Not what I ordered?? ALBES:(

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2017 12:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 12:03 AM

So I just recently ordered a Premium Aurora V2 frame from ALBES. In the stock photos that they use to sell the frame, it shows that the frame has a hydro formed headtube which gives it a hourglass shape. Premiums website also shows the frame having the same thing but when I received my frame today you could imagine my disappointment when the frame I recited did NOT have this particular design. I this not false advertisement?? Or ami missing something here. I mean, it's one of the reasons I ordered this frame in the first place because I love the hydro formed design. I was going to get the Volume Vessel for similar reason but decided to get the premium because it was on sale and had all the things I wanted in a frame. So can anybody tell what the deal is with this frame? I will post pics of what the frame is suppose to look like and what I actually got. The bottom photo is the design I recieved

|

8/4/2017 12:10 AM

Hmhmm it's probably just a V2 or maybe a different manufacturing time . That is weird though because my CK and the Aurora I saw in person were hourglass .

Contact Albes but they'll probably say hit up Premium

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/4/2017 12:22 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Hmhmm it's probably just a V2 or maybe a different manufacturing time . That is weird though because my CK and the Aurora I saw in person were hourglass .

I contacted both and awaiting replies.

Never the the less, ALBES should not be using stock photos for a product if it's not what you're getting.

I'm so done with ALBES also. This makes 3 out 4 orders I've placed with them that have been screwed.

On top of that I ordered a 21" which was placed Sunday not then to receive a message at 6:40pm Monday that 21" are sold out but could have 20.8". So it took them almost a entire day to notify me of this??? ( garbage). I also paid for 2 day shipping but because of the inventory issue it took 3 days to recieve the item. I mean they could of overnighted it so I got it when I was suppose. But got nothing to make up for it.

|

8/4/2017 12:31 AM

That's fucked but I know for example I was looking at a Haro TF frame on Albes actually , and they stated in the description "pictures in photo may not be exact" because they ( Haro ) replaced Tyler's graphics with stock Haro ones after initial pictures went out .

I'd say maybe Premium might have one lying around and they can maybe get it sent to the distribution where Albes can send it to you but that'll take forever if it even would happen .

To be honest I'd either ride it and take the L or get a full refund including shipping and handling and look for a different frame . I highly doubt Albes will give you some major type of discount or reimbursement solely because of a headtube not being exact . Keep in mind too maybe they didn't know . It was probably in a box and never opened , so they just could have sent it not knowing . Or it can even be a warehouse order where they don't handle the product at their shop but order it through the warehouse and just send it through themselves in the same packing and condition as the warehouse had .

It'll be interesting to see what happens .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/4/2017 12:40 AM

That's fucked but I know for example I was looking at a Haro TF frame on Albes actually , and they stated in the description "pictures in photo may not be exact" because they ( Haro ) replaced Tyler's graphics with stock Haro ones after initial pictures went out .

I'd say maybe Premium might have one lying around and they can maybe get it sent to the distribution where Albes can send it to you but that'll take forever if it even would happen .

To be honest I'd either ride it and take the L or get a full refund including shipping and handling and look for a different frame . I highly doubt Albes will give you some major type of discount or reimbursement solely because of a headtube not being exact . Keep in mind too maybe they didn't know . It was probably in a box and never opened , so they just could have sent it not knowing . Or it can even be a warehouse order where they don't handle the product at their shop but order it through the warehouse and just send it through themselves in the same packing and condition as the warehouse had .

It'll be interesting to see what happens .

Decals is one thing but frame design is another.
I believe most of these shops inspect everything before it's shipped.
Plus, the sale receipt is in the box and some shitty ALBES stickers.

|

8/4/2017 12:45 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

Never the the less, ALBES should not be using stock photos for a product if it's not what you're getting.

I'm so done with ALBES also. This makes 3 out 4 orders I've placed with them that have been screwed.

On top of that I ordered a 21" which was placed Sunday not then to receive a message at 6:40pm Monday that 21" are sold out but could have 20.8". So it took them almost a entire day to notify me of this??? ( garbage). I also paid for 2 day shipping but because of the inventory issue it took 3 days to recieve the item. I mean they could of overnighted it so I got it when I was suppose. But got nothing to make up for it.

