Not enjoying riding anymore/getting more and more pissed off each time

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2014 11:56 AM

At this moment in time, I am getting really frustrated that I can't land basic tricks anymore, I have no motivation and I go out wanting to ride but come back 5 minutes later after having enough.

Is there any way I can be more motivated/have fun while riding for the time being, there is still 3 months or so until there is supposedly a skatepark being built at my local town and I just don't want to ride my little road anymore and I can't go out and about either.

|

Bruh

7/5/2014 12:12 PM

Try just cruising.
Progression is great, but I dunno bout you, but it wasn't tricks that got me started. Sometimes just enjoying a ride is great.
Nobody I know started with the intention of going pro, or being the best rider. It's not a competition.
If it starts to feel like it is, it's probably time for a break...
IMO.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/5/2014 12:15 PM

Cruising here is boring as fuck
as for tricks, the only thing I can do is a crankflip. I can't 180 yet and am so close but just can't

|

Bruh

7/5/2014 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2014 12:51 PM

switch your setup and switch your riding style and try visualizing the streets differently.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/5/2014 1:10 PM

took me like a year to learn pivots, and i used to do thesame with fuck all to ride, but in the end, you'll get em, and when you do, it'll be hands down onne of the best feelings ever. 180s are the start of any riders progression it seems. And try taking a week off? I've just had a week in cornwall with no bike, and today i was getting SOOOO stressed on my way back because there was delay after delay. and we all have our shit days/weeks. sometimes i go a few days and have no desire to ride and feel like im forcing myselfout, other times its the complete opposite. the main thing, NEVER sell your bike. even if it sits there for years, most people go bacj to it eventually

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/5/2014 1:19 PM

There was a period of time where I would get so pissed off at myself, my bike. my friends. and many other things almost any time I would go ride for logical reasons. Just take it easy for a while. Maybe you need a little break. There's no shame in that.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/5/2014 2:41 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

switch your setup and switch your riding style and try visualizing the streets differently.

The streets, it is a flat road dude haha

Eddie, I hear you dude. I have fakies down pretty much both ways. I just can't 180 for me life. Some times I get the rotation but then can't do it at speed, and recently I am getting 90 degrees and it sucks balls.

But I think I will have a week or two possibly more if needed off the bike and come back to it at a later date.

|

Bruh

7/5/2014 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2014 2:50 PM

Zach your young as fook dude, take your time with this bmx thing, you got your whole life to ride and progress, everyone has their good and bad days, learning tricks can be one of the most frustrating things you will ever spend any amount of time on, but when you land new things for the first time it feels amazing at it makes it worth while, anything worth doing is never easy.

A change is as good as a rest, take a break & find other things but like they said above don't sell your bike, I had a bmx sit against my bedroom wall for nearly a decade and never touched it, then boom 10years later I'm back to riding everyday again.

Just give it time, and ease off on the pressure to be good, your gonna be driving soon and that's going to open a whole new set of opportunities for you.

Don't give up...."a bmx is for life, not just for Xmas" lol

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/5/2014 2:52 PM

Have you tried spitting on it and sticking it up your butt? If that fails, run it over with your mini repeatedly until frustration dies off.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/5/2014 2:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2014 2:59 PM

Zach when you can drive, we'll meet up somewhere for a session and I'll give you some tips, help you learn some new tricks bro.

In the meantime maybe you should build an adjustable bunnyhop bar to try and improve your hops? Get a good hop on you and most other tricks will come easier.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/5/2014 3:05 PM

Kenny, there was no plans on selling it haha. But I will come down. learning starts 4th August and I kinda need to pass by 7th September as it is cheaper to drive to school. I was thinking of a hop bar tbh.

Tom, I knew you were gonna make it weird.

|

Bruh

7/5/2014 4:17 PM

I know the feel, I have been riding for a year and I can't 180 flat (I can 180 flyout).

Recently I have gotten my hops a lot better, and it's fun to just hop over gaps and do bump ups on curbs.

