OSS Clothing sold at Zumiez

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2018 9:27 PM

lol any thoughts?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/23/2018 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2018 9:44 PM

If they can make more money with it good for them , they at least throw bmx street jams and give shit away to kids riding bikes , the whole we should be broke and cheap and “making money is lame” attitude in bmx sucks, the more people spending money at a store like zumiez the more money braught in to bmx for them the better

Compare it to other sports like surfing, snowboarding, skating even motocross all those sports went to big mainstream companies and made money and grew leaving bmx behind

Just to throw salt on wounds to all the hardcore bmxers who hate it , even little devil was sold at hot topic at one point

|

9/23/2018 11:40 PM

Who gives a shit, oss was never cool anyway.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/24/2018 1:43 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Who gives a shit, oss was never cool anyway.

I'm gonna have to agree.

|

9/24/2018 4:24 AM

Much as I like Alfrado the rest of them seem like they are too busy with pot to do anything. Never been a fan of any rider but Alfrado.

|

9/24/2018 6:01 AM

Its Zumiez, so there's my thought. That store, besides having a couch with a playstation and games in it when it first came on the scene, hasn't been about any particular sport in general. It's much more about image than anything else.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/24/2018 6:08 AM

Anyone know how to "mall grab" a bike?

|

9/24/2018 6:18 AM

i can't remember the last time i bought something at zumiez. support your local bike/skate shop instead

|

fack off

9/24/2018 8:41 AM

Zumiez is solid for places that don't have shops. In college they had sweet 2 for 1 vans deals when I skated, and they always carried toy machine.

But aside from that, they really are taking a large portion away in sales from companies. If I buy anything there it's shoes, because vans loses the same amount as it would if it was in a skate shop. As far as OSS, I wouldn't even give my money to them directly, let alone a fraction of it by buying in store.

Fundamentally in terms of quality, OSS doesn't offer anything that I couldn't get from a local shop, crew, or even bigger company like S&M or FBM.

|

Come back with a warrant.

9/24/2018 12:08 PM

Posers of both sports unite

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/24/2018 1:32 PM

OSS; probably doing more damage to the bmx community than any other company. You won’t see that stuff on my bike.

|

9/24/2018 4:16 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

OSS; probably doing more damage to the bmx community than any other company. You won’t see that stuff on my bike.

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

|

9/25/2018 8:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

Yup, between this and all the publicity they bring to BMX with their videos & vlogs they are doing a lot for the sport

|

9/25/2018 5:55 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

OSS; probably doing more damage to the bmx community than any other company. You won’t see that stuff on my bike.

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

Swaggy P wrote:

Yup, between this and all the publicity they bring to BMX with their videos & vlogs they are doing a lot for the sport

The publicity is where they hurt bmx.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/25/2018 8:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

Swaggy P wrote:

Yup, between this and all the publicity they bring to BMX with their videos & vlogs they are doing a lot for the sport

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The publicity is where they hurt bmx.

But I loved jumping the homeless Eric cartman style that was great

I’ve jumped over a few unsuspecting skaters who where in the way of my line before a few times , they shit their pants it’s quite funny , haven’t jumped a homeless yet myself , probably going to stop doing that though better not test my luck and accidentally kill someone one day

|

9/26/2018 8:27 AM

I buy shoes and skateboard wheels there and they are super nice to my kids with stickers and stuff at our local Zumies. Never heard of OSS, cant be bothered to look them up now.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork

9/26/2018 8:45 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

OSS; probably doing more damage to the bmx community than any other company. You won’t see that stuff on my bike.

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

dude that runs it (adam22 right) looks like a fucking douchebag

|

fack off

9/26/2018 9:17 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

dude that runs it (adam22 right) looks like a fucking douchebag

Looks like? He is the proto-douche.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/26/2018 10:37 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

adamnmexican wrote:

dude that runs it (adam22 right) looks like a fucking douchebag

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Looks like? He is the proto-douche.

