Odyssey M2 Small or Medium Lever?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2018 11:43 AM

OK, I know a few of you have experience with this lever. It's hard to tell how small the "small" is or how large the medium lever is. What size do you like?

Odyssey M2 Small or Medium Lever?

View Results

|

8/16/2018 12:04 PM

I love my small lever! Very comfortable to use 1 finger with, and you can still use 2 fingers too if you need to stop fast lol

I absolutely love my small one!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/16/2018 12:08 PM

I have pretty big hands and have the medium, I think it's just enough.

No experience with the small, but honestly if the medium was any smaller, to me it would be too tiny.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/16/2018 12:10 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I have pretty big hands and have the medium, I think it's just enough.

No experience with the small, but honestly if the medium was any smaller, to me it would be too tiny.

I have pretty large hands too, how many fingers do you use to brake? I just use 1 finger and i feel the excess of the medium lever you hit my other fingers that are on my grips lol

|

8/16/2018 12:50 PM

I've got a medium and it feels tiny and weird compared to a tech 77, I personally definitely wouldn't want to go any smaller

|

8/16/2018 12:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 12:55 PM

Small. It feels great slightly on the bend, just how Jake has it. Trigger is even better but I think they discontinued the Trigger M2.

The mid school in me says Dirty Harry, though.

|

8/16/2018 12:57 PM

jbales wrote:

Small. It feels great slightly on the bend, just how Jake has it. Trigger is even better but I think they discontinued the Trigger M2.

Yeah. I love the way mine is set upcool

|

8/16/2018 12:58 PM

I had the small and it was nice. You can use or one or two to pull. I have only rode this lever though so I dunno haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/16/2018 1:18 PM

both are good, and i'm actually riding the smalls but would prefer the medium. or get tech 77s instead

|

It’s all bmx

8/16/2018 1:41 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I have pretty large hands too, how many fingers do you use to brake? I just use 1 finger and i feel the excess of the medium lever you hit my other fingers that are on my grips lol

I usually only use one finger to brake, 2 if I'm trying fufanus. I honestly haven't ever had my fingers hit the lever by accident, but everyone's different!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/16/2018 2:55 PM

If you use two fingers a lot, the Medium is the most comfy I've found. The small is totally possible for two, as said above, but for someone like me that does tons of fufanus/abubacus, I use two a lot and find the Medium better.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/16/2018 4:13 PM

readybmxer wrote:

If you use two fingers a lot, the Medium is the most comfy I've found. The small is totally possible for two, as said above, but for someone like me that does tons of fufanus/abubacus, I use two a lot and find the Medium better.

Its weird hearing people use 2 fingers to do fufs, i use one finger to do fufs and whatnot, i feel way uncomfortable to do tricks with two fingers on the lever lol

I find it really cool how everyone is differentsilly

|

8/16/2018 6:05 PM

jbales wrote:

I've got a dirty Harry now. Lol

|

8/16/2018 6:13 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've got a dirty Harry now. Lol

Dirty Harry is life. But M2 is life too. Dia Compe X Odyssey colab?

|

8/17/2018 12:38 AM

Exactly what Honda said. As embarrassing as it is, I have a small one.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

8/17/2018 12:41 AM

Never liked my Small levers & I ran them for more than long enough to adapt to them.

I find that they stick out way too far for me to get a proper pull with one finger. I also know a guy who had the same problem so he heated his up with a torch and bent it inwardsgrin

Had a Trigger on my ex's bike and it felt very proper. Got one for my new brake set up & I may even trim down the lever a bit and use it as a one-finger lever.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/17/2018 4:23 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Exactly what Honda said. As embarrassing as it is, I have a small one.

#smallgangcool

|

8/17/2018 4:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Never liked my Small levers & I ran them for more than long enough to adapt to them.

I find that they stick out way too far for me to get a proper pull with one finger. I also know a guy who had the same problem so he heated his up with a torch and bent it inwardsgrin

Had a Trigger on my ex's bike and it felt very proper. Got one for my new brake set up & I may even trim down the lever a bit and use it as a one-finger lever.

I'm a little confused.... the SMALL lever stuck out too much for one finger pull? Like, it hit the bar or your other fingers when you pulled it, or....? & Now you have a Trigger & you may cut THAT down for more of a one finger?

|

8/17/2018 4:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2019 9:46 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I'm a little confused.... the SMALL lever stuck out too much for one finger pull? Like, it hit the bar or your other fingers when you pulled it, or....? & Now you have a Trigger & you may cut THAT down for more of a one finger?

On the tip of the lever is where it sticks out the most, and if you dont have long fingers, that could be a problem. But i fit it just fine..

|

8/17/2018 5:10 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

On another (related) note, I like that Trigger lever too & while I think it is still made, it is NOT made (from what I can tell) in the "mono lever" style..... just the single cable, traditional design.

|

8/17/2018 8:22 AM

tech 77's for life.

bonus points if it has a locking button on it....

|

8/17/2018 8:33 AM

pnj wrote:

tech 77's for life.

bonus points if it has a locking button on it....

I have a Hoffman SD-4 I've had for a while now. Thinking of pulling a pair of my F25's off one of my other bikes & turning the Hoffman into a flatland whip. Could use a locking button then.

|

8/17/2018 8:37 AM

On another note, It looks like you could easily replace the lever from an M2 lever with a Trigger lever if you couldn't find a Trigger M2. It'd be an expensive option but doable.

|

8/17/2018 8:46 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

On another note, It looks like you could easily replace the lever from an M2 lever with a Trigger lever if you couldn't find a Trigger M2. It'd be an expensive option but doable.

Yeah the Monolever and M2 are the same, just they have different barrel adjusters... so yeah, that should work!

|

8/17/2018 9:35 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

They stick out too far away from the handlebars, hence why my friend bent his inwards. Felt like I could only grab it with my finger tip, where as I like the feel of the trigger lever because the indent let's me grab with more of my finger.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/17/2018 10:29 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They stick out too far away from the handlebars, hence why my friend bent his inwards. Felt like I could only grab it with my finger tip, where as I like the feel of the trigger lever because the indent let's me grab with more of my finger.

That's why I like it on the bend.

|

8/17/2018 10:32 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Genius! I never thought of that.

Fun fact. When you Americanas say "leather" instead of "leaver" like we do in the UK, I cringe a little.

|

8/17/2018 10:49 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

jbales wrote:

Genius! I never thought of that.

Fun fact. When you Americanas say "leather" instead of "leaver" like we do in the UK, I cringe a little.

Oddly enough, when I was stationed in your wonderful country I said "Leav(th)er" & then ended up changing to the British "Leever" while there & for a while after returning. Now, I'm back to the American Lever.

|

8/17/2018 10:57 AM

lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever

devildevildevil

|

8/17/2018 12:32 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever lever

devildevildevil

Yeah we spell it the same.... Lol

|

Hmmm