OSS Image + Adam22 (Decent Read)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2014 9:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2014 10:05 PM

This is probaly gonna start a war and be on TCU but..

Starting off , I see OSS everywhere. Frankly The Come Up and Vital have bad history (Which I only vaguely know about) but it seems Vital's content is waayy better and faster then TCU.

About the image. To each his own . But OSS and Adam22 , on MY opinion , seem to give BMX a more negative , "bad boy" troublemaker image. Yes , we cause mischief , but making bikers seem like druggies and street thugs never makes the sport seem good. On that topic , I hate weed/marijuana involved in biking and skateboarding because it's a fucking PLANT and has literally nothing to do with BMX besides kids doing it to be "cool". I want to see BIKING not BLAZING in edits so that alone is why I don't like TCU ! Yes if you smoke weed fine but don't force it on people through media. Soooo many kids , me including , get inspired by edits such as the recent Brandon Begin and Stevie Churchill edits. If I was younger I'd definately want to be like them so I'd be negatively influenced by wanting to do marijuana.

As with the edits themselves , I'm sick of all the gayest fucking sterotypical "black music". Not trying to be racist but most edits have shitty ass "fuck bitches get money" theme and now recently the trippy rap / electro music is slightly better (I like Bones) but it isn't my thing. (Stevie edit music). Just because you can put on some street music doesn't make you some hard shit . Half of it doesn't even suite the riding. I'd much rather stick with underground rap / older rap that had influence on the skateboarding/ biking scene instead of this gay rap nowadays.

Every clip by TCU is cut super short and most edits like Instagram Slams are WAAYY heavily cut and pasted. Basically , too many clip after clip after clip. It's like every word that Adam says has to be a separate clip. It SUCKS and with the trash , unsuitable music makes the edits unappealing.

I can add on but that's my start. I'm gonna get in shit by this fosho. It may seem like hate but consider it more as "constructive critism". Bottom line , I respect BMX and we're all family but make it appealing for everyone so more of the little audience can get into a lifestyle without the negative, sterotypical imaging that is more prodominant in BMX.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/22/2014 10:07 PM

Also lol.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/22/2014 10:20 PM

Them smoking pot reminds me of the kids in my middle/high school who used to stand just inches off school property every morning to smoke a cig and stare at everyone walking by like they think they're the coolest people ever. I mean it's his shit & he can post whatever the hell he wants but I do agree it's annoying and a bad influence on kids.

I heavily agree with the music thing though, every time an OSS edit drops I always mute the video. I watched "Ruin Your Whole Summer" completely mute after halfway through the second song. Shit's fucking garbage.

|

5/22/2014 10:46 PM

I usually mute videos in their that's just not what I'm into

|

5/22/2014 10:46 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Them smoking pot reminds me of the kids in my middle/high school who used to stand just inches off school property every morning to smoke a cig and stare at everyone walking by like they think they're the coolest people ever. I mean it's his shit & he can post whatever the hell he wants but I do agree it's annoying and a bad influence on kids.

I heavily agree with the music thing though, every time an OSS edit drops I always mute the video. I watched "Ruin Your Whole Summer" completely mute after halfway through the second song. Shit's fucking garbage.

With ruin your whole summer, I watched the first part in mute then realized it wasn't worth the bother watching the whole thing in mute so I've never watched most of the rest of it.

I agree with most of what you said in the first post. As for the vital thing, I'm pretty sure Adam22 dislikes the fact that people use sites other than TCU, especially considering he hates Ride UK and I think Ride US as well.

|

5/23/2014 2:44 AM

In before some "holier than thou" asshole tell everyone in this thread that they're clueless about weed.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/23/2014 3:46 AM

My Mansion Sits On 40 Acres!
Who Da Neighbour?
Kobe Bryant From Da Lakers!
Now Das Paper!

That song was utterly retarded, the guy didn't even Rap he just spoke slightly faster than if I was to meet up with one of You Guys on the street!!!

I like Adam, He's nowhere near as bad as some of You lot make Him out to be! I also know for a FACT he doesn't give a Flying Fuck what anyone on the Internet thinks of Him & He has fun Fucking with people!

Did You know Adam22 is a drug taking Satanist addicted to self mutilation with needles?! (^That's My negative comment vaguely based around truth!^)

I'm not going to say anything in this thread after this, so take what I've said & run wild for all I care LoL.

|

5/23/2014 4:07 AM

Adam has done well for himself and built a solid brand.

Not everyone agrees with the whole glorifying weed mentality, I personally don't. But each to their own. It's the same in every sport/scene it's like someone said. It's a bit like a school yard, you have your cliques and they have theirs.

Just do your own thing and don't follow anything you're not comfortable with.

|

5/23/2014 4:28 AM

Why do people care so much about the bmx scene in this forum? Skaters been doing these types of edits for years and still have a strong image today. Complaining about the music? Its not your edit. Why would someone put music that "You" like? If i was making an edit i would put music that i like and wouldn't care on what others have to say. Forcing weed through media? They are just smoking and riding whats the big deal? Influencing kids to smoke? Thats the kids problem to make that choice. OSS shouldn't have any responsibility for these kids decisions. Same goes with lil wayne, drake and all them rappers.

|

5/23/2014 4:38 AM

If you don't like it don't watch it, go watch some Flybikes edits or something, the clues in the titles "on some shit" & " the come up" are both are drug references, if your not into drug culture why visit that site, there are plenty of bmx companies and blogs that don't highlight that aspect of their lifestyle.

Why not start your own straight edge bmx blog and do something about it if you care so much.

But seriously stop hating on other peoples freedom of choice, bmx doesn't belong to you, it attracts characters from all walks of life, and every part of it, good and bad needs to be expressed and documented in order for the sport & lifestyle to continue to evolve.