That's what i was gonna say, he doesn't look, he IS

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/26/2018 11:18 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

OSS; probably doing more damage to the bmx community than any other company. You won’t see that stuff on my bike.

eskimojay wrote:

Explain ? They’re not my style that’s forsure but doing damage , all they do is go around and have street jams getting dudes out together riding and constantly throwing free parts and clothes to them , I don’t see how that’s so harmful

adamnmexican wrote:

dude that runs it (adam22 right) looks like a fucking douchebag

Pretty sure Alfredo mancuso runs it and Adam just interviews d list rapper with Down syndrome for some podcast in the back

|

9/26/2018 2:25 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Pretty sure Alfredo mancuso runs it and Adam just interviews d list rapper with Down syndrome for some podcast in the back

Nah they're both owners i believe..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/26/2018 2:39 PM

They both have money in it. But I'm sure Alfredo is keeping it afloat while Adam is too bust doing drugs, interviewing "musicians" and making adult movies staring himself and some hoes he found on the street corner.

|

9/26/2018 4:35 PM

As much as I despise Zumies, i think its a good thing. So is OSS. What? Because they behave recklessly n do drugs n all that shit? So what? Nobody really likes that clean cut goodboy image. No one is out there “oh that looks like a delightful sport full of charming young christian men. Let me go get a bike and start right now”. People wanna see crazy wrecks, dudes lit on fire, drunken debauchery, fat ass blunts, slooters shaking booty n all that other scummy stuff young cats attracted to extreme sports like. Sure, theres plenty of clean image dudes that kill it, and there is definitely nothing wrong with being like that. But the opposite is also true and in my little opinion, i think scene policing hurts more than someone hitting a bong in their video part.

|

9/26/2018 6:33 PM

i bought a little devil shirt at zumiez in like 2002 i still have it

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/26/2018 7:35 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

As much as I despise Zumies, i think its a good thing. So is OSS. What? Because they behave recklessly n do drugs n all that shit? So what? Nobody really likes that clean cut goodboy image. No one is out there “oh that looks like a delightful sport full of charming young christian men. Let me go get a bike and start right now”. People wanna see crazy wrecks, dudes lit on fire, drunken debauchery, fat ass blunts, slooters shaking booty n all that other scummy stuff young cats attracted to extreme sports like. Sure, theres plenty of clean image dudes that kill it, and there is definitely nothing wrong with being like that. But the opposite is also true and in my little opinion, i think scene policing hurts more than someone hitting a bong in their video part.

OSS is just made to appeal to edgy suburban kids who listen to shitty SoundCloud rap and think they’re thugs because they listen to that shit and smoke weed. Plenty of people like the more clean cut image. Ruben Alcantara himself said he’d like to see less weed/drugs in bmx media. bmx wouldn’t miss half the kids OSS has attracted. Trying to be edgy when you’re as old as adam22 is just wack lmao

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/26/2018 7:46 PM

Adam22 has a god complex. Anyone as up their own ass as he is automatically makes me despise them and anything they're involved in. Blatantly promoting the use of drugs is shitty. Yeah it might be cool to some people, but the more you make it seem like a normal thing to do, the more young kids will assume it is normal, or even expected of them.
alex33 is much cooler

|

9/26/2018 9:04 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

As much as I despise Zumies, i think its a good thing. So is OSS. What? Because they behave recklessly n do drugs n all that shit? So what? Nobody really likes that clean cut goodboy image. No one is out there “oh that looks like a delightful sport full of charming young christian men. Let me go get a bike and start right now”. People wanna see crazy wrecks, dudes lit on fire, drunken debauchery, fat ass blunts, slooters shaking booty n all that other scummy stuff young cats attracted to extreme sports like. Sure, theres plenty of clean image dudes that kill it, and there is definitely nothing wrong with being like that. But the opposite is also true and in my little opinion, i think scene policing hurts more than someone hitting a bong in their video part.

