Odyssey 7K-A rim, and Shadow Conspiracy Raptor?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2014 11:36 PM

Whats the word on the Shadow Conspiracy Raptor cassette Hub, and Odyssey 7K-A rim?

|

1/18/2014 11:42 PM

b-b-b-bird bird bird b-b-b-bird is the word Photo

|

1/18/2014 11:54 PM

^LOL. Sound good.

|

RIDE OR DIE



THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/19/2014 6:33 AM

great combanation i have that setup on my blue fbm do it!

|

brakeless maniac

1/19/2014 6:35 AM

Photo

white 7ka rims laced to white shadow raptor rear and front hubs!
|

brakeless maniac

1/19/2014 7:18 AM

looking nice m8, good setup along with thunderbolts

|

1/19/2014 7:27 AM

That setup is pretty smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 8:14 AM

thanks guys!

|

brakeless maniac

1/19/2014 8:36 AM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

thanks guys!

Dear Joe_Martinez, you are one lucky person and have some of the best looking bikes. Im jealous.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2014 9:38 AM

SO are you guys gonna help me, or just ogle that guys bike?

|

1/19/2014 10:45 AM

SeriousSir wrote:

SO are you guys gonna help me, or just ogle that guys bike?

You asked "what's the word" on the wheelset. It was my understanding that everyone had heard that the bird is the word


Photo

in all seriousness yes they're a good wheelset.

|

1/19/2014 10:53 AM

Well, my further question is, is it worth my 4@50 to buy those parts?

|

1/19/2014 10:59 AM

SeriousSir wrote:

Well, my further question is, is it worth my 4@50 to buy those parts?

Well if you wanna save some cash you could always get BSD front hub, Cult Match rear with the same rims, for about about $335 on Danscomp with Odyssey Hazard lite rims. Could also get a Sun Rhynolite in the front to save a bit more, would be around $315 then. Get hub guards too if you'll be grinding

|

1/19/2014 11:54 AM

you get what you pay for..some shadow parts understandably have a bad rep but the fact is the raptor is a solid hub set smooth spinning, near instant engagement and good reliability..also as a lot of people like it's extremely loud

|

Refs







trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

1/19/2014 12:59 PM

SeriousSir wrote:

Well, my further question is, is it worth my 4@50 to buy those parts?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well if you wanna save some cash you could always get BSD front hub, Cult Match rear with the same rims, for about about $335 on Danscomp with Odyssey Hazard lite rims. Could also get a Sun Rhynolite in the front to save a bit more, would be around $315 then. Get hub guards too if you'll be grinding

Save money? That's more than the raptor cassette and 7ka

|

1/19/2014 3:06 PM

I would get a cult match for the rear rather than the raptor
as for the front, i recommend the gsport simian, it kicks ass across the board
7ka rims are some of the strongest rims out

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/19/2014 3:33 PM

SeriousSir wrote:

Save money? That's more than the raptor cassette and 7ka

My mistake, I got confused when the guy above was talking about both wheels so I added up 2 wheels for you instead of just the one.

I would say get the Cult Match in the rear anyway.

|

1/19/2014 7:01 PM

7ka"s suck they break a lot

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330

1/19/2014 7:06 PM

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

7ka"s suck they break a lot

NotSureIfTrollingOrRetarded.jpg

|

1/19/2014 7:14 PM

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

7ka"s suck they break a lot

sundaybmxRR wrote:

NotSureIfTrollingOrRetarded.jpg

my friend on his 3rd set because hes cracked 2 sets already my other friend snapped one and i have one i cracked laying in my bedroom

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330

1/19/2014 7:17 PM

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

my friend on his 3rd set because hes cracked 2 sets already my other friend snapped one and i have one i cracked laying in my bedroom

No pic, no proof. Are you cracking around the spoke holes? If so, user error. Not Odyssey's fault.

|

1/19/2014 7:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

NotSureIfTrollingOrRetarded.jpg

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

my friend on his 3rd set because hes cracked 2 sets already my other friend snapped one and i have one i cracked laying in my bedroom

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No pic, no proof. Are you cracking around the spoke holes? If so, user error. Not Odyssey's fault.

Improper lacing is a likely culprit

|

1/19/2014 7:53 PM

yah all around the spoke holes i did not know that and my friend that broke it snapped it it was old as fuck though
idk how to lace my friend dose it for me

|

trading primo wheels hmu
Text for faster reply 503-957-1330

1/19/2014 7:58 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

thanks guys!

MaximusBikes wrote:

Dear Joe_Martinez, you are one lucky person and have some of the best looking bikes. Im jealous.

thank you sir! and i love my 7kas very strong rims! shadow hubs solid! SeriousSir i posted that pic so you could see i have them and they hold up fine strong wheelset! rims are made of 7000 series aluminum which is stronger than the normal 6000 series used on most rims and hubs are solid!

|

brakeless maniac

1/19/2014 8:13 PM

BikeWindellsDirt wrote:

yah all around the spoke holes i did not know that and my friend that broke it snapped it it was old as fuck though
idk how to lace my friend dose it for me

Old rims will break, that's what warranty is for. Tell your friend to not tighten the spokes so much, that's his fault they broke then, not the rim itself. Any rim can have that happen

|