>On top of that I ordered a 21" which was placed Sunday not then to receive a message at 6:40pm Monday that 21" are sold out but could have 20.8". So it took them almost a entire day to notify me of this??? ( garbage)

So... you're complaining that you placed an order on Sunday, and had to wait a whoooooleee day (actually probably more like half a day considering they probably didn't start working till Monday morning and had other things to do than cater to your entitled ass) to hear back from them? they're likely not even there on Sundays anyway. Shipping issues happen.

Also, it seems the V2 is hit or miss when it comes to having the hourglass shape

Check out this bike check

http://www.vitalbmx.com/features/Brad-McNicol-on-Odyssey-Q-A-Bike-Check,4223?mobile=false

Not to mention my friend just ordered the same frame from them recently and his didn't have the hourglass shaped headtube either so it seems some do and some don't. only difference is he didn't have a conniption over the aesthetics of his frame.

|

8/4/2017 1:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 1:53 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

>On top of that I ordered a 21" which was placed Sunday not then to receive a message at 6:40pm Monday that 21" are sold out but could have 20.8". So it took them almost a entire day to notify me of this??? ( garbage)

So... you're complaining that you placed an order on Sunday, and had to wait a whoooooleee day (actually probably more like half a day considering they probably didn't start working till Monday morning and had other things to do than cater to your entitled ass) to hear back from them? they're likely not even there on Sundays anyway. Shipping issues happen.

Also, it seems the V2 is hit or miss when it comes to having the hourglass shape

http://www.vitalbmx.com/features/Brad-McNicol-on-Odyssey-Q-A-Bike-Check,4223?mobile=false

Not to mention my friend just ordered the same frame from them recently and his didn't have the hourglass shaped headtube either so it seems some do and some don't. only difference is he didn't have a conniption over the aesthetics of his frame.

I'm aware that they are not open on Sunday. But thay had ALL DAY Monday to contact me. They did contact me until almost 7 o clock at fucking night! in buisness, that is a entire "buisness" day. Too me that's shitty customer service. Also, like I said, this isn't the first bulshit I recieved with ALBES.
I've been shopping with DANS for like 18 years and not once have I had a single problem with their sevice.

And when you are paying more for a shipping sevice, you're damn right I'm going to complain, especially when I was not compensated for the delay.

If frame designs vary, you better put that shit in your description.
You're god damn right I'm going to have a conniption about aesthetics. I want what the fuck I paid for.

|

8/4/2017 1:57 AM

michael.eckhart wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well, I wouldn't have a conniption either if I was handed a frame from a sponsor. But since I had to actually pay for mine, I want what I paid for.

|

8/4/2017 5:25 AM

They would literally have to open every box to know for certain they all had the same headtube. That's a premium problem, not an albe's problem. The frame is priced $200 off retail. To most people, I don't think the headtube design is gonna make or break the deal on a frame that's marked down half price. I do understand where you're coming from by being mislead, but I certainly don't think it's their fault. They didn't ship you the wrong item, the factory that produced the item didn't make them all as presented by their stock photo. That's the manufacturer to blame. If you had a shop that moved as much product as albe's, would you unbox every item that came in before you sent it out?

|

8/4/2017 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 6:29 AM

Just curious, are you certain that Premium didn't just make a running change to the design? Believe me, that is entirely possible & it's also entirely possible that it has nothing to do with Albe's. As for the Shipping, yeah, they owe you something since you paid for 2-day & didn't get that. With an outfit like Dan's or Albe's I'd bet they never even saw your product. They were just the middleman. You paid them, they placed the order, the distribution center got back to them at the end of the day when they were filling your order, Albe's contacted you. Once those details were worked out, the distribution center threw your shit in the mail.

