OCD

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2014 12:03 AM

So yeah.. Just went back to an OCD thread I made a good 2 years ago, and realized that it's even worse than before and I've found out certain things. Apart from having a dialed bike, things outside of that also affect my riding. I mean, I'm still sorta getting over the fact of running two differently "dated" tubes, and the fact that you have to rotate pegs to even out wear.. Anyhow, I've found that certain things on the surface I'm riding really influence me. Like I get really nervous popping spins over certain cracks in the ground, like a drain cover/lid or a ground line angled oddly, even sun-casted shadows for God's sake! I know this for a straight fact because every time I hit a smooth road, I'm in heaven and I'm barely even nervous or anything compared to me bailing due to some stupid crack in the ground that "is just weird". Anyone else deal with this stuff? Apart from that, I could go on about my general OCD; hoarding, overly-hygenic, etc.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/12/2014 12:43 AM

Duuuude I thought I was the only one. Haha my road is super cracked and I can only do tricks in this one smooth spot without any for some reason

|

9/12/2014 1:26 AM

kauaian wrote:

Duuuude I thought I was the only one. Haha my road is super cracked and I can only do tricks in this one smooth spot without ...more

Yeah, I don't know why, but for spins, cracks and stuff in the ground surface make me really uneasy. I'll tend to bail out of it or do it half-assed, unless I try my hardest not to notice the ground, which isn't easy.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/12/2014 6:22 AM

I like how every teen in this generation has OCD

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/12/2014 6:27 AM

How do you expect to progress when a crack in the road scares you? You'll roll over it. It's a bike, not a skateboard

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/12/2014 6:35 AM

Not every teen has ocd i'm perfectly fine

|

13 years old

9/12/2014 6:47 AM

Krooked wrote:

Not every teen has ocd i'm perfectly fine

No, You're just retarded.

The only thing seriously holding me back is ocd of weird angles & fear of anti hop for the most part

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/12/2014 6:49 AM

tomdon wrote:

How do you expect to progress when a crack in the road scares you? You'll roll over it. It's a bike, not a skateboard

Maybe it's because he thinks he'll break his mothers back

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/12/2014 6:51 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Fucking this.

|

9/12/2014 8:05 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Pretty much.

They all have "something" going on, whether it be OCD, ADHD, HUA (head up ass) or one of the other "medically" diagnosed thing (usually self diagnosed because they won't go to a real Dr because teens know everything).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2014 10:05 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Pretty much.

They all have "something" going on, whether it be OCD, ADHD, HUA (head up ass) or one of the other "medically" ...more

I know so many people that are constantly annoying and when i tell them that they are like "that's offensive! I have ADD/ADHD/whatever it's called.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/12/2014 10:39 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Pretty much.

They all have "something" going on, whether it be OCD, ADHD, HUA (head up ass) or one of the other "medically" ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I know so many people that are constantly annoying and when i tell them that they are like "that's offensive! I have ...more

I LOVE the South Park episode where everyone was on Ritalin, and they had a video they watched which showed the best fix for ADHD was smacking the kids to keep them in line in the classroom.

GOD I love that show.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2014 1:05 PM

None of you have a proper case of OCD. When youre terrified of not being able to perform your ritual or being able to keep clean and the voices in your head telling you something bad will happen if you dont do it.

That is OCD.

Also Dave full on agree with you, kids just need a slap up the head most of the time when it comes to "ADD"

|

9/12/2014 1:20 PM

Asians have been a complete disappointment lately... claiming you have OCD... going to art school...

|

9/12/2014 4:43 PM

In third world countries, we don't have ADD, ADHD or whatever.. if have low grades in school, you just accept the fact that you are stupid.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/12/2014 4:59 PM

one try kid wrote:

In third world countries, we don't have ADD, ADHD or whatever.. if have low grades in school, you just accept the fact that ...more

Thats how it was when I was in school

|

9/12/2014 5:21 PM

I have had teachers tell my parents to put me on ADHD meds.

