ODI GRIP QUESTION

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2011 12:11 AM

right now im running cult dehart grips and they are starting to wear down and i dont even ride hard and im looking into buying new grips i never ridden odi grips and i was wondering what is every thoughts on them like i wanna know how long do they last the feel of them and can you grip them good things like that

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

9/11/2011 12:23 AM

they last long but they're really short

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

9/11/2011 12:24 AM

i was never a fan until i got them and tried them out for real. there good grips, theyre comfortable, dont make your hands sweat that much, and they last long.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

9/11/2011 12:30 AM

i read a review on here that i shouldnt run them if i have bars with width bigger then 27 and running sunday tall-t bars with 28.5 width

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

9/11/2011 12:54 AM

Truth: They're just about as long as every other grip. It's almost the standard grip in BMX. They're comfortable, durable, big enough for my hands and some extra room, breathable and quick drying, stiff but not too much so... They're basically the best grip I've ever ridden.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

9/11/2011 12:56 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

i read a review on here that i shouldnt run them if i have bars with width bigger then 27 and running sunday tall-t bars with 28.5 width

who cares? why would you listen to that bullshit.

|

9/11/2011 1:06 AM

there nice, a little on the thick side imo but still feel good. They last hella long also.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

9/11/2011 1:13 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

who cares? why would you listen to that bullshit.

im not listening i was just stating something i read im still gonna try them out cause alot of my friends run them and so do alot of pros do

|

9/11/2011 2:08 AM

they have lasted me 8 months and are still going strong.

|

9/11/2011 9:03 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

That is stupid. Whoever wrote that review is a moron. They are like 145 mm long (pretty average for grips), your hands stay drier because of the shaping of the grip (sweat evaporates well), and they are grippy. They last quite a while if you don't throw your bike etc. I have a set that I bought like 9 months ago on a set of bars I just swapped out. The ONLY issue I have found is that some of the colors end up tacky after a while. My red set started to, black ones are good to go. Just got some teal grips and they aren't bad yet.

My bars are 8X28 and I run them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/11/2011 10:27 AM

I have 30x8.5 and they;re perfect. I've never run anything but ODIs and I never will. If you think they will be to short, get the XLs.

|

9/11/2011 10:42 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

thats dumb, youll just have a wide grip, my friend had em on 30.5 wide bars and it felt so wierd to me beacuse your hands are so far apart, but he was ok with it

if you think u might have that "too wide" feeling get ODI XLs

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

9/11/2011 10:46 AM

Warchol2 wrote:

thats dumb, youll just have a wide grip, my friend had em on 30.5 wide bars and it felt so wierd to me beacuse your hands are so far apart, but he was ok with it

if you think u might have that "too wide" feeling get ODI XLs

if you have that "too wide" feeling, you should get smaller bars...

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

9/11/2011 10:48 AM

Chris_Pendlebury wrote:

if you have that "too wide" feeling, you should get smaller bars...

could..

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

9/11/2011 11:00 AM

Their great grips, mine lasted for 7 months before it got some bad wear then i had to replace them. If you get Odi's don't get the ones with the "O" pattern on it, when your hands get sweaty they don't feel good.

|

9/11/2011 11:02 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

i have them n i have stolen cell bars 8.25 28.5 n therre [erfect

|

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||___
| THE SEX TRUCK |||""'|""\___,_
|_____________ l||__|__|__|
(@)@)"""""""**(@)(@)**|(@)

refs:TCBMX

9/11/2011 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2011 11:11 AM

best grips you will EVER find, anyone that says anything bad about them, either hasn't run them, or they got colored ones (which apparently aren't as good as black ones) mine lasted well over a year and the only reason i switched them out for a new pair is cause they had a couples holes in them, but that was only from falling or bailing...my hands also never get sweaty with them, but whenever im running any other grip they always seem extremely slippery due to sweat

GET THEM

edit: your talking about longnecks right?

|

9/11/2011 12:16 PM

if u dont want to spend 10 to 15 dallors a month on grips and u want a good pair get odis they last for ever i no people that run em and they r just starten to wear after 2 + years of riding every day hard

|

9/11/2011 12:21 PM

i switched to the odi lock on grips with the lock on S&Ms......best grips ever im never switching back to regular grips.....no grips moving inward on the bars ever again and they feel great

|

9/11/2011 12:32 PM

i personally dont like the stiffness, but they are great grips. im a softy guy like dk tsukas, but they just dont last. blew threw kink deltas, and dk tsuckas in a week. pissed

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/11/2011 1:13 PM

last forever comfprtable i love them theyve been around forever

|

9/11/2011 1:15 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

they last long but they're really short

ther an average length there not short unless u barspin

|

9/11/2011 2:01 PM

ODI's are probably the best grips on the market. I just bought a pair yesterday. I love them. They are really durable, they are the perfect size, and they have really good grip. I think the second best grips are Animal Edwins or Odyssey Cufflink grips. Those both really good also.

|