Lastly, you do know the people working there are making next to nothing, right? If they were paying decent wages, they might attract people who pay attention to details like frame sizes availability & designs. Of course, then your $400 Premium frame would probably be $600.

|

8/4/2017 6:15 AM

Albe's posts here, maybe they will chime in.
Seems to me like your mad that premium is inconsistent in their frame design, something that's not Albe's fault. And your mad that is took them until 6pm to respond to a customer service complaint? They probably have hundreds of them and one poor dude sitting at a computer spending his days shifting through douchebags complaining about shit they can't control. ERMAHGERD I HAD TO WAIT TILL 6PM!

|

8/4/2017 6:16 AM

Wow. A whole day to be notified something isn't in stock.
The hourglass headtube looks shit anyway.
Get over it

|

8/4/2017 6:30 AM

Nelsdollaz wrote:

Albe's posts here, maybe they will chime in.
Seems to me like your mad that premium is inconsistent in their frame design, something that's not Albe's fault. And your mad that is took them until 6pm to respond to a customer service complaint? They probably have hundreds of them and one poor dude sitting at a computer spending his days shifting through douchebags complaining about shit they can't control. ERMAHGERD I HAD TO WAIT TILL 6PM!

"ERMAHGERD" LOL!
|

8/4/2017 7:22 AM

You might want to quit riding to protect yourself from such injustices in the future. Until then just order from dans they are run closer to a walmart which will probably suit your ideals and expectations.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

8/4/2017 7:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 7:24 AM

ambisketcherous wrote:

You might want to quit riding to protect yourself from such injustices in the future. Until then just order from dans they are run closer to a walmart which will probably suit your ideals and expectations.

This x 100.... Surprised he didn't get a hitmain tbh...

|

8/4/2017 8:46 AM

lol i dont see how this dudes wrong. They fuck up almost every order i place with them dont use old ass stock photos. theyve sold me shit thats out of stock, sent the wrong color etc. And this same situation actually happened with a stem once. They likely have no idea about the change in frame design but still. it should be pictures of the same product they're selling it's their job as sellers to make sure that the pictured item matches the item you bought.

dont get me wrong they're cool dudes and will usually be good about fixing it or trying to. but shit when it comes to money and getting exactly what you want im going to whoever can get me my shit cheapest,fastest and most professional not whos got the coolest staff, best web videos or whos team is the best lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/4/2017 8:48 AM

Haha this is too funny. You paid for two day shipping and you got two day shipping. The two day shipping is from when they sent the frame out. Well at least they contacted you and asked if you still wanted the smaller frame unlike what dans would have done..... kinda like a rhd hub that was sold out so they sent a lhd hub instead..... and plus it's a shape for gods sake. The frames not damaged it'll ride the same with or without that headtube shape. Plus when I ordered my street sweeper it clearly said comes with a Sunday seat clamp as Sundays don't have the integrated clamp and when mine showed up guess what? It had an integrated clamp. I hate integrated clamp because if you strip it your screwed. But you don't see me whining about anything. Unfortunately you assume the risk when buying sight unseen.

|

8/4/2017 9:18 AM

Wow, lol, I never expected so much one sided replies. You guys must al work for Albes.
You guys are all making it sound like it's my fault that my shit is wrong.

It is a problem when they can't notify somebody about out of stock items especially when a order is placed within a timely manner. The point is they should of reimbursed me something on the shipping since I DID PAY for 2 day shipping. Am I wrong there???

When you order something and get something completely different, unless otherwise stated, that's a pretty big fuck up in my mind. And yes, they do look at the orders before they go out. There are people who pull items in e warehouse for orders as they recieve them, this is their job. This would be marked under quality control. You can't run a buisness without some type of quality control. They open the frame boxes to put the receipts in them and whatever else extra like stickers or other little gifts.

For all you who are just telling me to except it and it's not that big of a day and I AM the one being the ass....go fuck yourself. you can't till me they don't know either because I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had this problem. The frame is in closeout for Christ sake and you can't tell me they don't know by now. A simple disclaimer in the product description would of avoided this as I would of not ordered it in the first place. Would not be any different if I had ordered a black frame and got a white on instead.

|

8/4/2017 9:31 AM

RIDEboarder wrote:

Haha this is too funny. You paid for two day shipping and you got two day shipping. The two day shipping is from when they sent the frame out. Well at least they contacted you and asked if you still wanted the smaller frame unlike what dans would have done..... kinda like a rhd hub that was sold out so they sent a lhd hub instead..... and plus it's a shape for gods sake. The frames not damaged it'll ride the same with or without that headtube shape. Plus when I ordered my street sweeper it clearly said comes with a Sunday seat clamp as Sundays don't have the integrated clamp and when mine showed up guess what? It had an integrated clamp. I hate integrated clamp because if you strip it your screwed. But you don't see me whining about anything. Unfortunately you assume the risk when buying sight unseen.

it took 3 buisness day from the day the order was place, which would of been Monday being that they are closed Sunday when I placed the order. so I should of recieved it Wednesday. But because of the inventory problem it was delayed 1 day making it 3 buisness from the date I ordered. Being that I PAID specifically for 2 day shipping which I did not receive, I should be reimbursed and charged accordingly. Plain and simple.