Maybe I should try to 180 flat more often (i never really try because I don't understand them)

Can't do anything flat besides shit manuals.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/5/2014 10:15 PM

It literally took me a good entire year to get flat 180's. To this day, I still don't have them 100% dialed, maybe like 90%+ at most due to me being a bitch doing tricks with some speed. Before getting 180's good, I had already perfectly mastered fakies, making rollouts like the easiest thing ever. Trust me, some days, I enjoy doing even the most simplest things and showing off to non-riders. To me, I personally think it's just on and off days, energy and health-wise. I literally started practicing 3's again like last week and tap them so bad.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/5/2014 10:16 PM

Not to mention, I know if I'm down for a few days cause I won't land tricks and I'll kinda throw my bike out of anger. I haven't done it in the past 2 weeks, really.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/5/2014 10:27 PM

Quit, don't sell your bike though, do something else.

If you miss riding, ride again, if you enjoy doing you new hobby, sell the bike.

Or just be a poser and tell everyone you ride when you don't.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/6/2014 1:40 AM

one try kid wrote:

Quit, don't sell your bike though, do something else.

If you miss riding, ride again, if you enjoy doing you new hobby, sell ...more

I'm not planning on selling the bike, I use it to get to peoples houses etc.
I'm also not entirely giving up, I just need a filler for 3 months so that when the skatepark is built I can A) land a few tricks and cool go there most days as I will be taking my bike to school and the park is 2 mins from school.

|

Bruh

7/6/2014 6:24 AM

Manual.

Peg wheelie.

Flatland.

Bunnyhop over things.

Build a rail or a box.

Manual curbs.

Use your imagination.

Realize that BMX is not something you dominate from day one. I recall spending WEEKS learning 180s. Now I can easily spin them both ways up and down stuff. Hell, I use to do oppo 360s all the time, and almost stomped a flyout oppo 540 a few times.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2014 8:22 AM

I know that skill isn't something that just appears, but after riding for nearly two years it is getting rather frustrating to say the least.
I have tried a few manuals today and they are meh was getting 5-7ft max
The one thing that I personally think is limiting me is that I can't get anywhere other than the end of my lane, which is a flat road with nothing to entertain me.
Only pic I have of it
Photo
But thanks for the ideas guys.

|

Bruh

7/6/2014 9:05 AM

BIKES!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2014 9:18 AM

What?

Oh, Just finished making a ghetto as hop bar. Just getting wheel height hops again.

|

Bruh

7/6/2014 11:21 AM

In the background of your bikes pic theres a giant field. Take a shovel to it if nobody will bitch.

|

For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is in every way perfect.

7/6/2014 11:31 AM

Glass_Hero_93 wrote:

In the background of your bikes pic theres a giant field. Take a shovel to it if nobody will bitch.

Farmer owned, has crops in it. This pic was like 4 months ago.

|

Bruh

7/6/2014 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2014 4:17 PM

Bravo on the 2ft ish hop, that's decent, keep it up zach.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/6/2014 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2014 3:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

Have you tried spitting on it and sticking it up your butt? If that fails, run it over with your mini repeatedly until ...more

Nice! Way to liven up a dull forum.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/7/2014 5:54 AM

Build a rail? A box?

Try putting a brake on and learning other things.

I used to ride flatland on gravel, I know your pain. Try to make a little dirt bump on the edge of the road into grass?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/7/2014 9:50 AM

Do you ride with anyone?

I find it hard to get motivated when I'm by myself...

Tricks come rather easy to me and I still find myself bored and not interested at times.
Ride with other people. That is all I can tell you.

|

7/7/2014 10:39 AM

looks like you live in the middle of nowhere. should be plenty of space to build some dirt jumps

|

wallride a bus everyday

7/7/2014 11:48 AM

Alternately take a break for a bit

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/7/2014 11:53 AM

I would try brakes, but I am putting them on my old bike ready to sell it...
I may build a dirt jump into a little grass area that is by the road tbh, just need to trim the trees a bit lol

|

Bruh

7/8/2014 12:15 PM

dude, i've been riding BMX bikes on and off probably as long as you've been alive and you're probably better than me lol but i grew up in a farm town and even worse than your town it was all HILLS and i lived on the biggest hill in town. it can be quite frustrating but i've stuck with it regardless of progression just because i love riding. build a small dirt jump to mess around with. clear a trail in the woods. convince your parents to help you fund/build a small grind box to practice on. doesn't have to be anything fancy but you always got options.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands