Nwi

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2017 12:20 AM

Looking to get back into bmx after almost 15 years of not riding. Any tips on what to avoid and what to look at? I'm a heavier guy and I'm 6'2". I recently moved to the Crown Point/merrillville area and don't know any spots or any people. Also would like to film people and put together some edits. Please let me know if you can help with any of this.

|

6/8/2017 7:54 AM

You mean bike wise? Look for 100% cromoly frame, bars, fork, that's most important thing. Also double walled rims, sealed bearings everywhere. The completes with those specs are usually around 4-500$. You probably want a 21" tt since your 6'2".

|

6/8/2017 7:11 PM

Thanks for your feedback

|

6/9/2017 5:23 AM

Times have changed a lot since then. I rode back in those mid school days and even though we loved the bikes back then, they are totally different nowadays. Like mentioned above, look for full chromoly, sealed bearings, and double wall rims. That's pretty much it. There's a lot of bikes nowadays to pick from and you get what you pay for in terms of quality

|

6/9/2017 7:10 AM

Yea I dug out my old bike with the 45 tooth sprocket and the old bearings but it has seen better days lol thanks for the feedback

|

6/9/2017 12:06 PM

If you're trying to keep the cost down on a custom build just look around for parts. Sourcebmx.com has a Total Voltron v2 21.25 tt for like $220 after shipping. That's a steal. Check Ebay for wheelsets too.

I also just got back into riding after a long time off and the bikes these days are so much better and easier to ride IMO.

|