Odyssey Thunderbolt Question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 9:45 AM

Ok so I'm building up a new custom bike. It's my first custom so I'm really excited but I need to know if Odyssey Thunderbolt Cranks will fit on a United Mothership Frame with a Shadow Conspiracy BB 22mm Kit. I feel like the spindle will be too short because my friends verde has a shorter width bb on the frame than my Mothership and his barely fit on there, like the spaces were right on the edge of where the little wedge thing went on. Please let me know if anyone has had this issue or not. Or if you think itll work.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/5/2013 10:03 AM

It'll fit dont worry about it you just wont have to use as many spacers

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/5/2013 10:12 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

It'll fit dont worry about it you just wont have to use as many spacers

I hope so, I'm thinking about throwin my friends set up on just to make double sure. im just scared that its gonna be too short because he only had to use the cone spacers and it still was almost to short. but we will see. I'll post pics later as to what all im talking about so it'll make more sense. lol

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/5/2013 11:14 AM

Odyssey doesn't even use the drive side cone spacer in their BB, they include multiple smaller spacers instead. Which to me looks pretty dumb but it works. That being said, your cranks will fit one way or another because you can use just one of the cone spacers on the non drive side & a few smaller spacers on the drive side & it should fit

|