Odyssey Elementary v3 stem?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2013 7:55 PM

Does it really crush bars and slip and all that like people say or is it all rumors?

|

5/21/2013 7:57 PM

the v3 seems to slip alot. i have 2 friends with it and their bars slip quite a bit. the v1 was garbage. didnt grip bars at all. the v2 was the best one. i dont remember any problems with it. grab a v2 if you can find one

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/21/2013 8:08 PM

Don't know about the v3, but the v1 I had sucked balls. It slipped a lot and squashed to top of my steer tube. Probably from over tightening... I think the issue was it applied unequal amounts of force to the bars vs. steer tube. I could never get it tight enough without cranking down the bolt. Eventually it got to the point where the bolt was so far in that is stopped and just lost all clamping power. I've avoided wedge stems since.

But It did feel great and It didn't slip at all when I first rode it. One big drop or two later and it pooped on me.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/21/2013 8:09 PM

I haven't had any problems apart from me being lazy putting it on haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/21/2013 8:32 PM

Four wrote:

I haven't had any problems apart from me being lazy putting it on haha.

lol i heard there a pain to get on

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/21/2013 8:42 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

lol i heard there a pain to get on

Yeah haha, once you get used to it it's not too bad, I can get it in like 5 minutes now.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/22/2013 7:49 AM

odysseys biggest failure and it lasted 3 generations TERRIBLE !!!

seriously everyone that bought one of those is an idiot including me

WORST STEM EVER MADE OTHER THAN THE KIND RELIEF RETARD STEM

they should have advertised them like so

Hey wanna ruin your bars and forks at the same tight

buy this piece of shit stem you'll hate it

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/22/2013 7:53 AM

Depending on what bars you have. If you have cheap, low quality material handle bars they will crush, Also it depends on what kind of compression bolt you have. Say S&M who use the freestyle star nut lots of room to crush where as Odyssey use a H.24 compression bolt which has the threads machined into the steerer & the compression bolt supports it as you tighten the stem so it wont crush. I know a lot of people who swear by them, never liked the look of them myself.

|

5/22/2013 7:55 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

odysseys biggest failure and it lasted 3 generations TERRIBLE !!!

seriously everyone that bought one of those is an idiot including me

WORST STEM EVER MADE OTHER THAN THE KIND RELIEF RETARD STEM

they should have advertised them like so

Hey wanna ruin your bars and forks at the same tight

buy this piece of shit stem you'll hate it

Yeah, buy a Ratchet, and Odyssey, and Animal, and Sunday parts. They'll break in a day.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844