversized, and has shoulders that fit into the dropouts, so, in theory, the axle takes the impact from the frame, and the bolt just holds the pegs on. It really is a solid design, I just prefer as beefy as possible, since I'm a big bastard.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/6/2013 6:41 PM

I know burly riders who love the Javelins

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

8/6/2013 6:44 PM

The BTR has a 17mm axle with 14mm bolts where as the BSD has 3/8 bolts and a 14mm axle

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/6/2013 6:47 PM

Topsey LOVES the BTR, I think that any one of those would be good, I personally am looking at a BSD, but I haven't decided yet.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/6/2013 6:50 PM

4-Pawl Hubs i know of..

The BTR which i think is actually your best choice. Proper Female Axle, Non & Drive Side Guards - Alloy or CRMO, Beefy 14mm Bolts.

Cinema VX/VX2

Demolition Rogue

Eclat Dynamic - I know its not 4-Pawl but it has the 120 Point Engagement, it will engage just as good as ANY 4 Pawl Hub if not Better, Non & Drive Side Guards available - Alloy only though. 14mm Male or a Shemale Axle option. GOOD Hub!

Primo Remix V2 - It is not out yet, but it should be out fairly soon if you can wait. Supposedly they have updated all the bearings & they offer a 14mm Male Axle aswell as the Shemale one. Plastic Hub Guards are your choice from Primo, but you could get TDG Guards for it, which are BOMB PROOF for grinding!

I think you'd probably want to shy away from Profile Hubs, I know plenty of people who have run them on Street but i have heard sooooo many horror stories of them being quite fragile!

Subrosa Posi-Trac Hub looks pretty good on paper too. Shemale Axle, 4 - Pawl Driver, CRMO Guards. Should take a beating!

|

8/6/2013 6:54 PM

Topsey wrote:

4-Pawl Hubs i know of..

The BTR which i think is actually your best choice. Proper Female Axle, Non & Drive Side Guards - Alloy or CRMO, Beefy 14mm Bolts.

Cinema VX/VX2

Demolition Rogue

Eclat Dynamic - I know its not 4-Pawl but it has the 120 Point Engagement, it will engage just as good as ANY 4 Pawl Hub if not Better, Non & Drive Side Guards available - Alloy only though. 14mm Male or a Shemale Axle option. GOOD Hub!

Primo Remix V2 - It is not out yet, but it should be out fairly soon if you can wait. Supposedly they have updated all the bearings & they offer a 14mm Male Axle aswell as the Shemale one. Plastic Hub Guards are your choice from Primo, but you could get TDG Guards for it, which are BOMB PROOF for grinding!

I think you'd probably want to shy away from Profile Hubs, I know plenty of people who have run them on Street but i have heard sooooo many horror stories of them being quite fragile!

Subrosa Posi-Trac Hub looks pretty good on paper too. Shemale Axle, 4 - Pawl Driver, CRMO Guards. Should take a beating!

I'm feeling the BTR

|

8/6/2013 7:15 PM

BSD!!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/6/2013 7:25 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

BSD!!

Reasoning sir!?

|

8/6/2013 7:34 PM

BTR Sir, thats what i would say sir. if your shying away from the Ratchet. You need a BTR or Ratchet End point! next would be a javlin i guess.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/6/2013 7:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 7:43 PM

I'm diggin my Rogue cassette from Demo. Solid so far, no bearing issues, BUT I grind only on occasion and I have the Non Drive Side hub guard for it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/6/2013 7:36 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

BTR Sir, thats what i would say sir. if your shying away from the Ratchet. You need a BTR or Ratchet End point! next would be a javlin i guess.

Thanks Blake!

|

8/6/2013 7:38 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'm diggin my Rogue cassette from Demo. Solid so far, no bearing issues, BUT I grind only on occasion and I have the Non Drive Side hub guard for it.

There's an issue. Hahah I grind all types of whenever. Especially up rails. I FUCKING love uprails

|

8/6/2013 7:39 PM

Look into the kink incite as well seems pretty solid but i think its a 3/8s axle.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/6/2013 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 7:49 PM

BSD!!

future FBM wrote:

Reasoning sir!?

Solid hub, smooth, extremely reliable..Hub was designed for grinding. Slide on guards that fit with ease, nothing to strip or worry about. Has an amazing weight. I had a raptor and the 3 to 4 pawl design had no difference to me, rode the same, sounded the same ...etc Its also said that 3 pawls all engage at the same time where as 4, only 2 engage. Both are good hubs but everyone I know with a BSD has no complaints. I rode Tree, Shadow, Profile, Gsport, Odyssey, Mission, Eastern, Nankai, KHE....The BSD have rolled the longest for me as well when traveling from place to place. Its a simple, reliable and strong hub that can take whatever abuse you put it through. You also mention as well it has a very good rep.

I ride profile hubs mostly but anything in which I will be grinding heavy on, I'll ride my bsd or gsport hubs...both have bsd guards. I also use an Eclat Gong driveside guard with my bsd hub.

Also Bsd has indivudual springs and pawls, Javelin uses a c-clip if that means anything to ya

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/6/2013 7:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

future FBM wrote:

There's an issue. Hahah I grind all types of whenever. Especially up rails. I FUCKING love uprails

Well, to be fair, I weigh 235 lbs give or take a few, so when I grind, I can hit hard.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/6/2013 8:52 PM

Solid hub, smooth, extremely reliable..Hub was designed for grinding. Slide on guards that fit with ease, nothing to strip or worry about. Has an amazing weight. I had a raptor and the 3 to 4 pawl design had no difference to me, rode the same, sounded the same ...etc Its also said that 3 pawls all engage at the same time where as 4, only 2 engage. Both are good hubs but everyone I know with a BSD has no complaints. I rode Tree, Shadow, Profile, Gsport, Odyssey, Mission, Eastern, Nankai, KHE....The BSD have rolled the longest for me as well when traveling from place to place. Its a simple, reliable and strong hub that can take whatever abuse you put it through. You also mention as well it has a very good rep.

I ride profile hubs mostly but anything in which I will be grinding heavy on, I'll ride my bsd or gsport hubs...both have bsd guards. I also use an Eclat Gong driveside guard with my bsd hub.

Also Bsd has indivudual springs and pawls, Javelin uses a c-clip if that means anything to ya

Can I see how the Gong guard fits on? and I LOVE my BSDs, so I say get them.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/6/2013 9:31 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

future FBM wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Well, to be fair, I weigh 235 lbs give or take a few, so when I grind, I can hit hard.

I hear ya.

|

8/6/2013 9:32 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Look into the kink incite as well seems pretty solid but i think its a 3/8s axle.

And 3 pawls

|

8/6/2013 10:56 PM

I'm having a brain fart aren't the tree's 4 pawl or did I see some one mod an éclat driver to suit it

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/6/2013 10:59 PM

Gump wrote:

I'm having a brain fart aren't the tree's 4 pawl or did I see some one mod an éclat driver to suit it

Tooooo expensive

|

8/7/2013 12:38 AM

I've had both the BTR and BSD, as far as engagement goes, the BTR takes it by a mile, other than that, they're really similar. I'd say BTR, but both are pretty sweet hubs, as far as I know the 3/8ths holds up, but then again I feel much safer now with the 14mm.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/7/2013 12:55 AM

I think I'm getting a BTR.

|

8/7/2013 1:03 AM

Im so poor i can't even think of getting a new hub. Btw i love it whey bed is cold and i fall into slumber. Nighty nighty sweet prince

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

8/7/2013 1:13 AM

Wut.

|

8/7/2013 8:48 AM

BSD.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/7/2013 12:37 PM

And what's your reasoning?

|

8/7/2013 2:20 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This is the exact reason I started looking for a beefier hub. I don't want to trust just any axle bolts to holding my big ass, especially if I land on the pegs a bit hard.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/7/2013 10:52 PM

Idk. This BTR just seems right. 14mm female. That's as strong as 20mm male.

|

8/7/2013 11:27 PM

future FBM wrote:

Idk. This BTR just seems right. 14mm female. That's as strong as 20mm male.

Get the BTR, you seem really into it. All being listed is good but out of everything, the BTR has your interest the most.

|

REFS-