Four wrote:

OSS is just made to appeal to edgy suburban kids who listen to shitty SoundCloud rap and think they’re thugs because they listen to that shit and smoke weed. Plenty of people like the more clean cut image. Ruben Alcantara himself said he’d like to see less weed/drugs in bmx media. bmx wouldn’t miss half the kids OSS has attracted. Trying to be edgy when you’re as old as adam22 is just wack lmao

I can dig it. I def find it annoying and cringey, but it brings money and a spotlight to the sport. BMX needs exposure. We don’t have to hang out with them. I’ll never forget when I was roasting some surf poseur n my friend was like “why? dudes like him are the reason your board has carbon parabolic rails, your shorts stretch to your toes, and contests pay 20x what they used to” and its true

|

9/27/2018 3:08 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

As much as I despise Zumies, i think its a good thing. So is OSS. What? Because they behave recklessly n do drugs n all that shit? So what? Nobody really likes that clean cut goodboy image. No one is out there “oh that looks like a delightful sport full of charming young christian men. Let me go get a bike and start right now”. People wanna see crazy wrecks, dudes lit on fire, drunken debauchery, fat ass blunts, slooters shaking booty n all that other scummy stuff young cats attracted to extreme sports like. Sure, theres plenty of clean image dudes that kill it, and there is definitely nothing wrong with being like that. But the opposite is also true and in my little opinion, i think scene policing hurts more than someone hitting a bong in their video part.

Four wrote:

OSS is just made to appeal to edgy suburban kids who listen to shitty SoundCloud rap and think they’re thugs because they listen to that shit and smoke weed. Plenty of people like the more clean cut image. Ruben Alcantara himself said he’d like to see less weed/drugs in bmx media. bmx wouldn’t miss half the kids OSS has attracted. Trying to be edgy when you’re as old as adam22 is just wack lmao

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

I can dig it. I def find it annoying and cringey, but it brings money and a spotlight to the sport. BMX needs exposure. We don’t have to hang out with them. I’ll never forget when I was roasting some surf poseur n my friend was like “why? dudes like him are the reason your board has carbon parabolic rails, your shorts stretch to your toes, and contests pay 20x what they used to” and its true

So when city council is having public meetings about starting a new bike/ skatepark in your local neighborhood, and the public starts YouTubing bmx online they will come across OSS and their videos. Their videos are some of the most popular. They are the first to show up on search engines, Hell I can’t do a BMX video search without their videos showing up. Many of theirs with millions of views. soon as the public sees the debachary, drugs, etc etc the last thing they will want is a bike park in their neighborhood. I know if I lived in a nice suburban neighborhood I’d research the shit out of bmx then that crap and decide real quick I want my neighborhood to have nothing to do with bmx anything.

I’m not as closed minded and I realize they don’t represent the majority but sadly their online presence is so huge it’s would be hard as an outsider not to think all BMXer’s are that way especially with such an overwhelming online presence and following.

|

9/27/2018 7:09 AM

OSS doesn't even have its own YouTube channel. It's all hosted on The Come Up. The biggest BMX video channels are Adam LZ, Scotty Cranmer, Austin Augie & Billy Perry, none of which promote drug use. And what is the thing you hear most about these guys on this board? "Yeah AdamLZ/Austin Augie is corny". People will always have something to complain about.

OSS is based in a state where marijuana is legal, so they're not doing anything wrong. I think they do plenty for the sport and I'm glad that we have some brands that provide an alternative to the boring clean-cut image of brands like Odyssey, WTP or FBM.

|

9/27/2018 7:18 AM

Swaggy P wrote:

OSS doesn't even have its own YouTube channel. It's all hosted on The Come Up. The biggest BMX video channels are Adam LZ, Scotty Cranmer, Austin Augie & Billy Perry, none of which promote drug use. And what is the thing you hear most about these guys on this board? "Yeah AdamLZ/Austin Augie is corny". People will always have something to complain about.

OSS is based in a state where marijuana is legal, so they're not doing anything wrong. I think they do plenty for the sport and I'm glad that we have some brands that provide an alternative to the boring clean-cut image of brands like Odyssey, WTP or FBM.

With a basic BMX search on Google, you're probably more likely to find someone family friendly, such as Seth's Bike Hacks, or maybe even a Redbull channel. While youtube favors stuff differently, the Google search isn't going to put Vlogs or age-restricted content up first.

Legal or not, Marijuana has a huge moral complex with people, some are fine with it, but a lot of people aren't.

|

Come back with a warrant.