Ocd. Can't make my mind up. Help!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2018 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 1:08 PM

As some of you are probably aware, I'm pretty particular about my bike. I managed to get a pair of madera lhd celestial hubs pretty cheap so I could go lefty. But, I really don't like the shape, so want to get a nice matching pair. The obvious solution would be to get a hub the same as my current rhd hub, which matches the front (profile totem), but they haven't been made for a few years and no one has it (including profile or profile Europe). Which leaves me thinking: I just ride what I've got and stop caring (but ocd), or pick a different pair of hubs.

I'm by no means rich. But I reckon I could sell the madera hubs, and profile totems, for very close to the cost of a new pair.

Odyssey antigram is my second choice of hubs. Plus it's switchable. And I can trade a pair of profile cranks for twombolts with a friend (curing another ocd. Hubs and cranks must match!). Problem solved. Nearly. The front antigram has the same etching as the old rear antigram....... Now, I could also do some kind of trade with a friend for a vandero 2. But that's still not a matching pair. Although it does look nicer than the front antigram.....

My real second choice (above antigrams) is g sport. They're just rad. But really hard to come across now (bonus points that they'd match my rims. But points deducted because g sport don't make cranks?). So antigrams are second by default.

I can't think of any other hubs I really want. Maybe mini's? But I'm bored of the machining on them.

Also. If I stick with profile, I'd have to get new cranks (again, ocd. I've got a gusset woodstock adapter, which is a rad little bolt on spline drive thing. But I'd want lhd specific cranks ideally).

Then there's the odyssey excalibur cranks. Switchable so if I get bored of lhd, it's super easy to swap back to rhd. But a sprocket boss on both arms? Hmmmmmm.........

Sorry for the wall if text. Just trying to make my mind up and typing it out makes the choices clearer in my head.

I'm forgetting about the z coaster. Just too expensive, and I'm too old to waste time getting used to stuff XD

Wha?

View Results

|

9/1/2018 1:27 PM

I used to be extremely OCD as well. But now i have mismatched rims, a white rear hub and a black front hub... so yeah....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/1/2018 1:48 PM

Hmm idk. I've had all those hubs the antigram. A bunch of minis and now have maderas. The maderas are brand new and the back sounds like shit and is destroyed threading wise lmao. I bought them new in July and dont ride drive side pegs. It sounds mostly like your struggle is aesthetics. I've always thought the g sports were the ugliest hubs I've seen haha and the new vandero.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/1/2018 2:01 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I used to be extremely OCD as well. But now i have mismatched rims, a white rear hub and a black front hub... so yeah....

It gets easier after the first mismatchlaughing

|

9/1/2018 3:00 PM

Four wrote:

Hmm idk. I've had all those hubs the antigram. A bunch of minis and now have maderas. The maderas are brand new and the back ...more

Yeah it's half aesthetic and half ocd. I like matching parts, and I'm picky with brands I want to support. G sport are nothing particularly special. But I remember the very first g sport hubs, so it's a bit of nostalgia too. They're clean looking.
My totems are perfect, just wish I could find a lhd shell.

I also don't like having second hand parts, because you never know what they've been through and when they're going to shit themselves. I can imagine if I decide to keep the maderas, a shell will decide to crack or something when I've got no money!

|

9/2/2018 12:00 PM

No one cares. But I'm pretty sure I'm going with an antigram rear, vandero 2 front, and twombolts. And I'll have the totems, maderas and a pair of profile cranks to sell. All I have to buy new is the antigram XD

|

9/3/2018 12:55 AM

Odyssey is always a good choice ?

|

9/3/2018 1:41 AM

Haha I love you Steve, the original post gave me a good chuckle laughing

Why not try the Gulf Coaster.....? tongue

|