Not having fun while riding.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2014 10:13 AM

I have been riding for like 2 years now and it is not fun anymore. Like i'm not stoked even just to ride now , it is more of a meh feeling. But whenever i am off the bike, i feel the urge to get back on. Does the "rush" you get as a beginner ever come back? The same thing happened to me when I skated. ( hence the name krooked)

|

13 years old

6/5/2014 10:22 AM

When i feel that "meh" feeling i try to ride different spots i haven't been to or try something new to get me motivated. Riding with others gets me pumped too.

|

6/5/2014 10:49 AM

Everyone around me is only decent and they just recently ALL quit, so now I'm stuck forever riding by myself 98% of the time anyway (as if that's ever been different..). So yeah, I'm never motivated but BMX is really all I live for besides guitar and whatnot. I don't really have any hobbies at all whatsoever. That solely drives my motivation.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/5/2014 10:57 AM

Try different thing, riding with other people might help.
I only ride alone, and have no skateparks around sad. But even that way i have fun.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

6/5/2014 10:58 AM

Try new things. New styles of riding and tricks, new places to ride, different bike geometry, etc. If nothing changes and you lose interest in riding all together, take a break for a few months. If the interest doesn't return, you can sell your bike or keep it around just incase you ever decide to give it another go.

Remember to have fun while riding. Try stupid, creative tricks even if they aren't that cool, aslong as theyre fun.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/5/2014 1:04 PM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

When i feel that "meh" feeling i try to ride different spots i haven't been to or try something new to get me motivated. ...more

This

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/5/2014 1:15 PM

try new things, try to learn new tricks, try riding different spots/obstacles, scare yourself with something big or even get hurt a little bit (just a little bit tho, major injuries suck). and maybe even try to ride with different people, especially people that are better than you, it should give you some motivation to attempt new tricks/gaps/rails/stairs or whatever. put some pegs on and try new grinds or take your pegs off and try the pegless style. put some brakes on and try stalls or take brakes off if you haven't tried riding brakeless. just try to change things up to keep things interesting but if all else fails it's completely fine to take a little time off the bike too.

read this. it might help

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

6/5/2014 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2014 3:08 PM

Been there my friend, shit happens.

Riding err day burns you out man, there's more to life than riding so make sure your living a balanced life and you have all your other priorities sorted and don't get too caught up in the desire to ride, that way bmx can be an outlet for yourself and time for you. Keep it fresh!

Go with the flow my man. Do what feels right.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/5/2014 11:48 PM

It really helps to ride with other people, youll feed off eachothers energy and sometimes theis helps to push you to do things you wouldnt normally do. Also keep trying to learn NEW things everyday. Can be just simple things. Or even work on tweaking old tricks. Try to do atleast one thing that scares the shit out of you everytime you ride, this helps you get that rush fealing you crave from riding bmx. GO FASTER GO HIGHER.

|

6/6/2014 2:40 PM

idk whenever that happens, I usually try and just go on a short break, or head somewhere new and not too far to pick some shit up... or find new folks to ride with

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/6/2014 3:06 PM

Switch your setup drastically , fuck your local park , take a skytrain somewhere for a day and see what happens :0

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/7/2014 3:16 AM

oh also. never sell your bike. everyone always ends up going back to it. and wanting a bike again lol

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

6/7/2014 8:01 PM

Try a different riding discipline, for example, if you ride street all the time, ride park or dirt. Or you could try looking for new spots, and a break helps too.

|

Save the industry

6/7/2014 8:17 PM

I tryed racing and had a tun of fun. I will do that now. I need new parts that will fit my trail/ racing/ park needs lol

|

13 years old

6/7/2014 9:12 PM

Put 4 pegs on, omf. I put 4 pegs on today and omfg is it amazing trying switch ice, switch tooth etc.

|

6/8/2014 11:38 AM

I have been doing a lot of other stuff lately. like fishing.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/8/2014 12:22 PM

Try new stuff. Change your bike. Ride something different.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/8/2014 7:46 PM

try to ride new spots make new friends and progress

|

Rails not Trails

6/9/2014 3:26 AM

i don't know if I could ride alone any more. I need my riding buddies. that is what scares me, as BMX is my whole life right now

|

6/9/2014 7:41 AM

zzzxtreme wrote:

i don't know if I could ride alone any more. I need my riding buddies. that is what scares me, as BMX is my whole life right ...more

Headphones. I've had some great sessions solo. I usually do a little filming when I ride alone, which motivates me to try more.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/9/2014 2:30 PM

zzzxtreme wrote:

i don't know if I could ride alone any more. I need my riding buddies. that is what scares me, as BMX is my whole life right ...more

I used to hate riding alone, then I was forced to. I ended up not minding it. now im back to not liking it

id just rather ride with people, its more enjoyable, especially with the lack of spots and such here

friends just keep it fun and push ya in all the right ways, ya know?

|

6/10/2014 6:59 AM

Or take a break for a bit.

I ride maybe twice a month now.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/10/2014 11:44 PM

zzzxtreme wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

I used to hate riding alone, then I was forced to. I ended up not minding it. now im back to not liking it

id just rather ...more

yup exactly. my friends keep pushing me to do trick, we laughing at each other, laughing together, make fun of each other. few guys working on a simple bike problem when one should be enough, funny. when they are not riding for a night, I feel lost. I think I need a shrink

|

6/11/2014 2:35 AM

zzzxtreme wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

id just rather ...more

zzzxtreme wrote:

yup exactly. my friends keep pushing me to do trick, we laughing at each other, laughing together, make fun of each other. few ...more

riding with friends just makes the whole experience better in a lot of situations... granted a night cruise alone or a solo sesh every now and again is nice

|

6/11/2014 1:47 PM

I'm having the same thing since I was trying to learn barspins.. I want to get them so bad that it's the only thing I care about atm and every time I try them I hurt myself and I can't try them anymore and I don't feel like riding. It was so fun at the start, I learned new tricks like every week and now I'm practicing barspins for a year and hang 5 to whiplash for like half a year and I'm so close but can't get them. There is no one to give me tips as most pple I ride with can't even 360 or manual even though they started riding way before me.. I feel the need to ride but everytime I come back home I'm feeling pissed that I still can't land a certain trick sad

|