Nosediving

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2015 1:42 PM

Often when I hop over something thats below my maximum height bunnyhop, or when I do drops (bunnyhop, not just pulling my front wheel), I nosedive a bit and land nose heavy. Thats an issue since I have problems with my wrists. So I flipped my front load stem upside down and added a 5mm spacer. At first I definitely felt a difference - getting pop was much easier, when I hopped onto and over stuff and dropped out of stuff I landed back heavy or both wheels at the same time. It felt much betten than before. Loved it. And it certainly felt easier on the wrists. However, an hour or so into the session I started nosediving again, and getting pop felt as hard as before. And my wrists, of course, felt it too. So should I buy taller bars and make my set even higher (I dont have space for more spacers), or am I doing something wrong? (ive been riding for around an year, and can hop over a bmx wheel, so Im not a noob who doesn't know how to hop/drop. And I ride street only) Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

|

YO

8/24/2015 1:50 PM

To me it almost sounds like you suck the back up too long, and don't level it out fast enough. Without a video we won't be able to accurately say though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/24/2015 4:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2015 4:07 PM

well I don't have any footage but I don't nose dive everytime, it onlyhappens like 50-60% of the time. However, some time ago I saw a clip of myself and slo-moed it and I think I (and were talking about an average hop for me like up a 2 stairset, or a drop, because the higher the hop is the better I do it) What I saw was that after I level out I push the bars forward and down, instead of just forward leading to a nose heavy landing. I level out ok, and the back end is ok.

|

YO

8/24/2015 4:08 PM

Ride trails. Nose diving is a good thing.

|