Odyssey JCPC pedals review

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2013 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2013 9:37 AM

Overall:
I have been running those pedals for 6 months or so, they provide a good grip. In my opinion they are good if you don't mind them ripping your trousers. They hold up good for pedal grinds, they don't wear out as fast as other plastic/nylon pedals. They come loose after 3-months of riding, no matter how hard you tighten the pins up, i found this quite as i hate when something rattles on my bike. I managed to fix that by putting inner tube on the axle of the pedal and this have stopped the rattling. Although they are quite expensive here in the UK, i think they are worth the price. If you grind on them etc the bodies are replaceable so you can switch the bodies around which will make the pedals last longer. They have bushings so they technically should last longer than bearings.

Pros:
-Good grip
-Easy maintenance
-Good for pedal stalls/grinds
-Bodies are replaceable

Cons:
- They come loose after some time
- Quite expensive in the UK

I rate them 8 out of 10

|

4/13/2013 11:06 AM

i snapped mine sad

|

roses are red, violets are blue, bikes are red, my dick is red, i cant write poetry, not even gonna lie, bite the pillow, im going in dry - xxohioanxx

4/13/2013 11:08 AM

crayola531 wrote:

i snapped mine sad

did you? i found them strong since i ride street and i do lots of stalls and grinds on the pedals

|

4/13/2013 11:12 AM

i wanna get some snafu pedals heard they are super strong and grippy

|

Bruh

4/13/2013 11:20 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

i wanna get some snafu pedals heard they are super strong and grippy

the alone ones are quite sweet as well, they have metal pins and lightweight plastic body, not good for grinds tho. I hate the animal bpe, they cost loads and they are a sack of shit, they are like 60 quid and they dont even have metal pins its just like a normal plastic pedal that you van get for 15 quid

|

4/13/2013 11:25 AM

i know right, its animal so expect being ripped off tbh, need to look into the alone's

|

Bruh

4/13/2013 11:39 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

i know right, its animal so expect being ripped off tbh, need to look into the alone's

Check them out here
|

4/13/2013 11:44 AM

cheers, shame i can't afford them :L

|

Bruh

4/13/2013 11:48 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

cheers, shame i can't afford them :L

they are quite good tho, save up a bit haha. they are £35 quid, if u want cheap pedals get fly rubens

|

4/13/2013 12:51 PM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote:

did you? i found them strong since i ride street and i do lots of stalls and grinds on the pedals

yea. they were my favorite while i had them but they were actually pretty old when i snapped them so i would still recomend them to anyone

|

roses are red, violets are blue, bikes are red, my dick is red, i cant write poetry, not even gonna lie, bite the pillow, im going in dry - xxohioanxx

4/13/2013 8:17 PM

I'll just stock to Odyssey Twisteds , good for everything and cheap.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/13/2013 11:19 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They're not great when you want Grip.

|

4/14/2013 8:09 AM

I know a few people who run them, never been to keen on them myself. I've had DK plastics for the past few months now, looking to get into pegless grinds because I got a profile hub not long ago and i'm scared it'll shit out if i run pegs again, any suggestions on what pedals to get because i'm lost.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

4/14/2013 1:40 PM

Good review, never rode any bit planning on trying some soon.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/14/2013 6:44 PM

best pedals known to man. my friend has had his for over a year.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/14/2013 7:51 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

false, i snapped mine off a curb..

|

4/14/2013 8:04 PM

i love mine, yeah they have a small wobble, but i love the grip, and you could grind with them.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/15/2013 9:12 AM

I have them too and I dont have any problems with them.
Had to re-grease them once few months after I bought them and thats it.

|

4/15/2013 9:29 AM

all come loose eventually, they should improve the outside bushing since that is causing it to wobble

|

6/12/2013 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2013 1:38 PM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote:

all come loose eventually, they should improve the outside bushing since that is causing it to wobble

you can make it so they don't wobble if you tighten the piss out of most the screws.

|

6/12/2013 1:41 PM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote:

wel.lthen.this.is.unexpected wrote:

you can make it so they don't wobble if you tighten the piss out of most the screws.

STOP
BUMPING
OLD
THREADS
YOU
FUCKING
IDIOT
READ
THE
FUCKING
DATE

|

6/12/2013 1:43 PM

crayola531 wrote:

i snapped mine sad

if you snapped them they do have a lifetime warranty on them

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

6/12/2013 1:45 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

STOP
BUMPING
OLD
THREADS
YOU
FUCKING
IDIOT
READ
THE
FUCKING
DATE

Chill your tits dude... its not effecting you is it? I think you are still breathing no big deal.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/12/2013 1:49 PM

wel.lthen.this.is.unexpected wrote:

KaneF15 wrote:

STOP
BUMPING
OLD
THREADS
YOU
FUCKING
IDIOT
READ
THE
FUCKING
DATE

Chrisaustin wrote:

Chill your tits dude... its not effecting you is it? I think you are still breathing no big deal.

Every fucking day a new guy comes on out of nowhere, finds an old thread and bumps it and makes the comment their first post.

God damn.

|

6/12/2013 1:52 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

STOP
BUMPING
OLD
THREADS
YOU
FUCKING
IDIOT
READ
THE
FUCKING
DATE

Chrisaustin wrote:

KaneF15 wrote:

Every fucking day a new guy comes on out of nowhere, finds an old thread and bumps it and makes the comment their first post.

God damn.

I wouldn't call him new... he has been on here for a year.... check his join date.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/12/2013 1:59 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

KaneF15 wrote:

God damn.

Chrisaustin wrote:

I wouldn't call him new... he has been on here for a year.... check his join date.

New people still bump old threads, he's not new so he should know better

|

6/12/2013 7:47 PM

when they first came out 10/10 but now they come with shorter pins and dont have as good of grip as the ones i got 4 years ago

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/12/2013 7:51 PM

I wish the pins where thinner. I like thin pins on my pedals like the trailmixs

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.