Odyssey Quartet Cassette (Did some stuff)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2015 11:35 PM

I traded my Sun Rhynolite XL laced to a Colony Wasp Cassette Hub
-The Rhynolite was in prime condition
-The Driver had only 3 pawls in it, with modded Primo Springs
-Had DT Swiss Champion Spokes (14g black stainless steel spokes)
-Brass Nips m8

FOR

-Black Odyssey Hazard Lite Rim (Recent one too, has the updated logo)
-I guess basic b*tch 14g spokes or even Odyssey HGS Spokes for that matter
-Odyssey Quartet Cassette Hub (Looking to buy a driver in a couple days, either ODSY 9t from LBS or 8t or 9t Blackout Driver off Dans)

Anyway, In general. was it a decent trade? Not as high end rim for high end rim, I guess a moderate hub for moderate hub? I have an issue though. When I got the driver, the person sent me a vid of this before trading too, the driver, would shift in/out of the hub. the wheel did not rattle, it spun solid, but there was a gap in the spacing, in between the adaptor that goes into the dropouts and the other internals.

Anyway I did a mod that'll hopefully last at least two days of cruising, some flat riding (not flatland), and small street spots

Here's a video that shows a before and after of the driver, the first clip shows the driver when it shifts (red bike, before trade) and the second is on my bike with the mod (The mod is a bearing from the backside of a Primo Mix Driver that seemed to fit into the current ODSY Driver I have in the Quartet Hub)
VIDEO:

Bottom line, was the trade worth it in some ways, also might as well ask, think that bearing sitting in there can last a couple days like that? I have no mix hubs anymore, none that I use anymore that is.
|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

10/15/2015 1:11 AM

Yah seems like a good trade as long as both were taken care of . Wasp hub is such a park oriented hub I heard , was gonna buy one potentially but I was told not to for my style , I love Colony but I ride street so next time maybe. But yah I'd ride a hazard lite anyways , they're sick

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/15/2015 3:14 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yah seems like a good trade as long as both were taken care of . Wasp hub is such a park oriented hub I heard , was gonna buy ...more

Brayden if you wanna run a street oriented wasp, take out 3 pawls and the engagement will be AMAZING. But yeah both seem fine, but after I buy a driver for it, if I do not like it very much in the end. I can contact the guy about trading back. I'd rather buy a new driver then trade back over blowing out the driver and trying to trade after that happens.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

10/15/2015 3:43 PM

how does removing pawls create better engagement and make it a better street hub?
the reason it's not the best for street is the 3/8" shemale axle bolts so it's not meant for heavy grinding...

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

10/15/2015 3:48 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

how does removing pawls create better engagement and make it a better street hub?
the reason it's not the best for street is ...more

Timing feels a lot nicer on fakie tricks

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

10/15/2015 7:34 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Lolol this...

Removing pawls that the hub comes with seems like a terrible idea... I can see less pawls creating better engagement because I remember reading something G-Sport George a while back that 3 pawls is the ideal setup because all 3 engage at the same time, and ones with 4 pawls tend to sometimes only engage 2 at a time or something. Can't remember exactly but yeah. Removing 3 pawls from a 6 pawl driver sounds like it would create a lot of slop in between engagement.

|

10/15/2015 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2015 8:17 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Lolol this...

Removing pawls that the hub comes with seems like a terrible idea... I can see less pawls creating better ...more

Worked perfect for me. Never skipped, never felt sloppy. At all. I used springs from a mix hub and bent them into shape and has been solid ever since.

Really though it felt on point.

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

10/17/2015 8:40 PM

Does anyone know when that new Odyssey hub is coming out ? The Gsport knockoff but like better ? Not this one , but it's like similar

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short