It may be just a shape, but that's what I wanted and that's what I paid for. That's the frame that was advertised.

|

8/4/2017 9:33 AM

The quality control issue here is with premium, not with Albe's. Those are the premium aurora frames, you get exactly what you paid for. It's not Albe's fault if Premium is inconsistent with their headtube design. They have to use stock photos to sell their products, and if that is the stock photo Premium provided, what are they supposed to do? They probably could put a disclaimer in there that says "headtube might be very slightly different than the pictured one, or it might not be", but my guess is most people don't give a crap if their 200$ off retail reduced rate frame's headtube has a curve or not.
About the shipping, you paid for 2 day shipping not overnight shipping. You got two day shipping. Nobody ships things out on sunday, you should have expected that.
I think the reason everyone is disagreeing with you is that you come across really whiny over little things like not getting an email until 6pm, and it seems like your blaming Albe's for things like your own impatience.
I recommend you just return your frame, I'm sure they will allow you too.

|

8/4/2017 9:34 AM

You ordered a frame, they told you it wasn't in stock in less than one working day. That's pretty good really. And you chose to pick a different frame, which would be processed the following day. Did it arrive within 2 days of dispatch? If it did you have absolutely no reason to complain.
As for the headtube, again, ordered a frame, and a frame of that description was picked. Do they take every frame out of all packaging to inspect it? I don't know. But the correct frame was still picked. Unless there was a tick box during the ordering process to determine what headtube you wanted, no one there would've known.

Phone them, and let them know there are 2 headtubes, and you'd prefer the hour glass. And ask if you can exchange. And be polite. You're not their only customer

|

8/4/2017 9:35 AM

Four wrote:

lol i dont see how this dudes wrong. They fuck up almost every order i place with them dont use old ass stock photos. theyve sold me shit thats out of stock, sent the wrong color etc. And this same situation actually happened with a stem once. They likely have no idea about the change in frame design but still. it should be pictures of the same product they're selling it's their job as sellers to make sure that the pictured item matches the item you bought.

dont get me wrong they're cool dudes and will usually be good about fixing it or trying to. but shit when it comes to money and getting exactly what you want im going to whoever can get me my shit cheapest,fastest and most professional not whos got the coolest staff, best web videos or whos team is the best lol.

Fucking THANK YOU!

This is not the first time they have screwed up my orders either, but it WILL be last time.

|

8/4/2017 9:43 AM

Four wrote:

He's not wrong for feeling disappointed that he didn't get the headtube shape he was expecting but he is a little bitch for creating a thread to complain about and try to damage the reputation of a rider owned and operated business when the issue was not one of deceit or product quality but a cosmetic difference that as others have pointed out there is a reasonable explanation for.

Not about a coolness factor. The reason to buy from rider owned and operated company's and businesses is to support those like us. Even though you can sometimes find something for a few dollars cheaper going the superstore route, in the long run you are contributing to the dominance of the ruling class. Inescapable in real life for the most part, we shouldn't support infiltration in an aspect of life that for many of us is on some level about freedom and control.

|

account here is less about my and more about bike

8/4/2017 9:46 AM

To me there customer service does sound really good. I would either email or call like grumpySteve said. Just be polite and they will be more willing to help. I had to wait 15 days for an order through palmetto state armory but I got the product much cheaper than I could have anywhere else. Ive had to wait 40 mins to get someone to answer the phone but most companies have hundreds of customers a day if not more. I've had to wait more than a couple hours to be told they was out of stock. Most companies try there best to please their customers and sure out of the hundreds/thousands of them a day I'm sure someone will get upset or dissatisfied it's part of it.

