OG s&m BTM tire clearance

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2016 10:26 PM

Anyone know what it is? about to order dark chocolate, sand or may play it safe with black in 2.25 but they inflate to 2.28 and Im hoping that they'll have a decent amount of clearance but I feel like it will be extremely tight. I don't have many options for tires these days it seems especially being in canada and not wanting to wait 2 weeks plus for dans comp lol. Was looking at 2.10 s&m speedballs front and back (2.24 inflated), 2.3 fit faf's (2.2 inflated), 2.3 fireballs (2.2 inflated), United U slick 2.20 (inflated 2.24), united direct 2.10's (2.19 inflated),

Any suggetions? Was running a KHE dirt 2.125 with some room before but i cannot find its inflated width anywhere so I'm lost. I apologize for another fucking tire thread but tires these days are stupid. Is everyone running 2015/2016 frames and forks? Lol my older pitchfork xl's dont have much space with my 2.125 KHE dirt front lol

|

5/24/2016 10:48 PM

I had a pair of fit faf 2.3's on my old cam wood frame and pitchfork xlt's, they fit fine even with slight buckles to both wheels. You should be OK with that kind of width

|

5/25/2016 3:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2016 3:20 AM

You're best bet is to contact S&M and ask for the FIRST edition BTM clearance . I'm guessing 2.25 will fit but it won't have too much space , not slammed but if you're wheel isn't true and you land 90 and your wheel shifts in your dropouts it will probably rub . BSD tires get pretty big .

I'm like 70% certain that BTM was designed for a 2.3 before 2.4 and up blew up so I'd aim for anything 2.8 and under inflated to be safe , or run a fatter tire up front and a thin one to compensate . Honestly nothing pisses me off more than getting a tire and the thing runs half the time , my speedball in the rear did (2.4) so I went to a 2.25 with a shit rim untrue as fuck and it's awesome now

Btw didn't mean to sound like a cunt on your last post , I probably was having a shit day at work and sounded like a little bitch that one time , my bad yo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/25/2016 9:15 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You're best bet is to contact S&M and ask for the FIRST edition BTM clearance . I'm guessing 2.25 will fit but it won't ...more

Thanks dude, I figured. I measured with a ruler and slammed the chain stays are 55mm lol so Im going to need a 2.15 or smaller for sure. Hard to find these days!

|

5/25/2016 11:12 AM

All the tires you listed above should fit fine. I'm not 100% on the Eclat tires, but they should be good too.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/25/2016 3:35 PM

transition_chris wrote:

All the tires you listed above should fit fine. I'm not 100% on the Eclat tires, but they should be good too.

Thanks dude! Im probably going to be ordering a set of s&m speedballs 2.10 or maybe some fit faf-k 2.3's once the 2.10 fit faf I ended up scooping today at my LBS wears out off transition. From my research I see you and a few others have been digging the speedballs. Also will be ordering a set of those 1664 good ol cranks soon. Thanks again for the help

|