Odyssey Pedal Reflectors

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2016 11:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I was crashed into for the 2nd time in the last 4 weeks. I ride BMX most nights and previously I had not got any high vis and lights and stuff. However I have decided to sacrifice my bike's integrity for my health LOL. I run Odyssey Grandstand Alloy Pedals and I have a stupid question: can I put reflectors on them and if so how? Also if anyone knows ones that would fit I would really like to know!

Cameron

|

11/4/2016 12:33 PM

Reflective stickers
I have few of them on my bike (forks,seatpost,chainstays) but you can probably put them on your pedals too

|

11/4/2016 1:45 PM

Yeah but how, bolts, click in?

|

11/4/2016 2:08 PM

Those little reflectors aren't going to make much difference. Maybe get a small light you can wrap around your seatpost. It'll make you much more visible than a little reflector

|

11/4/2016 2:15 PM

Cheers, I'll do that: will be simpler.

Also what are your opinion on those spoke lights

|

11/4/2016 2:58 PM

Cameronb_01 wrote:

Yeah but how, bolts, click in?

Sticker

|

11/4/2016 3:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Those little reflectors aren't going to make much difference. Maybe get a small light you can wrap around your seatpost. It'll ...more

This. The flashing light on the rear will get you way more noticed by drivers. I like the ones with stretchy or wiry arms so you can wrap onto seatpost and take off easily when you want.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/4/2016 3:51 PM

Cameronb_01 wrote:

Cheers, I'll do that: will be simpler.

Also what are your opinion on those spoke lights

Spoke lights will probably piss you off while you're trying to ride. You can get tyres with a reflective strip on the sidewall though, they look pretty cool

|

11/5/2016 1:33 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Spoke lights will probably piss you off while you're trying to ride. You can get tyres with a reflective strip on the sidewall ...more

Yes, these are pretty cool! My stock tires on my Fit had reflective strips on them. They looked super cool for night riding and dark pictures.

https://www.danscomp.com/products/444097/Cult_Vans_Tire.html
You can get these with a reflective checkered strip..

and these Fit FAf's come with a night vision option
http://fitbikeco.com/shop/tires/faf-tire/

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen