Odyssey Aitken 2.45 questions..

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2020 11:57 AM

The low profile ones not the knobby..

Anyone run em? What do you think?

Are they noisy on snooth surfaces, or do they hum?

|





8/1/2020 12:22 PM

TTT

|





8/1/2020 1:11 PM

I rode 2.1 in the back I don’t recall humming but I also ride a cassette or maybe I just didn’t care if it did.

I can’t speak for the 2.4s but I liked mine

I would kill to find another set of white/tan walls

|

8/1/2020 1:59 PM

cky199 wrote:

I rode 2.1 in the back I don’t recall humming but I also ride a cassette or maybe I just didn’t care if it did.

I can’t speak for the 2.4s but I liked mine

I would kill to find another set of white/tan walls

Thanks for the comments..

|





8/1/2020 2:08 PM

My idea of switching from the 2.5 Williams are..

The 2.5 have are smooth as hell in the center and seem almost too grippy.

I don't really like how they look, too new school for my taste.

The 2.5 are only 60 psi max, I've been running them around 80, at 60 they are sluggish feeling and too grippy on rough pavement.

I think the Aitkens would ride better and look better in my opinion..

I just wanted to make sure they run pretty silent, as preferred by a ghost..

|





8/1/2020 5:23 PM

Get a 2.8” tyre

|

8/1/2020 6:02 PM

Fuck that’s a fat tire haha. 2.3 is the biggest I’ve ever ran before, but hey sounds like people are diggin them. The 2.25 aitkens (non-knobby) had a good little hum to them when I ripped bowls but it sounded dope. They were just slow in the park. Grippy as hell on sketchy street spots and dirt though wish they’d remake the Kevlar bead version.

|

8/1/2020 6:14 PM

A taller tire is also similar to having a bigger sprocket, so running a 25/9, I like the steeper end gear.

|





8/1/2020 6:19 PM

These are the 2.5 right now..

Photo

|





8/1/2020 6:25 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

These are the 2.5 right now..

Photo

Dang that’s a thicc boy! I rock 30/9 with baby tires. 2.25/2.1 setup. I will say I miss the 2.3s a lot riding street, especially drops. But the little guys are so damn fast!

|

8/1/2020 6:27 PM

Also are those triple traps?? Haven’t seen a set in the wild in a hot minute

|

8/1/2020 6:34 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

Also are those triple traps?? Haven’t seen a set in the wild in a hot minute

Yep.. Those are the old ones probably 30 years old..

Already put brand new ones on it..

Photo

|





8/1/2020 7:03 PM

The aitken s def aren’t the fastest tire on smooth concrete but they make my bike feel like I can go anywhere. The knobby on the front is so intense lol

|

8/1/2020 7:10 PM

cky199 wrote:

The aitken s def aren’t the fastest tire on smooth concrete but they make my bike feel like I can go anywhere. The knobby on the front is so intense lol

Cool, I'm looking for something kinda good at everything..

|





8/2/2020 1:07 AM

Noisy, grippy, fast, smooth, versatile

|

8/2/2020 7:28 AM

BrodieB wrote:

Noisy, grippy, fast, smooth, versatile

Shoot.. noisy is what I was not wanting to see..

Thanks for the input..

|





8/2/2020 11:12 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Shoot.. noisy is what I was not wanting to see..

Thanks for the input..

For clarification, they’re loud compared to the T1/Animal tyres I had before them, which were dead silent. They have a decent hum but I’m not sure if they’re objectively loud

|

8/2/2020 11:33 AM

Yeah, they're not terribly expensive, might just have to try em either way..

|





8/2/2020 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2020 9:16 PM

i ride the 2.25 in the front and it isn't too loud when going straight, but when turning the side knobs hum pretty loudly. the 2.25 inflates to 2.3 so the 2.45 is probably a 2.5. The aitkens grip so well on almost any surface, and while they are a bit heavy, the weight is a good trade off for amazing grip. oh yeah the 2.35 knobbies sound wild especially in bowls I find them pretty cool

|

I like riding my bike.

8/2/2020 9:51 PM

bmxmanboy wrote:

i ride the 2.25 in the front and it isn't too loud when going straight, but when turning the side knobs hum pretty loudly. the 2.25 inflates to 2.3 so the 2.45 is probably a 2.5. The aitkens grip so well on almost any surface, and while they are a bit heavy, the weight is a good trade off for amazing grip. oh yeah the 2.35 knobbies sound wild especially in bowls I find them pretty cool

Great info man!

Thanks for chiming in.. Good to know they are quiet more so on the straight, that's kinda more what I am hoping for..

My other option would be the 2.4 path pro, but I'm really digging the multi purpose tread on the Aitkens...

|





8/7/2020 3:37 AM

I’ve got 2.25 Aitkens and they don’t seem noisy to me. Good all round tyre.

|

8/8/2020 10:26 AM

Dr Sarcophagus wrote:

I’ve got 2.25 Aitkens and they don’t seem noisy to me. Good all round tyre.

Thanks for chiming in man!

Now I've got to find them in stock somewhere..

|





8/8/2020 2:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2020 2:41 PM

They look great as well.
Photo

I ended up getting them off ebay.

|

9/12/2020 12:59 PM

Well I called up BMX Guru (C&W Cycle), figured couldn't hurt to ask.. They just got some in stock a few days ago! Drove over there and bought a couple.. I'll let you guys know what I think about em soon enough! Should be testing them before the sunset..👍

|





9/12/2020 3:48 PM

Photo
|





9/12/2020 3:54 PM

Good choice. Probably the grippiest all round tire to exist. And theyll keep your momentum going in the trails cause they weigh almost 2 lbs

|

I like riding my bike.

9/13/2020 9:50 AM

So I rode em for a couple miles last night.. They seemed quiet enough for me on smooth pavement.

I'll try to break it down vs my Cinema Williams 2.5..

1= Worst, 5= Best all my opinion..

Cinema Williams 2.5"
Looks= 2
Shoe grip for stopping=5
Shoe grip for scuffing=3
Spinning/rotating on the ground=3
Coasting (over inflated to 70psi)= 5


Odyssey Aitken 2.45"
Looks= 5
Shoe grip for stopping=3
Shoe grip for scuffing=5
Spinning/rotating on the ground=5
Coasting (under inflated to 80psi)= 4

Another thing I noticed is that the Aitkens throw rocks/pebbles up and they tink off the frame at times..

|





9/13/2020 1:03 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

So I rode em for a couple miles last night.. They seemed quiet enough for me on smooth pavement.

I'll try to break it down vs my Cinema Williams 2.5..

1= Worst, 5= Best all my opinion..

Cinema Williams 2.5"
Looks= 2
Shoe grip for stopping=5
Shoe grip for scuffing=3
Spinning/rotating on the ground=3
Coasting (over inflated to 70psi)= 5


Odyssey Aitken 2.45"
Looks= 5
Shoe grip for stopping=3
Shoe grip for scuffing=5
Spinning/rotating on the ground=5
Coasting (under inflated to 80psi)= 4

Another thing I noticed is that the Aitkens throw rocks/pebbles up and they tink off the frame at times..

i ran a pair of aitkens on my first ever bmx... but after i broke the frame and got it warrantied they gave the bike back with the aitkens on so i didn't have the chance to ride them more. i am interested in them and they have a sense of nostalgia to me being the first ever pair of tires i brought, so i may have to look at getting them after my donnasqueaks go.

|

9/13/2020 5:36 PM

Also for what's it's worth.. These Aitken 2.45 are at least the same size as my 2.5 Cinema Williams..

|





9/14/2020 4:46 AM

If I were choosing tyres on looks alone, I’d never run anything other than Aitkens. I recently got rid of them because they started to feel sluggish in bowl corners but if I rode more trails I’d still have them. The 2.45 were big boys for sure. Hope they treat you well

|