|

8/4/2017 9:59 AM

Ok. You guys may think I'm crying over spilled milk here but every ordered ive placed with Albes so far has been less then satisfactory and I'm all up for supporting local shops but you have to draw a line somewhere. Shitty service is stil shitty service. I'm done with Albes and I'll stick to Dans who hasn't wronged me in the 18 years I've been shopping with them.

|

8/4/2017 10:22 AM

ambisketcherous wrote:

He's not wrong for feeling disappointed that he didn't get the headtube shape he was expecting but he is a little bitch for creating a thread to complain about and try to damage the reputation of a rider owned and operated business when the issue was not one of deceit or product quality but a cosmetic difference that as others have pointed out there is a reasonable explanation for.

Not about a coolness factor. The reason to buy from rider owned and operated company's and businesses is to support those like us. Even though you can sometimes find something for a few dollars cheaper going the superstore route, in the long run you are contributing to the dominance of the ruling class. Inescapable in real life for the most part, we shouldn't support infiltration in an aspect of life that for many of us is on some level about freedom and control.

I agree $100%. He made a post previously about how he didn't like albe's and wasn't ever gonna order from them again, and he ordered from them again. He brought it on himself. They obviously took the hourglass headtube off and replaced it just to get at him. Well, that's how he's acting anyway. Did you even contact them first before you jumped on here and started complaining? This is some childish shit. They treated me awesome and I bet you'll find more good reviews than bad about their customer service. Dan's has generic stock photos too by the way and I'm willing to bet if you'd ordered from them, the same thing would have happened.

|

8/4/2017 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 11:00 AM

I agree I may have come off a little whinny in my opening statement. But the main reason for this thread was to see if anyone else had a similar problem with this frame, and to maybe find out what the reasoning is.

|

8/4/2017 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 11:06 AM

Well I figured as soon as I read the message from Michael that even before I could look into the issue their would be a "Discussion" about it.

Here's my first replay to Michael after hearing their was an concern...

"Hey Michael,
This is a very good question. Premium (Haro) reached out to us and asked us to help move a bunch of those frames at a big discount. We were told all were v.2. I'm going to go through all the ones we have and see if any of them are different and question Haro. Can you possible send me a photo of the frame you have to sales@albes.com? I'll either get you the correct frame you want or get you refunded as I don't expect you to keep the frame if it's not the one you wanted.

thanks / sorry
"

Then I spoke to someone at Haro and learn a little more and replied again before i had even heard back from Michael.

"Hey Michael,
I spoke to a few people at Haro and got a little more info. Seems the frame you have IS a V.2. However it seems the photo they gave us is not correct. We are trying to find out if they changed the headtube mid production or if the one in the photo was just a sample that ended up as their catalog photo. That frame was designed and manufactured quite a few years ago so I'm waiting to hear back from their design guys.

Bottom line is, If we can't get get you the frame with the head tube you like I'll give you the same deal on the Volume if available.

thanks again
"

Michael was expecting a v.2 frame which he did get however the headtube is different than in the photo so I can understand why he may be bummed and I don't hold that against him. What may be no big deal to some may be a big deal to others so I reached out and tried to make Michael happy.

Please chime in and let me know if there was a better way for us to handle the situation as we are not stoked if we upset someone. We understand that no matter how hard we try we'll never make every one happy but we sincerely try our best.

--Flip

|

8/4/2017 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 11:01 AM

Generally I'm pretty sarcastic so appoligies, I read this whole thread and it seemed like you were shitting over a detail that was important to you, which I agree id be pissed to if I bought something that was not what was pictured. My issue with it is did you even give the companies 3 to 5 working days to sort you out? I'm pretty sure they will take care of you if you word a nice mature email properly about the two shapes and ask for an exchange. You also need to bear in mind that most Bmx stores basically just pick orders from a slew of warehouses. Try to email them, both them and premium but I can't see them not making the switch of its in stock and you're reasonable about it. I would be pissed to as all our money is valuable and I hope premium emails you with a happy ending.

Update that albes email came in as I posted so it looks like you're being well looked after and the above email is exactly how it should be handled. Good job albes.

|

8/4/2017 11:11 AM

ambisketcherous wrote:

this made me laugh..

|