Or.....just ride ya bike!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/23/2014 4:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 5:17 AM

Collateral BMX Blog!

Really, really great blog honestly. Denny Pascasio posts, Tom from Empire has a hand in it too! Good Shit from good people!

I lied, I came back to be helpful!

|

5/23/2014 5:53 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

Why do people care so much about the bmx scene in this forum? Skaters been doing these types of edits for years and still have a strong image today. Complaining about the music? Its not your edit. Why would someone put music that "You" like? If i was making an edit i would put music that i like and wouldn't care on what others have to say. Forcing weed through media? They are just smoking and riding whats the big deal? Influencing kids to smoke? Thats the kids problem to make that choice. OSS shouldn't have any responsibility for these kids decisions. Same goes with lil wayne, drake and all them rappers.

I agree with you, but you lost me when you said Lil Wayne was a rapper..

|

5/23/2014 5:57 AM

Seriously, I don't think Vital puts out much good stuff. This forum here is flooded with idiots and the only part why I'm coming here sometimes is for Zach's videos really.

|

5/23/2014 6:22 AM

You posted your opinion which you're entitled to. As are they.And I agree with you for the most part.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/23/2014 7:07 AM

I don't mind the weed stuff. I don't smoke, but whatever. Doesn't bother me.

Glad that adam has gone pretty far with his thing. People seem into it.

What I don't care for is the whole fashion vibe I get. OSS screams the words "white goofy thug" to me. Not only that, all adam does is name drop and talk about the most pointless shit that's related to bmx.

And lastly, churchills riding bores the shit out of me.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

5/23/2014 9:47 AM

Fuck OSS.
One reason I ever touched the shit was because of them, I'm one of the few who didn't care for it and quit, imagine how many riders are getting into weed and then tell friends and pass it on to other people getting more and more riders into it.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/23/2014 9:57 AM

weed is legal where I live....

|

5/23/2014 10:18 AM

howlerfbm wrote:

What I don't care for is the whole fashion vibe I get. OSS screams the words "white goofy thug" to me. Not only that, all adam does is name drop and talk about the most pointless shit that's related to bmx.

I agree, but you have to give lil Stevie credit for trucking el toro the other day.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/23/2014 10:35 AM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Fuck OSS.
One reason I ever touched the shit was because of them, I'm one of the few who didn't care for it and quit, imagine how many riders are getting into weed and then tell friends and pass it on to other people getting more and more riders into it.

That's your problem not theirs, you can't go round blaming other people for choices you've made. That's just dumb.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/23/2014 10:39 AM

To be honest the threads are slow lately and I made this to spice it up.

I don't mind TCU I actually subscribed to both youtube accounts. I like the stickers made by On Some Shit too.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/23/2014 11:17 AM

howlerfbm wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

I agree, but you have to give lil Stevie credit for trucking el toro the other day.

oh absolutely. that certainly takes guts and skill that i dont have, but something about the way he rides just screams "x-games only" to me. maybe ill catch a lot of hate for saying that because hes on top of the game right now, but yeah. theres like 25 other riders id rather watch. hes talented, but his stuff doesnt hit me.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

5/23/2014 12:48 PM

Different websites for different audiences... Simple as that.

|

5/23/2014 1:10 PM

The way i look at it is if a kid starts smoking weed because of OSS they are weak minded, can't think for themselves, and easily influenced by everything they see. For those type of people if it isn't OSS it will definitely be something else. From a young age i saw all the drug stuff in skating, hearing it in music, friends doing it, and I never once got the urge to do it just because I thought it was "cool". I'll admit I did smoke weed when I was 18 but it was just me looking for something natural to calm my anxiety, i was quiet about it and after a few times found out it wasn't for me and quit.

|

5/23/2014 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 4:51 PM

If I met the Adam character I'd have a bike sesh drink some beer and smoke a doob with the guy probably be some interesting conversations going on to.....it's riding kids bikes and having a good time ....bmx has gotten so full of itself and worried about image people taking it and themselves way to seriously....makes me miss the days when you'd hear about riders like Jeff Harrington, people were individuals and no one gave a fuck if you partied hard or didn't as long as you showed up and rode and had a good time ...far to many posers I see at parks these days who blab on about what parts or bike they have or who's cool and who's not yet don't have the time of day to realize their sitting on their bike all day at the park doing nothing with complete lack of riding skill yet will criticize everyone else first chance they get ..... Who cares if the weed image gets pushed by some riders ...weed was and is in some places outlawed, rules are made to be broken and things like that get blown up , if your not into it then shut the fuck up and ignore it, having weed debate threads on here every god damn week makes you people just as annoying and stupid looking as what your trying to criticize

|

5/23/2014 5:50 PM

Good to see people being passionate about their opinions

At the end of the day it's BMX so that's all that matters.

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/23/2014 6:13 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

Different websites for different audiences... Simple as that.

Aren't you on the oss team? I've wondered why you never chimed in on these threads.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/24/2014 2:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2014 2:03 AM

Bmx is becoming like a girl in high school, concentrating on its image when nobody give a fuck. And everyone goes sick about weed shit, and I barely even notice that shit. Between brandon begins and stevies oss vids, I think I saw a spliff once? Not really pushing weed if you ask me. Now can everyone stop talking about it? Atleast every week someone makes this thread, its soo fuckin old now. If you don't like him, GREAT. when you make threads like this I just think 'man the fuck up and stop bitchin, nobody gives a fuck about your opinion'.
But this is just an opinion.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/25/2014 8:53 AM

Ya these butthurt anti weed kids need to shut the fuck up and smoke a joint and relax

|

5/25/2014 11:37 AM

weed is still awesome

|

5/25/2014 2:37 PM

|

My Cult 2 Short