Odyssey Parts herrr a durrrr

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2017 11:07 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Can't wait for all the "48 spline cranks develop wiggle so thunderbolts , they're superior"
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/20/2017 11:08 PM

Also , V2 Clutch is coming out and supposedly a true female clutch is following after that release .

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/20/2017 11:47 PM

going to buy the g-sport hub the clutch v2 hub and lace em' up to those new litehouse rims. They're gonna be sick! Those cranks are called the calibur cranks im calling it rn.

|

2/21/2017 12:05 AM

48 spline cranks develop wiggle so thunderbolts , they're superior

|

2/21/2017 1:17 AM

Hope more info on the hubs come out soon and the improvements over their predecessors. Interesting that Gsport would come out with a new front hub when they just released the Simian only a few years ago.

|

2/21/2017 5:15 AM

The vandero isn't as pretty as it used to be sad

48 spline cranks only develop wobble if you're too retarded to install or uninstall them properly

|

2/21/2017 7:54 AM

The Clutch v2 will be full 14mm female(read the comments).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQld-4uA65I/

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/21/2017 7:59 AM

|

2/21/2017 8:28 AM

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

2/21/2017 8:41 AM

They would look better in chrome

|

2/21/2017 9:26 AM

Oil slick tools

|

2/21/2017 9:49 AM

I'd run the Vandero pro... looks sick.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

2/21/2017 10:34 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

The Clutch v2 will be full 14mm female(read the comments).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQld-4uA65I/

I love how Pirate Duck is actually Topsey lmfao

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/21/2017 11:05 AM

That tool doesn't have imperial Allen keys, very anti profile
#makeAmericanbikesAmericanagain

|

2/21/2017 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2017 11:23 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Because no part they make uses an imperial Allen key. You could always bend some hex stock of the right size so that it'd go on the same as the rest. Otherwise, take one off another multitool and put it on in place of one of the ones you won't use(my choice would be the either the 5mm or 8mm)

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/21/2017 2:49 PM

Was hoping that there would be a simian rear. Oh well a new front one for some reason I guess. I currently ride Simian and Ratchet.

|

2/21/2017 10:42 PM

JannyUK wrote:

Was hoping that there would be a simian rear. Oh well a new front one for some reason I guess. I currently ride Simian and Ratchet.

Word is that a Roloway cassette hub is in development . It'll be a moment I think but I imagine it actually being true .

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/21/2017 11:31 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Because no part they make uses an imperial Allen key. You could always bend some hex stock of the right size so that it'd go on the same as the rest. Otherwise, take one off another multitool and put it on in place of one of the ones you won't use(my choice would be the either the 5mm or 8mm)

Yeah I was just being silly. I wouldn't need one of those multi tools anyway. I can strip and rebuild my bike with 4 Allen keys and a chain tool.

Although, i do think the length of that thing is going to result in plenty of kids over tightening every bolt. We'll see even more pics of broken stems etc with people blaming the manufacturer.....

|

2/22/2017 12:06 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah I was just being silly. I wouldn't need one of those multi tools anyway. I can strip and rebuild my bike with 4 Allen keys and a chain tool.

Although, i do think the length of that thing is going to result in plenty of kids over tightening every bolt. We'll see even more pics of broken stems etc with people blaming the manufacturer.....

damn dude your's takes 4 allens i only need 2 and a chain tool

|

2/22/2017 2:43 AM

|

2/22/2017 4:47 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

Haha, yeah, 2 of those Allen keys are for my cranks. Bloody imperial. 1 for the arms and one for the sprocket bolt. I believe the gdh axles use 8mm bolts? I've been contemplating a new axle..... Purely to save the weight of 1 Allen key in my tool bag.....

|

2/22/2017 7:36 AM

Well, there goes my plans for getting BSD hubs. I fuk wit it

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/22/2017 9:03 AM

Ever think the 48 are a value option? Never mind, Brayden posted this, all logic is out the window.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/22/2017 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/22/2017 10:42 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Ever think the 48 are a value option? Never mind, Brayden posted this, all logic is out the window.

I had 48 spline 19 mm profile cranks with a ti spindle last me 14 years through 5 different frames , if you get wobble with 48 spline cranks it's not because of the cranks it's because your a moron who doesn't know how to work on your shit

|

2/22/2017 12:42 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I had 48 spline 19 mm profile cranks with a ti spindle last me 14 years through 5 different frames , if you get wobble with 48 spline cranks it's not because of the cranks it's because your a moron who doesn't know how to work on your shit

Ignoring the irony of "…your a moron"

Regardless, it still creates a potential issue. Kids are idiots so of course it's gonna happen and they can eventually develop a wobble. If there's a way to get rid of a potential issue altogether, why not? Just because you're a 48 spline elitist and believe just because you never have issues with them doesn't mean others potentially will.

|

2/22/2017 4:02 PM

my 2 cents on the spline topic: i've had exactly 3 sets of 19mm 48 spline cranks. in my experience, you gotta babysit those fucking spindle bolts, otherwise they come loose and you develop that wobble. i eventually started using locktite but that was only a band-aid. i eventually went from 19mm cranks to 24mm cranks. I NEVER have to tighten or watch the spindle bolt on these cranks and i'm on my third set of these as well. given they are 2.5 piece as opposed to 3 piece, which means there is one less bolt to come loose. I can't speak on 22mm, but 19mm is weak and way more prone to developing a wobble. take notice of all the 24mm 48 spline cranks coming out lately.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

2/22/2017 4:33 PM

ticaleb wrote:

my 2 cents on the spline topic: i've had exactly 3 sets of 19mm 48 spline cranks. in my experience, you gotta babysit those fucking spindle bolts, otherwise they come loose and you develop that wobble. i eventually started using locktite but that was only a band-aid. i eventually went from 19mm cranks to 24mm cranks. I NEVER have to tighten or watch the spindle bolt on these cranks and i'm on my third set of these as well. given they are 2.5 piece as opposed to 3 piece, which means there is one less bolt to come loose. I can't speak on 22mm, but 19mm is weak and way more prone to developing a wobble. take notice of all the 24mm 48 spline cranks coming out lately.

I have 2 sets of 22mm 48spline cranks. 3pc and 2.5pc. The only problem, which in hindsight isnt really a problem but my lack of maintainence, was the cranks moving when pushing the bike. Tightened it down a quater of a turn on each side and there wasnt anything bothering me anymore.

I havent tried 24mm cranks yet and I dont have any plans for a build that involves that at the moment, but Ive been interested in them ever since seeing the Eclat Onyx. But it wouldnt make sense for me to get one just to try it out, just a 2mm increase as opposed to 5mm for you.

|

2/22/2017 7:07 PM

ticaleb wrote:

My sentiments exactly. Unless you carry an allen key with you at ALL times and are constantly checking the bolts, they're bound to be ridden loose at some point without the users knowledge.

|

2/22/2017 7:12 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

I run brakes, so to disassemble completely to swap a frame I need:

2.5 MM allen
5 MM allen
6 MM allen
17MM deep socket with extension
10MM wrench or crescent wrench (adjust brake springs)
Something to pop BB out
Pliers to pop the master link on my chain apart

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/22/2017 7:15 PM

I'm surprised Odyssey are doing 48 spline.

|