|

9/12/2014 5:35 PM

Where I come from, what you have is not called OCD. It's called BEING A PUSSY!

|

9/12/2014 5:43 PM

I don't think it is necessary that everyone claims to have all these disorders. I think some people are just a little hyperactive and thats normal. Hell i was always hyperactive, distracted, and uninterested in other people's stuff. I was also probably a bit OCD about a few things, i always have been that way. You know what i call that? BEING HUMAN. Most people in elementary school thought i was definitely, a few in middle school, and not as many in high school. I remember they called my parents asking if i was.

Diagnosing ADD, ADHD, OCD, or other disorders like that is hard to make any actual sense. When a person doesn't fit the exact mold of a human being, they automatically think they have a "problem." I think some people do actually have an overactive part in their brain and i don't think its a bad thing.

And about the cracks. Get over it man. It wont mess you up.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/12/2014 5:43 PM

|

9/12/2014 6:34 PM

^^^^^^That

Also what OTK said it's not ADD your just dumb

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/12/2014 9:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2014 9:13 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

None of you have a proper case of OCD. When youre terrified of not being able to perform your ritual or being able to keep ...more

i really dont care about my bike as long as it doesnt creak
my "rituals" are under control now, but seriously people have no idea what ocd actually is anymore

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/12/2014 9:28 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

None of you have a proper case of OCD. When youre terrified of not being able to perform your ritual or being able to keep ...more

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i really dont care about my bike as long as it doesnt creak
my "rituals" are under control now, but seriously people have no ...more

At least your a properly diagnosed person, who also understands what i'm getting at. Being bothered by things creaking on your bike to the point of tedium is being anal, not an actual disorder. Sometimes i don't think people know the difference.

|

9/12/2014 9:48 PM

Not OCD, but like you I have that problem where the tiniest things about a spot will fuck with my head. For instance, there's 2 handrails nearly identical to each other at this one spot. Both a 7 stair, both good run up and good landing, only difference is the one has a crack in the sidewalk before it. I've done the one, but I refuse to do that one just because of that crack and the very slightly unevenness right after the crack. Stuff like that just fucks with my head but it's not due to being a pussy, because I did one of the rails and not the other solely because of the crack.

|

9/12/2014 11:29 PM

For my bike i have to run the same tire front and back. But i have ocd. If i lock my car i have to walk around it and check every door, and then ill walk like 3 feet and turn around and lock it again and sometimes i go check it again. At work i lock my locker and then have to check it like 3 times and same when i lock my house, ill have to check all the doors. Then on my dresser and tool chest, everything has its own spot, and it annoys me if something is missing or in the wrong place. Its annoying to deal with but i am getting better.

|

9/13/2014 12:19 AM

holy shit. I cannot imagine living like that. Yopu need some therapy or something. A crack int he ground? REALLY?

FUYUCK THE GUFKING CRANCK INT HE GRIOUNDS BUNNYHOP THAT BITCH HOE.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/13/2014 8:51 AM

Not OCD, your just picky and anal

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

9/13/2014 3:19 PM

I have similar problems. I always grouped it as a mix of other things.

Cant ride most street because a bump here, or a slope there. crooked edges,etc. Its easier to do a 180 over a line on the ground that over nothing.. The environment affects the riding bigtime..

Went crazy over rattles a few weeks ago. Turns out 2 or 3 different pieces of hanging metal broke loose inside the frame when I was hammering my new spindle in. Nearly went crazy not realizing i had pieces rattling in the stay crossmembers, top tube,etc.

|

In midschool bike rides you.

9/13/2014 9:55 PM

When I learn a trick flat I have to make sure I do it in the same area where I landed it or I can't land it anywhere else.

Placebo effect

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/13/2014 10:16 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

When I learn a trick flat I have to make sure I do it in the same area where I landed it or I can't land it anywhere else.

...more

I don't think you understand what the placebo effect is

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5