Odyssey?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2013 4:56 PM

Someone here said they emailed odyssey and odyssey said that the key chain would be out before Christmas.. Christmas is in one and a half weeks and still no key chain.. This really disappointed me.. I was sopost to get it cuz I hate my half link.. Well as long as it comes out soon , but does anyone else know when the chains coming out .

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/14/2013 4:57 PM

Best guess for me would be from January to February

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/14/2013 5:00 PM

Which 1/2 link do you have?

|

12/14/2013 5:05 PM

Fondue wrote:

It's kmc that's all I know.. I'll end up grieving it to my friend.. He snaps so many chains that he has to buy me from Walmart now.. Half links hold up better for some people. ,aye this one will last more then 2 or 3 months for him.

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/14/2013 5:17 PM

Kmc 510s are the way to go if your not into half links......I remember back in the day the giant chains kmc made......those things probably wouldn't fit most frames today

|

12/14/2013 5:25 PM

Eskimo i remember acs made a freewheel specifically for it, if you got chain rub with it it would kill whatever it touched haha.

|

12/14/2013 5:41 PM

Pretty sure G said that it won't be till February now think they where having issues with Q/C or something

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/14/2013 5:44 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

It's kmc that's all I know.. I'll end up grieving it to my friend.. He snaps so many chains that he has to buy me from Walmart now.. Half links hold up better for some people. ,aye this one will last more then 2 or 3 months for him.

He won't break this one nearly as fast.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/14/2013 6:02 PM

Fondue wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

wipperman's have the reputation of being the strongest chains
i have never seen on break, those things are bulletproof

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/14/2013 6:19 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

wipperman's have the reputation of being the strongest chains
i have never seen on break, those things are bulletproof

What about KMC Kool chains? The one i have is perfection. I have one from my Haro too that actually never broke. It's been going great since 2005 and was in the rain for weeks at a time and is still being ridden.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/14/2013 6:37 PM

I don't think the whisper man would fit.. The first couple times he snapped his chain was because.. Wait for it.. Free agent forgot to put a bearing in his huh.. Then he bent his sprocket and then he bent it again and then he just snapped it.. And then he just snapped it again..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/14/2013 6:38 PM

why would the wippermann not fit?
its standard bmx size...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/14/2013 6:41 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

why would the wippermann not fit?
its standard bmx size...

Um.. Idk maybe because it's Super big.. And his bikes already like 26 pounds don't wanna add another pound to that and he's planing on dropping bmx for accouple months and then waiting till he gets a job

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/14/2013 7:02 PM

Depends what Gearing He's running? I mean I KNOW the will NOT fit 25/9. They don't fit 9t Drivers AT ALL! 10/11t Driver & He's all set! What makes me laugh is the easy link thing, meaning You need no tools to install it.... Soooooooo, What happens if you don't have the "Correct" Sized Gearing?! How do you get links out of that BEAST of a Chain haha! Motor Cycle Chain Breaker?!

|

12/14/2013 7:12 PM

Topsey wrote:

Depends what Gearing He's running? I mean I KNOW the will NOT fit 25/9. They don't fit 9t Drivers AT ALL! 10/11t Driver & He's all set! What makes me laugh is the easy link thing, meaning You need no tools to install it.... Soooooooo, What happens if you don't have the "Correct" Sized Gearing?! How do you get links out of that BEAST of a Chain haha! Motor Cycle Chain Breaker?!

A stick of dianamite? Might break the chain.. Maybe on a good day

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/14/2013 7:30 PM

idk whats up with this. They have been saying it was gonna drop months ago. the price better be worth the wait

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

12/14/2013 7:31 PM

I kinda just wanna take a whiperman in the box. put it 60 yards out. and shoot it with a 45. just to see how bullet proof

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/14/2013 8:28 PM

Wipperman 1r8 or Kmc 415h if your a beast

|

12/14/2013 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2013 8:41 PM

Who pays $55 for a chain? Soooo much $$$. Get any chain dude.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/15/2013 12:09 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

That's probably his problem, I used to buy cheap chains because I always broke them and then I got a good quality chain and it's lasted me ages.

|

12/15/2013 5:19 AM

think that was me, just looked at the email and it said 'hopefully by xmas'.......... so yeah, guessing its not gunna be bno more :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/15/2013 8:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2013 8:31 AM

Topsey wrote:

I used the Shadow chain breaker to shorten mine for install, but it only worked three times before it broke. When extended, the pins are foo large to fit through the cut out, so it was a little tight getting it back out. And the master link has the standard type snap clip you gotta slide sideways to lock or unlock, so I'm not sure who doesn't need some sort of needle nose or other tool to install/remove it.
This is a 10t driver.
[LINK TO IMAGE]
And then 28t up front, but I may go with a 30 if it will fit. I liked the 28/9 gearing better.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/15/2013 8:14 AM

i hope you mean broke as in used a chain breaker to split it, not snapping it
if you did snap it, holy shit, what did you do to break it?

|

12/15/2013 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2013 8:26 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i hope you mean broke as in used a chain breaker to split it, not snapping it
if you did snap it, holy shit, what did you do to break it?

Haha, yeah, I'll edit that. I had to shorten it, and the shadow interlock was the only breaker I had. This thing hasn't even stretched, at least not noticeably. And that link is cheap, I think I paid 69 before shipping. Seriously the best purchase I've made though. I don't even think about my chain separating under load anymore.

|

2/27/2014 8:57 AM

Reviving this thread, wondering when the goddamn keychain will be released.

|

2/27/2014 10:15 AM

Soon, really soon

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx