OMG BEST IDEA CAME TO MY HEAD!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2013 9:34 PM

You have dual lower gyro cables right?

It should be possible to use a london mod... and use two STRAIGHT high quality single cables and make dual cables shouldn't it? Essentially the same thing isn't it? Just attatch the barrels?

|

5/28/2013 9:36 PM

Too much work haha

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

5/28/2013 9:46 PM

SickDude wrote:

Too much work haha

Actually, it's pretty easy to be honest, take the cable out of the sleeving/housing, take off the cable ends, cut down the tubing and cables (could probably get two cable housing from 1, cut down 1 cable and solder the end to make two cables the same length!)

Then just put a barrel on the cable, add the housing end, put the cable into the housing, add a knarp, and you have a gyro cable...

Would take roughly 20 mins max to make 4 cables haha

|

5/28/2013 10:34 PM

I have actually done that, it's like it right now, but instead of replacing the ends, I filed them down so they fit the Gyro.

|

5/28/2013 10:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2013 10:55 PM

m2 cables are awesome. With the use of a london mod, you can use any cables for lower ones. If you really want to, you could use mtb shifter cables. They fit perfectly in the gyro, however they stretch a bit more and are not as think so they break a lot easier.
In my opinion, dual cables is the way to go regarding gyro. Its more effective and if you set it up right, if you shift your wheel in your frame in a accident due to not doing your axle nuts tight enough, you could dial one brake calliper out and dial the other one in more so its still ride-able. Kind of the same if you buckle your wheel and it rubs.

|

5/29/2013 10:51 AM

Its been done before

|

It’s all bmx

5/29/2013 11:02 AM

Yup its been done by ALOT of gyro riders over the years. If you really want high quality twin upper cables get an Odyssey M2 Lever/Cable System.

|