Oakley Grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2018 7:12 PM

So riding last night, this dude had the most amazing grips I have ever used in my life. He said they were “Oakley Octopus” but when I searched for some, theyre actually called Oakley B1-B. They were extremely grippy when sweaty and just felt nice. I know they are discontinued and expensive as heck, but is there any company using the same or similar rubber compound? The pattern was kickass too and felt nice but I’m not holding my breath for anyone to copy that lol.

|

9/24/2018 5:07 AM

Those grips are SUPER old! I'm talking mid 80's old. I don't know who would be making anything close these days (as far as rubber compound, etc...). I honestly don't think as much thought goes into grips as back in the day. Back then you have two serious choices... Oakley or ODI Mushrooms. Both crossovers from Motocross. Today, I'm sure it is much like most of BMX, some company in China is pumping out the same grips with different company names.

|

9/24/2018 8:11 AM

Dont forget Ame Tri grips from that period.

|

9/24/2018 10:05 AM

Helijames wrote:

Dont forget Ame Tri grips from that period.

You bet! Thanx for the reminder! I was thinking I was forgetting one & couldn't remember so I thought maybe it was just me. NOPE! Can't forget the Ame grips.

|