Odyssey Keychain Thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2013 9:08 PM

Well supposedly it should be out soon, so here are my questions!

Jim Bauer said initially it will need to be broken with a chain breaker. How is that possible? It has like super hollow pins and it looks like the pin of the breaker would go right thru. Second, if they are riveted in place, how are you supposed to push the pin out?

How do you feel about the 45 dollar price tag on this chain?

Do you think it would work with guarded sprockets because it is so wide?

What if those screw in pins for the master link and half link have trouble coming loose constantly? Even with the loctite?

Any other thoughts?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/30/2013 9:37 PM

it has an allen key slot to break it with

45 is fucking insane, unless i start snapping chains like a motherfucker

idk, probably, they usually give decent clearance

likely no, loctite will keep those things tighter than collins bootyhole

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/30/2013 9:44 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

I think that's a compliment?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/30/2013 9:46 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I think that's a compliment?

yessir

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/30/2013 9:55 PM

The hollow version will come with an adapter for the hollow pins, but they will also be making a special chain breaker.

Good deal on the chain, definitely getting it. $45 for the longest lasting chain you can get? I'm down. (Before you say 1G8, I mean the longest lasting chain that weighs less than a semi truck).

It is about the same width as a Bluebird and will fit on an MDS.

They won't.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/30/2013 9:59 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

I think $45 is only for the hollow version, the regular is $28-$30 but I'm not positive, still a lot for a chain. Then again some half link chains are around that area.

|

12/30/2013 10:59 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The hollow version will come with an adapter for the hollow pins, but they will also be making a special chain breaker.

Good deal on the chain, definitely getting it. $45 for the longest lasting chain you can get? I'm down. (Before you say 1G8, I mean the longest lasting chain that weighs less than a semi truck).

It is about the same width as a Bluebird and will fit on an MDS.

They won't.

Haha, yeah, you knew I would have something to say about that, lol.

And 45 isn't bad, considering my 1G8 was 69 before shipping, I think. I know it was like 75 total.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/30/2013 11:46 PM

45 bucks for a fucking chain? fuck that!

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

12/31/2013 12:14 AM

The Shadow Interlock V2 already values at $30+....

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/31/2013 12:22 AM

For 45 bucks I'd give it a shot. You'll never know it's true value till you test it yourself. I trust Odyssey tested it enough to be released, so why not?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/31/2013 2:45 AM

People bitching about $45 for a chain obviously haven't snapped chains.

The hollow version is being released with an adapter peice to suit other chain brakers

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/31/2013 6:02 AM

Everyone that says it is 'gay' or something doesn't know how much time and effort they put in, I'm definately gonna buy one.

|

12/31/2013 6:13 AM

I want one but if you want a chain that's not as expensive that will last long and has hollow pins check out the fly tractor chain, ive been riding it for quite awhile now haven't broken a single link

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/31/2013 6:13 AM

45 green? i don't care what they sellin' cause i ain't buyin'
i'll only take it, if it comes with lifetime warranty lel

as much as i like odyssey i ain't payin' this much for their chain, not now at least
it will take a little time to get proper reviews

|

12/31/2013 6:15 AM

I think they should sell the chain in different set gear ratio lengths so no one will have to deal with breaking the chain

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/31/2013 6:19 AM

I will check it out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/31/2013 7:01 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I think they should sell the chain in different set gear ratio lengths so no one will have to deal with breaking the chain

Chainstay length?

|

12/31/2013 7:04 AM

I will look. The hollowpin version sounds like a hassle but a strong hassle. My bluebird works great so I dunno if it is worth it. But sounds cool.

|

12/31/2013 9:07 AM

Gump wrote:

People bitching about $45 for a chain obviously haven't snapped chains.

The hollow version is being released with an adapter peice to suit other chain brakers

this
i dont snap chains often, so i dont see the point for ME to buy one, but if its 30 for a normal, i might pick one up next time i snap mine

|