Odyssey Freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2014 1:35 PM

Photo
Not really much we know about the internals yet but here's
a little writeup the merged did on it for anybody interested.
|

2/11/2014 1:37 PM

Looks good. Aaron rides it. Id be cool if its not a khe clone

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/11/2014 1:45 PM

1/8" teeth, press on collars, fuck yes.

|

2/11/2014 2:48 PM

Looks cool. Ventured off a little bit from the average coaster. Judging by its external looks, its just a KHE Clone with minor changes. Be cool if it came in 14mm female (which I imagine it will).

Cant wait for specs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/11/2014 2:57 PM

Looks like another khe clone. I will be very disappointed if it infact is.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/11/2014 3:47 PM

Wasn't the original Odyssey Reloader coaster their own design though and not a KHE ?

Seems to me that they would just try to improve that coaster with some minor tweaks like Cult did with theirs

|

2/11/2014 4:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Wasn't the original Odyssey Reloader coaster their own design though and not a KHE ?

Seems to me that they would just try to ...more

The Reloader and KHE are both very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if one was based on the other. Don't want to say for sure though.

Even if it did have KHE internals, the push on collars and 1/8" teeth would make it the best coaster so far in my book.

|

2/11/2014 4:27 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Reloader and KHE are both very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if one was based on the other. Don't want to say for sure ...more

I read into it a bit, and they're definitely not the exact same cause someone stated that certain KHE parts won't fit the Reloader without being modified. But they were fairly similar in terms of what the insides look like so yeah.

I can see Odyssey figuring out a 14mm bolt version of this hub to follow suit with their Antigram hubs, it would make sense I think.

|

2/11/2014 7:17 PM

Plot twist: The Odyssey coaster is actually the Gcoaster

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/11/2014 7:19 PM

In before Aaron Ross Dick riders

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/11/2014 7:31 PM

The press fit collars are a good sign. Why they are making a shemale one i will never know other than they dont want to be playing with a male axle.

This is great news. I think the bearings look to be a bit better quality for sure. My guess is an improved axle and different tension springs for the clutch. The Reloader had some nifty springs instead of push pin ball things like a KHE. I hope they do a sort of roller push spring. Thatd save a lot of clutch wear.
Definitely an ACB, and needle bearing driver. Im thinking that the engagement from the clutch to shell will be normal because there isnt anything wrong with that.

The shell tapers nicely and i am willing to be the area where the clutch hits is much thicker.

I will buy this when it comes out, i am very interested!! Haha i swear if it is a KHE clone i will cry myself to sleep.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/11/2014 7:46 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Plot twist: The Odyssey coaster is actually the Gcoaster

I can confirm that it's not.

|

2/12/2014 5:01 AM

Can't believe its a shemale (looks it coz of the adapters) hopefully that'll be sorted. Interestin with the press fit collers. Maybe a reverse clutch from the look of the hub shell?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/12/2014 5:06 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Can't believe its a shemale (looks it coz of the adapters) hopefully that'll be sorted. Interestin with the press fit collers. ...more

It cant be shemale with pressfit though? It wouldn't spin. Unless under the hardware is oversized/bigger than 14mm.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/12/2014 6:24 AM

G posted this on mfbs

"It is a standard axial engagement system but only the hub liner and big bearing are common-to/interchangeable-with the KHE-like hubs; every other part is custom/different."

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

2/12/2014 6:29 AM

Gump wrote:

G posted this on mfbs

"It is a standard axial engagement system but only the hub liner and big bearing are ...more

Thats good to see

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/12/2014 6:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2014 6:31 AM

Sorry fo the double post, vital laggs in my computer

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/12/2014 8:08 AM

Freecoasters...Freecoasters everywhere

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/15/2014 2:41 AM

G has posted some more info about this hub on bg

|

2/15/2014 3:21 AM

http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php/topic,218772.45.html

interesting info here... all new drag system aparently

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/15/2014 6:19 AM

Empire is selling the reloader for 99 bucks not bad pricing

|

2/15/2014 9:09 AM

New drag system. I called it. haha I really want this honestly, this might be the one for me, but im not getting a shemale one. haha They better make it so it still fits 4mm thick dropouts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/15/2014 12:23 PM

Cool, might get it if its good and i ever have money

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/15/2014 4:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

New drag system. I called it. haha I really want this honestly, this might be the one for me, but im not getting a shemale ...more

With this being odyssey, I would bet that they would do a true female axle

|

2/15/2014 6:58 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

New drag system. I called it. haha I really want this honestly, this might be the one for me, but im not getting a shemale ...more

Gump wrote:

With this being odyssey, I would bet that they would do a true female axle

Thats good. Haha i would appreciate it if that is what they'd do. I just dont want it to cost 100 bucks more than other coasters. Thatd be annoying. 200 would be good for it. Maybe up to 20 bucks different. I just want to be able to afford it when it comes out/if it comes out. They better not lead me on, bc im really into this.

|